Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^This.

For those that are complaining about HT including the Idol Chamber.....Too Bad?

Im glad they are adding it, since theres some of us that didnt bend over for the Belloq exclusive to get it. Glad I waited. :yess:

LOL. I'm very impressed if anyone 'waited' for HT to make the idol chamber! I think it's fair enough that they include it, it just concerns me how much it will push the price up. And based on what I've seen so far I much prefer the sideshow dio. The idol looks nice though.

LOL. I'm very impressed if anyone 'waited' for HT to make the idol chamber! I think it's fair enough that they include it, it just concerns me how much it will push the price up. And based on what I've seen so far I much prefer the sideshow dio. The idol looks nice though.

I didnt wait for HT to do the chamber, I just waited on getting the Belloq, since it wasnt a character I really wanted, but I did want the idol. This saves me some money. Cause it would have sucked if I got the Belloq then this. So it worked out in the long run.

I too think that the HS needs a lot more than tweaking. They practically need to redo the whole sculpt. It's like they don't have a license to the likeness.

Now a Mola Ram would be an instant buy. And I expect a TOD Indy (with Shortround please HT!)

Slim. I'd say, outside of Indy, Mola Ram's probably the only other character that HT would produce.

I agree, although it would be odd to offer a Raiders Indy with a ToD Mola Ram.

I think this is a one-off.

Unless sales are exceptional, which I doubt. People are already dissatisfied. Wait until the price tag hits.

No, it really doesn't...:(

Exactly!

M.

You have your opinion. I have mine

It looks like I will be one of the few who is buying this then?
I will come back to the official thread when it's released, just like I did with The Terminator figure, you know the one that was bashed when pictures were first released of that. It's also funny to see how all of a sudden the Sideshow one is now in vogue. I remember people putting me down for defending that one, how times have changed

I can't wait to see the Reeve pictures, and the barrage that will follow.

(by the way I think some of you have done some very good constructive criticism)

I agree, although it would be odd to offer a Raiders Indy with a ToD Mola Ram.

I think this is a one-off.

Unless sales are exceptional, which I doubt. People are already dissatisfied. Wait until the price tag hits.

War, I am willing to waiger that this will be a hit for Hot Toys, just like the Terminator figures and Pirates figures. People always try and find fault in the beginning, especially this board. There also appears to be a huge loyalty to Trevor here, which is ok. So anything short of shrinking Harrison Ford down, would be a letdown. I looked into the customs thread and the only Indy that looks as good as if not better is the one with the shrunken down PF sculpt. Other than that, I honestly don't see anything that compares. I also feel that Hot Toys will alter this and tweak it some more which will make it even better.

Yeah, thats the thing if they don't fix the sculpt (at least from my POV) then I just don't see this garnering more figures.

Yeah I see what you have had to say and I can see where you are coming from. I'm really happy with it, but I am sure they will improve it

I'm trying to be constructive. :lol It looks like a potentially great figure from what we've seen. I'm sure they will as well. I've never not seen them fix things so I have hope they will. Which is of course why I will be placing an order.

I like Sideshows sculpt and jacket look better, but everything else HT all the way.

I'll take awesome paint aps and a sculpt that looks like the character any day.

I don't usually get drawn into speculation threads but it's Indy and I can't resist. I don't think there is anything wrong with criticisms as long as HT get the message and improve him. This is clearly going to be an expensive figure and I will not part with my money unless the sculpt justifys it. Some have said that people always criticise at first, but I actually think first impressions are extremely useful. If I do not instantly recognise the likeness to be accurate then it needs to be tweaked. The mk IV Stark sculpt is still not 100% - the eyes are still wrong - but I think many have gotten used to it and accepted it's faults. I don't want to accept faults in such an iconic figure, so I think I is fair enough that we ask for better. Sorry for rambling! I was really excited for this and it currently doesn't look much better than the CM head :-(

War, I am willing to waiger that this will be a hit for Hot Toys, just like the Terminator figures and Pirates figures. People always try and find fault in the beginning, especially this board. There also appears to be a huge loyalty to Trevor here, which is ok. So anything short of shrinking Harrison Ford down, would be a letdown. I looked into the customs thread and the only Indy that looks as good as if not better is the one with the shrunken down PF sculpt. Other than that, I honestly don't see anything that compares. I also feel that Hot Toys will alter this and tweak it some more which will make it even better.

Its not loyalty to Trevor. Its just that of all the sculptors we've seen take a crack at Ford he's been the one to nail it time after time. This sculpt right now from HT is just off. I'm not sure what it is but something isn't there. It appears they took Kim's sculpt and updated it a bit. Assuming HT does what has in the past I'm sure they'll fix it but will they be able to make it look like Ford that is the major question. With a character like Indy it has to look like Ford to order it.

And why is he wearing eyeliner? Looks like he's been taking fashion tips from Jack Sparrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back