Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, if there's enough dissatisfaction with the sculpt, I could see Hot Toys redoing it.

I'll probably place a preorder to secure one and see what the final shipping figure looks like to decide to keep or not. Right now, I lean towards sticking with the Sideshow sculpt and picking up the shirt and belts from the HT figure, but if the sculpt is toned down to be less intense and more to my liking, I'll apply my Sovereign jacket to the HT figure. Possibilities to choose from, too early with this figure to know what path I'll be taking.

And why is he wearing eyeliner? Looks like he's been taking fashion tips from Jack Sparrow...

No eyeline, that's just the gap between the portrait and the PERS eyes.

20101225_00699e53ed6b5f61d7d7ddoiYPhWUOTu.jpg

Like I said at OSW, face needs work but I'll be waiting for the official release pictures before making the jump to on board for purchasing this beauty.

I am still befuddled over the decision to include the idol base... why ??? Sideshow's piece was all we needed... very goofy decision......

Not every one bought the Sideshow one. I didn't want that Bellog and wasn't going to pay that much just for the Idol base. You can always sell the Hot Toys base.

I like the Indiana franchise but I have never felt the need for a figure really. When I see those pictures I don't see 100% Harrison Ford, sorry. Everything else looks fantastic tho. So many accessories etc.
Never had a DX so hopefully with some work on the head sculpt this can change my mind.

Not every one bought the Sideshow one. I didn't want that Bellog and wasn't going to pay that much just for the Idol base. You can always sell the Hot Toys base.

Same here, and I imagine a lot of people who wanted the base couldn't pull the trigger on that Belloq.

Hot Toys
Dear Fans, one day to go for the public opening of our highly anticipated 10th Anniversary Exhibition at Tokyo!

We've just celebrated with the industrial leaders and friends at the private party!

As promised, the greatly expected MMS DX Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, a project collaborated with Sideshow Collectibles, is first unveiled here!
Here're photos taken at the event for our fans! Hope you'd like them!

Let's share the joy with us & have a wonderful Christmas!

16614347489405234358690.jpg

16463347489410234358690.jpg

Mediocre, easy pass for me...

Anyone waxing poetically about this piece is just a crazed fan of the film that has been dying to see this as a HT piece. Meh...for those that love it, enjoy.

Mediocre? Jeez...

I'm guessing Sideshow's looks like crap to you then?

I'm happy just to pick up the odd bits n' pieces and add to my custom Indy. I hope they revise the headsculpt coz I'd like a pers head on mine. Other than that? As a package, it looks like a disappointing pass...Roll on 89 Bats though!

People are complaining about the idol base being included ? jeez...

Though this does make me excited and hopeful for the Temple of Doom DX figure should it be released....will it come with a Tuxedo? ...and minecar ?!

Anybody mention the thumb on whip hand? It looks detachable. Maybe just wrinkles.

Mediocre? Jeez...

I'm guessing Sideshow's looks like crap to you then?

I'd agree with him. as GREAT as the outfit/ accessories look.. the head just doesn't look like Harrison. Perhaps it's a bad picture. perhaps it's bad lighting.. as we got more pics, my opinion might change. but a lousy likeness to harrison kills it.

Nut as it stands right now, this is just as bad as the ultimate union Luke from medibay.

As a package it looks disappointing? This guy is ****ing packed with large pieces.

People are quite unreasonable these days.

Top and bottom is - we've been waiting for the ultimate Indy , The sculpt isn't 100% Ford. Come on Hot Toys you can do do so much better than this !

Anybody mention the thumb on whip hand? It looks detachable. Maybe just wrinkles.

It's not, i have that on one of my hans landa's hands, it's just where the hand was made in two pieces and stuck together.

Edit: Biojex beat me to it first:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back