Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you pretty much couldn't care less what you get, so long as it says Star Wars and Hot Toys on the box....

:lol

We have a lot of those people here. Many Star Wars fans are like that. The HT herd is actually slimming though.

Personally, I think $300 for one figure plus a duplicate is excessive. But I also think $250 (HT's new base price) is way high for a figure, even with nice tailoring and a good sculpt.

The idiocy of us paying these prices will not be clear until about a decade out and looking back. Remember what you use to pay for a .0001 3 3/4" Vader on the Red Card with short saber in long tray?

Yeah, I don't care at all. Your standards have nothing to do with being overly retentive or having unrealistically elitist expectations. The issue here is clearly my apathy.
I was certain I was going to disagree with your response, but you nailed it. Thanks, devil.

We have a lot of those people here. Many Star Wars fans are like that. The HT herd is actually slimming though.

Personally, I think $300 for one figure plus a duplicate is excessive. But I also think $250 (HT's new base price) is way high for a figure, even with nice tailoring and a good sculpt.

The idiocy of us paying these prices will not be clear until about a decade out and looking back. Remember what you use to pay for a .0001 3 3/4" Vader on the Red Card with short saber in long tray?
Yeah, crazy that $300.00 for this is considered 'not premium' and expecting the production piece to be recognizable from the prototype is considered 'elitist'.

...which both appear to have been downgraded in production. We cannot expect custom quality paint apps, but the tailoring should remain top notch at this price.

What is Hot Toys, if not for the 'elitist' collector, willing to pay top dollar for a good sculpt, body, tailoring and accessories? Yeah, it's 'uptight and obsessive' to expect a $300.00 package to resemble what was teased, devil. Really? Are you that stupid? Do you work with anyone for whom $300.00 is a lot of money, even if for a jerk like you it's not? I'm doing alright and $300.00 has a ton of competition. Just incredible to me how little you expect.

I think both portraits resemble Z-Man closely enough to warrant the $300 tag.

But he/she wasn't my favourite character in BTVOTD so I'm going to pass on this one.

If they make a Han Solo that resembles Otto, count me in.

What is Hot Toys, if not for the 'elitist' collector, willing to pay top dollar for a good sculpt, body, tailoring and accessories? Yeah, it's 'uptight and obsessive' to expect a $300.00 package to resemble what was teased, devil. Really? Are you that stupid? Do you work with anyone for whom $300.00 is a lot of money, even if for a jerk like you it's not? I'm doing alright and $300.00 has a ton of competition. Just incredible to me how little you expect.

I'm poor. I'm not stupid, and I only come across as a jerk because you're emotional threshold is lower than a drag queen with PMS.

Still, for $300, getting what was teased is a steal. If I don't like it, I'll return it. Not sure why the hysterics are necessary.

Still, for $300, getting what was teased is a steal. If I don't like it, I'll return it. Not sure why the hysterics are necessary.

It sure is a steal, if what was teased is delivered. That's all people are asking, there really isn't any hysterics, just people asking questions before they hand over 300 republic credits, that's all.:peace

It's a steal if we get the prototype. It will be fair if we get something less. The raw sculpts in the pictures people lost their minds over aren't the crimes against humanity that they're being treated as. How many people would be crying over them if they had never seen the prototype?

And while not everyone may be overreacting, there are plenty here making up for them.

devilof76 said:
How many people would be crying over them if they had never seen the prototype?
So how would this work, in your mind, devil? Hot Toys doesn't show a prototype and just announces who they're working on and people PO from that? Expecting a production piece to resemble a prototype that got you to order in the first place is bad, how?

It's not bad so much as it is delusional. Particularly when the pictures offered in the pre-order solicitation state "Prototype shown. Final product may be slightly different."

How would it work in reality, that no prototype be seen prior to solicitation? (Because it doesn't actually matter how it would work in my mind, now does it?) They would be put up for sale, and people would buy it if they liked it. You're not committed to a sale if you pre-order, so there's little difference between the two models, other than with the pre-order, people have an opportunity to ignore the caveat regarding the possibility of production changes, and expect to get exactly what was teased, whether it was promised, or not.

Thing is a lot of people may only be able to afford a piece like this through flex pay. The flex pay cancellation policy works on how many payments you've made.

Being that the figure is heavily delayed and might not look like the proto type at all, it's fairly harsh stinging people while their money is sitting in SS's bank on a false promise.

Of course the answer is - Don't flex pay, Don't PO, save the money up but it might not be that easy of convenient for some folk.

I don't think it's harsh to expect people to get a little nervous on release. Some collectors could have just ordered 3-4-5? pieces for big bucks and could ultimately end up with a problem with each one.

Anyway that's getting a little off topic!

The point about the release doesn't stand. There is ZERO reasons I can think of why we don't have a picture of the product we are about to invest in and is now sitting in mass production ready to be shipped out.

i have said it before... Hot Toys should take a cue from Apple... an announcement with all the particulars... availability within the week... we would know exactly what we are getting, but perhaps be too stoked and mesmerized to know if we really need it.

Back