Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how would this work, in your mind, devil? Hot Toys doesn't show a prototype and just announces who they're working on and people PO from that? Expecting a production piece to resemble a prototype that got you to order in the first place is bad, how?

Obviously you've never collected anything from Enterbay.

Their new business model for the last year is no pictures of prototypes. They will tease us with some behind the scenes pictures here and there to let us know something is coming out soon.

Then when they finish production, and about 10-20 days before official release, they will take a photoshoot of the IN-HAND product. The official photos and specs is whats gonna be in the box. What you see is what you get. No Pre-orders, no depsoit.. when its up for order its in stock.

The only flaw is for people that are interested in it, they don't have enough time to complain how they would want them to fix it and show their nifty photoshopped alterations, but with HT, they weren't gonna fix it anyways.

False promise? There was no promise, and even on FlexPay, you can return it for a full refund.

Well this is true, but it sounds like your understanding of the word prototype is different from mine.

I'm sure it'll be fine. If what you say about the refund is true then that's not so bad. Just a bit annoying.

Having to return a figure may be annoying, but it does give you the opportunity to assess the figure for yourself, in person. Otherwise, we'd be stuck making decisions with nothing but pictures, which cannot convey the real experience of the figure, no matter how well done they are. The human eye does not observe three dimensional objects statically. It is in constant motion. A lens is still.

This thread is such a downer - this hobby gets less "fun" all the time...

:duff

Hey even Enterbay's model is better than Three A's method.

Preorders go up anywhere from six months to a year or more prior to the figure releasing. Release dates are constantly pushed back with little to no actual contact or circulating information as the company does very little to keep people informed (basically the biggest fans are the ones who do all the information spreading, which is ridiculous). Of course when you have 24 hours or sometimes less to preorder and it is a full payment up front no questions asked. And guess what you base your decision on? Either a very vague looking drawing that almost never accurately reflects the figure or a photoshopped image of what the figure will LIKELY look like. Though they will often supply a few images of the figure, but more often than not you're running on empty.

Yeah.

I kinda of dig the new head sculpt...I've been wanting to pull off the cast from Rosanne...Dan...check

MV5BMTExOTQ0NTA3OTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDE2MTk4NzU%40._V1._SY314_CR3,0,214,314_.jpg

Lol wtf is this "new sculpt" talk? Even if we're going by the pic shown way back in this thread, the actual sculpt/mold is the SAME. Only paint differs if going by that pic.

Anyways, I'm going to wait until ACTUAL IN-HAND pics. Not some terribly shot photo with lighting you'll never see the figure under in real life.

So you can return an item from SSC if you are not happy with it? I guess they will not refund the shipping price and you would have to send it back and pay shipping? So all in all, it would be the same to just cancel and eat the NRD that you lose and not have to deal with returning it.

Interesting development. According the OSR, the Luke is not in the Toyko Toy Hunter display anymore. It has caused enough ****storm for HT to pull it from display.

I thought it wasn't supposed to be in the first place, since it's is supposedly a sample for customs.
Anyways:

Yu Fuji

At HT Japan store, DX Luke is not shown now. I don't know the reasons, but may be it is the one factor that the very bad response to new head sculpt made HT to discuss the way of DX Luke. It is possible to be made another new head of Luke, I guess.

2 hours ago
  • Rayna Danish likes this.

• Justin A. Simons No. They were shipped the wrong ones per a Hot Toys worker so I am assuming they removed that one and are awaiting the real finalized one
    46 minutes ago via mobile

• Hyeong-il Kim I posted comment from J.C HONG about DX12 & DX07 taken by you in HT Japan store.
    He said that both of them are not final product but samples to submit to Japan customs. Unfortunately Japanese staff made a mistake by displaying them.
    28 minutes ago via mobile

Last edited:
So you can return an item from SSC if you are not happy with it? I guess they will not refund the shipping price and you would have to send it back and pay shipping? So all in all, it would be the same to just cancel and eat the NRD that you lose and not have to deal with returning it.

Worse for me if that's the case. I live in oz it'll be about $40-50 each way.

Worse for me if that's the case. I live in oz it'll be about $40-50 each way.

Yeah, that's why the "simply return it after assessing the figure for yourself' makes me laugh.

That's why I just want to see the production pics soon, before paying, surely that's not unreasonable.:dunno Shouldn't be much longer before we see some pics.

Last edited:
Back