Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

:yess: :yess:

:lol I have to say I've got my nits about this one too but after seeing the changes HT made to Spidey I have no doubt this will be awesome when it's ready to ship.

Yeah, I think it's too early to write him off. I'm prepared to wait and see, but already he is growing on me. Studio shots may put to rest some fears.

The lights on him are very bright, which is apparent if his 'grey' hair is anything to go by (if you blow up the latest shot).

you still can get the ss one for 80 bucks, but i don't like it i seen the ss one at my buddies house and really didn't care for it, it was a pass for me, but this guy isnt perfect but i really like him, plus hot toys will tweek it before it's released. so this is a buy for me. he'll look good in my collection.

I already said I thought he looked great when we got the first pics, but now he looks even better.

Definatly better. Maybe improving the likeness is simply a matter of some better paint apps?

Oh, and im definatly going to have to get my hands on a Kato jacket.

I'm pretty sure the world is coning to an end soon because this is the day that Sideshow trumped Hot Toys.

The Hot Toys has more wrong with it than the Sideshow did and on top of that Indy looks like he's got a bad case of malaria or something.

Say what you will about the amzing proto sculpt on the Sideshow, I judge the FINAL product. And it was garbage. Awful paint apps, loose body that couldnt stand right, cheap looking jacket....very, very little to like about the Sideshow one. Got rid of my Ex version and was glad.

The HT one has some issues, but already looks lightyears ahead of the crappy Sideshow version

5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

I actually am ok with the expression in this shot, he looks more neutral, if this is a more true representation of the head, I'll lean more towards buying the whole HT figure. Really want to see the official photos as the lighting in them will give a true representation of the expression of the sculpt.

this figure is really bad. it doesn't look like Ford at all. it looks like that guy at the beginning of Last Crusade who young indy gets the hat from. maybe hot toys was watching that movie and didn't know which actor was Indy and sculpted the wrong guy.

this figure is really bad. it doesn't look like Ford at all. it looks like that guy at the beginning of Last Crusade who young indy gets the hat from. maybe hot toys was watching that movie and didn't know which actor was Indy and sculpted the wrong guy.

Exactly the point I made a few pages back. I really can't understand how anyone could see it as a good likeness of Ford. The new angles have not changed my mind. I just hope HT listens to us and has a better go of it. A good sculpt, done to HT DX level production will look amazing, but this is not a good sculpt of Ford.

HT's version looks more like Ford to me, than this:
305880128352e446558a.jpg

and this:
indianajones1.jpg

and this:
indy04.jpg

HT's version looks more like Ford to me, than this:
305880128352e446558a.jpg

and this:
indianajones1.jpg

and this:
indy04.jpg

But the actual SS sculpt is great, the face is right, it just needed repainting. And the SS hat looks way better.

The HT face is not right yet. Neither is the hat.

I hope Hot Toys can preserve the brim of the hat better in production, one let down with the Sideshow Indy was how mangled the brim cam out looking compared to how right on the proto was.

Yep with the right paint apps Sideshows sculpt wins by a landslide!
Proof below:
But since im a hard core Indy fan im still going to get the Hot Toys version.
Like others have stated HTs sculpt is almost there but not quite. Hopefully the update it in the upcoming months.
aw6l5f.png

This looks better but if ever a sculpt needed to be 100% nailed it's this, Ford as Indy is one of the most iconic characters in cinema history, Hot Toys consistently make just about the best 1/6th figures available - this figure must rock, no excuses !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back