Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet a lot of you bashing the likeness will be eating their words once the figure's released.

I want to know if there's 2 heads or one, you'd think one since there's no photos of the built up map room figure, but still, there are 2 heads in that display, would like to know if they're identical or not.

Its not loyalty to Trevor. Its just that of all the sculptors we've seen take a crack at Ford he's been the one to nail it time after time. This sculpt right now from HT is just off. I'm not sure what it is but something isn't there. It appears they took Kim's sculpt and updated it a bit. Assuming HT does what has in the past I'm sure they'll fix it but will they be able to make it look like Ford that is the major question. With a character like Indy it has to look like Ford to order it.

I just don't see the spot on Harrison Ford sculpts that everyone seems to applaud so much around here. I agree that the PF sculpt is the best Indiana Jones portrait I have seen anywhere. I wish HT would use that one with their paint apps. However, in regards to the 12" SS one, I think this one is superior. Even the most talented painters, ie Small Studios etc, can't seem to flesh that one out. He just looks like a deer caught in headlights no matter who paints it. Whereas, the PF just looks perfect. This HT sculpt looks a tad off to me but it's pretty good. I think he looks a bit too determined, and I like my Indy to have that wise guy look. Regardless, this figure will sell and I guarantee that. It's still the best Indiana Jones out there.

Wait, are we getting 2 sculpts or just 1 ? First pics have just 1 but other pic has two figures on display. Is that the same sculpt or different?

Still think the sculpt's great from Trev, just a let down paint job.

Indiana_Jones_head_by_trev_solo.jpg

Something people need to remember: many people said Sideshow's Indy sculpt looked off from the original pictures. It could be the lighting, but we won't know until the figure is in hand.

I for one, will definitely buy this.

I just don't see the spot on Harrison Ford sculpts that everyone seems to applaud so much around here. I agree that the PF sculpt is the best Indiana Jones portrait I have seen anywhere. I wish HT would use that one with their paint apps. However, in regards to the 12" SS one, I think this one is superior. Even the most talented painters, ie Small Studios etc, can't seem to flesh that one out. He just looks like a deer caught in headlights no matter who paints it. Whereas, the PF just looks perfect. This HT sculpt looks a tad off to me but it's pretty good. I think he looks a bit too determined, and I like my Indy to have that wise guy look. Regardless, this figure will sell and I guarantee that. It's still the best Indiana Jones out there.

I can't help ya there. The 1:6th figure from SS looks like Ford. It may not have as a determined look as the HT one but the likeness is there. The PF sculpt is amazing so I agree with ya there. The HT sculpt just doesn't look like ford at all (to me). It just looks like to me vaguely like Ford but more like someone playing Indiana Jones. It probably will sell at least for parts but I think folks if they don't change it (which I doubt they leave it as is) will be left going well at least its good for parts. Sorry a figure can't be the best Indy out there if it doesn't look like Ford.

Here's a side by side someone put on FB. Maybe its the nose area thats messing it up?:dunno

Indy.jpg

He sorta looks like the guy that gives Indy his hat at the beginning of Last Crusade.

Premature to make too many judgments about this prototype, though. We need to see it from different angles and in different lighting.

I agree with that pic Dino. The HT fac is the correct shape. I think theirs is closer to the overall likness than Sideshows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back