Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have no Indy in my collection anymore and I am a big fan of HT, so this is a definite purchase for me, but I do hope they tweak the likeness.

As others have stated, this is simply not 'blowing me away' at the moment.

Massive disappointment. They should scrap that awful sculpt and work with Sideshow's. Is there anyway to contact them? Maybe that would help if a ton expressed concern.

I don't have any Indiana Jones items in my collection, so If I do end up getting something to represent that series for me, it'll probably be this figure.

It's Hot Toys.
Their final product is often way better than an initial sculpt.

Two examples:
The Rocky4 figure pics which looked like a cartoon Sly.
The final sculpt was awesome.

Bruce Lee's body which was ultra ripped. They have now released pics 6 months later of a much more natural body - and they are still working on improving.

Indy will look like Ford when he is released.

I think it looks great. The one thing throwing it off a little is the eyebrows look to bushy and dark in that pics. Probably just the lighting. Am I the only one who doesn't like SS 12" figure???

It's Hot Toys.
Their final product is often way better than an initial sculpt.

Two examples:
The Rocky4 figure pics which looked like a cartoon Sly.
The final sculpt was awesome.

Bruce Lee's body which was ultra ripped. They have now released pics 6 months later of a much more natural body - and they are still working on improving.

Indy will look like Ford when he is released.

:lecture:exactly::clap

I am still befuddled over the decision to include the idol base... why ??? Sideshow's piece was all we needed... very goofy decision... a piece of the maproom floor would have made sense... or hell.. just more accessories... maybe his transit on a tripod for display with the maproom robe.. shovel, rope.. something... but another idol base... groan.... give us something new we can use.... again.. I am in no way jumping into this girlie pissing match over sideshow's Indy vs. HT's.. (which is really ridiculous... reading through here I have come to the conclusion that a number of you really need to step back and notice that this is nothing but a good thing for collectors... more choices mean better customs.. period... stop getting so bent over different opinions and be happy with the fact that we now have something more than the old 80's Kenner 12 inch and the Toys McCoy !!) .... but anyhoo.....

Idol Base makes perfect sense. Not many people bought Sideshow's version because it didn't come with Indy... it came with a character who's not even in the scene with it.

I like the shoes.... so is this the end of horrible solid rubber shoes? Please make shoes like DID way!

First thing i noticed of HT's Indy sculpt is the eyebrows... hmm...might be the lighting/camera...

As far as 1/6th scale Indy head sculpts goes... I still reckon Jim Maddox first Indy head is the best... even thought the sculpt is rough compare to today's standard but he definitely nailed it. All it needs is a good resculpting and fine tunning and get that HT treatment.

I,for one, am grateful that they included the idol base. Never got the SS one.

I dont get why so many of you have cows about the likeness...

Is this any better with eyes forward...

HTIndianaJonesadj.jpg

I remember when Sideshow first revealed their Indy, and that prototype was vastly superior in terms of paint apps to the actual production piece. Even the pictures on the SS box looked way better than the actual figure.

I dont get why so many of you have cows about the likeness, when you know that HT will teak it before producing it. Theyve done this time and time again. chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause its something to post about. :dunno Right now though honestly it needs more than a tweak.

Totally. They do a good job of going in and doing that stuff. I would like to think they pay more attention to folks who can constructively say things though.

Idol Base makes perfect sense. Not many people bought Sideshow's version because it didn't come with Indy... it came with a character who's not even in the scene with it.

^^^^This.

For those that are complaining about HT including the Idol Chamber.....Too Bad?

Im glad they are adding it, since theres some of us that didnt bend over for the Belloq exclusive to get it. Glad I waited. :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back