Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going for that look right there thats for sure. God its annoying me what about the sculpt seems off.

Indy.jpg
indiana-jones-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-8-1024.jpg

:):goodpost:

I know. Just can't pinpoint why something seems offf. That I have no doubts on. Which is a great thing about HT.

It's the eyes i think ..but maybe from another angle,or with the eyes looking another way it may look better.

Could be the eyes. Was thinking Nose area which includes the eyes. Yeah, I want to see more pics for sure and I may very well change my opinion totally which would be fine by me I want this figure.

Well its not perfect but its still pretty awesome. And I will be getting this. There is still plenty of time for the sculpt to be tweaked. Im not worried. Can't wait.

Looking at those photos, the HT is better. The cheeks on the SS is just full and he still has that lifeless look to him. And the nasolabial folds on the SS one are too vertical and the upper lip looks too long. I just don't see the what all the fuss is about with that one. The hat on the HT Indy is off though with the sides of the hat tapering off, where they should be vertical. The SS hat is too narrow looking on his head, and the HT one looks too large. The HT sculpt's eyebrows are way too thick though. Regardless, I feel like HT will improve the sculpt with some of the feedback they are getting (I hope!!!). It doesn't matter to me though cause I will retire my SS Indiana Jones and buy the HT one.

HT sculpt is off in the jaw-line, should be in line (angle change) with bottom of the bulb of the nose. Thanks for the side-by-sides. Neither SS nor HT are perfect, but HT has the time and our feedback to correct this and make everbody happy.

Merry Christmas.

I love it, At last my quest will have ended. I can stop this Indy obsession now.

They're going for that look right there thats for sure. God its annoying me what about the sculpt seems off.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
My immediate thoughts when I seen it was that he looks too young some how?
I really dont know.
Dinolasts pic really makes me like the sculpt a hell of a lot more now though.
The only thing I can see at the moment is that the folds under the eyes dont look as prominent as i think they should be:

Untitled-3.png

Its really hard to tell though.

The hat looks to have a taper on the sides, does anyone think its a removable hat? Maybe thats why it looks odd?

What a disappointment! I really hope they re-work the likeness because I barely see Ford in there at the moment. Trevor's ROTLA PF sculpt is leagues ahead of this.
Also - they seem to have forgotten about his Fedora. What I love about Trevor's sculpts is that he KNOWS what Indy's Fedora should look like - the swooping / curling brim and the very distinctive crown shape and front pinch. Hot Toys have pretty much failed on all of the telltale signs that make Indy's Fedora "Indy".

The reason why I love this so much, is that it's almost exactly what I expected, minus the Idol Base. I knew Hot Toys wasn't going to deliver a 100% accurate sculpt. What they did give us was an absolutely loaded figure, with a sculpt that actually looks like a miniature human. I love the way they do the stubble, they made it heavier in the mustache area, and lightened on the sides, just like Indy's stubble.

Sideshow's stubble is brush strokes (???) and heavier on the sides and lighter in the mustache. . . which is just wrong.

The other thing I noticed about the HT is that it looks like it might actually be a fabric hat band, either that or they nailed the texture, or it's just JPEG artifacts that make it look that way.

If anyone is passing on this figure and wants an Idol Base, I'll be selling my HT Idol Base. ;)

OK... gotta clarify my comment on why I thought the idol base was a poor idea... my point was simply that they could have simply tried to be more creative.. idol base is done already... its not so much a complaint as it is constructive criticism.. if I were in their shoes I would want to break out and go beyond what has been done.. this is a HOT license... sideshow has done the idol base in their line.. so why not go into uncharted territory to really knock people's socks off... they did the maproom robe and his notebook for that scene.. do a portion of the floor in that scene.. point being, push the envelope guys.. do something new and creative.. that's all I meant... (I'll be hocking my HT idol base or trading it for anyone interested :) )

Wow, I wish I could see Ford in that face. Seems to be too short and the nose too hawkish. Hope they can fix it, possibly even redo before we're offered this thing. The shoes however are absolutely stunning. Can't wait till some of his accessories get parted out. Another complaint I would make is the shapeless hat brim. Really lacks the needed drama of the real prop. Apart from the HF likeness, the hat is the most crutial aspect of the character. This one looks nearly as bad to me as the medicom. Again, fingers crossed. And happy holidays, y'all!

Nathan

Nathan

OK... gotta clarify my comment on why I thought the idol base was a poor idea... my point was simply that they could have simply tried to be more creative.. idol base is done already... its not so much a complaint as it is constructive criticism.. if I were in their shoes I would want to break out and go beyond what has been done.. this is a HOT license... sideshow has done the idol base in their line.. so why not go into uncharted territory to really knock people's socks off... they did the maproom robe and his notebook for that scene.. do a portion of the floor in that scene.. point being, push the envelope guys.. do something new and creative.. that's all I meant... (I'll be hocking my HT idol base or trading it for anyone interested :) )

HT did the same thing with Sideshow's Terminator license -- same rosebox set.

Maybe once they get the license from Sideshow it's just easier to go with what's already been approved rather than be too different.

Must be some reason why the company that takes first crack then hands it over to someone else to just do the same thing with some extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back