Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HT Anakin Ep3??? :panic: Time to sell me Ani SSC parts and wait...

So has there been some new "official" word or something? Or just folks in here day dreaming again?

Since well all know it's coming and it has been made official today as this years Star Wars DX release, I thought a thread on this should be made.

I personally would like to see it handled like DX Luke.

2 figures, one a normal Anakin and the other a sith Anakin and perhaps even a charred Vader. Perhaps the platform he and Obiwan fight on while floating in the lava just before he gets the chop.

Eh, I'm fine with Anakin but I'd prefer Han. But really who wouldn't.

So has there been some new "official" word or something? Or just folks in here day dreaming again?

From an interview with the owner of HT. I will buy an Anakin Ep III, I'm sure it will come out nice.

Well, I'd like to see that....Anakin is one character that will benefit from HT's kind of "dour" expression they tend to give their head sculpts...and the PERS feature could look good with him too...

Is there a reason why HT is only doing 1 Star Wars figure a year? Is that the deal they have with Sideshow?
Making every single iron man variant seems to be their top priority...don't they get sick of making the same thing.

On a bright side BRING ON ANAKIN!!! It's not much but its at least some scrap of confirmation that the line is being worked on.

Anakin's a pretty surprising choice for HT to follow up ESB Luke with. Imagine the frenzy if they had announced a ROTJ Luke, ESB Han or ROTJ Fett as their release for next year.

And so how many HT SW figs will we have in the ten years from the Luke Bespin announcement? Like five total? Really thought that announcement was the beginning of a new era in SW collecting and the flood gates would open, but it's just been a trickle.

Why surprising? The main character from the OT and the main character from the PT in their most iconic looks - there's a nice aesthetic sensibility to that. Also, there should be no surprise about the few SW releases, Howard specifically stated at the outset that the HT SW line would have one release per year "to get it right". Any other thoughts on the matter were fanboy daydreams.

That being said, I'm excited for this release! I'm not always a fan of PERS (looks good about 50-60% of the time), but I imagine Sith-eyes PERS would look insanely good. I think this release will be a winner.

I'm a little surpirsed by the choice of ANH Han over ESB Han, would have thought the ESB look would have had more options for the DX treatment. Love 'em both though, I'd be in for either look.

Hope they do Padme in 2015. This will likely be the last HT foray into the PT realm before the sequel trilogy kicks in and all hell breaks loose. I'd really like to see what HT could do with Padme.

I'm a little surpirsed by the choice of ANH Han over ESB Han, would have thought the ESB look would have had more options for the DX treatment. Love 'em both though, I'd be in for either look.

Hope they do Padme in 2015. This will likely be the last HT foray into the PT realm before the sequel trilogy kicks in and all hell breaks loose. I'd really like to see what HT could do with Padme.

I think HT is focusing on main characters and the movie their character was most iconic in.

It know its hard to split hairs but i think ANH Han was just that little more iconic than he was in ESB. That's what i think anyway.

Padme will be an interesting one, i think the geonosis attire is quite memorable but so are a lot of the episode 1 outfits...hmm

From an interview with the owner of HT. I will buy an Anakin Ep III, I'm sure it will come out nice.

An interview with the owner who said we would see images of Batman Returns in Dec. 2012....I think I will continue to watch what's on T.V.

I'm thinking as far as what it will come with, clean Jedi clothes with calm/relaxed sculpt, then slightly burnt Jedi clothes with Sith sculpt similar to ESB Luke (one clean look, one bd look).

Well, I'd like to see that....Anakin is one character that will benefit from HT's kind of "dour" expression they tend to give their head sculpts...and the PERS feature could look good with him too...

Here are the Star Wars related q&a:
Hot Toys' Howard Chan has said in an interview plans for the next Star Wars figures:

4.What's the next character next to Luke?
Howard : 2013 Anakin from Episode 3; 2014 Han Solo from Episode 4; the initial plan to release Padme in 2015 still in consideration.

5. Any plan to make 1/6 Star Wars vehicle?
X-wing?
Howard : Vehicles in Star Wars too big to be produced in 1/6 scale, will be developing in smaller scale.

I know this news is no surprise as they have been saying Anakin for awhile now, but this seems so meh. I really wish they would have stayed on OT characters. Hot Toys Chewie would just be off the freaking hook. I guess since they just whored out 3PO, wishing for a Hot Toys droid 2 pack was wishing for too much as well. :monkey2

I'm very doubtful of one figure per year. Sure we might get the PO for this figure, but no way is it coming out before the end of the year. HT has been bumping back the Avengers figure by as much as six months and that's a license they are being aggresive with. Even if they POed it today with a release of August, it'll still be pushed back too far to be considered this year.

Star Wars, though great, has to be low on HT's list.

Well I don't understand one thing then what does the those by the fans votes mean then I though Chewbacca had won that vote as the next star wars figure and now this announcement just blow that away and state it will be Anakin

Well I don't understand one thing then what does the those by the fans votes mean then I though Chewbacca had won that vote as the next star wars figure and now this announcement just blow that away and state it will be Anakin

:goodpost::exactly:

Why surprising? The main character from the OT and the main character from the PT in their most iconic looks - there's a nice aesthetic sensibility to that.

George: Again.... It's like Poetry... it's so that they Rhyme ~

vlcsnap-2010-07-22-19h35m40s19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back