Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting pics or at least a teaser... :tap

Were "pics" or "teaser" included in the thread title?

No?

Then good day sir!

276_large.gif

(though I have a feeling teaser pics may be coming soon)

So they mention smaller vehicles. Can we expect the next trooper to be a Scout, and a Scout Bike? We got Sandtrooper/Dewback, Snowtrooper/e-web, it would only make sence!
Landspeeder, Scout Bike, What else?

The interview I saw was on facebook - here was the full text (as translated):

1. How many Ironmans will be in Ironman 3
H: 15

2. Iron Whiplash maybe?
H: We are planing

3. 1989 bat mobile when to release on the market?
H: Delay to May

4.What's the next character next to Luke?
H: Anakin next year would be Han Solo

5. Any plan to make 1:6 starwar vehicle?
X-wing?
H: It's too big, but plan on smaller scale

Wasted interview. All the questions are of products/lines which are already a given. Why can't they ask more hardhitting questions about things in development hell :slap

So they mention smaller vehicles. Can we expect the next trooper to be a Scout, and a Scout Bike? We got Sandtrooper/Dewback, Snowtrooper/e-web, it would only make sence!
Landspeeder, Scout Bike, What else?

Nope, Sideshow are doing a landspeeder and have done a sniwtrooper/E-Web already.

It probably means a 1/12th scale vehicle like that bat thing

Were "pics" or "teaser" included in the thread title?

No?

Then good day sir!

276_large.gif

(though I have a feeling teaser pics may be coming soon)

I hope so. If they are planning on releasing one SW figure per year they must at least have a prototype finished to show us soon.. Considering the 8 months + that it takes for them to release a figure after pre-orders are up...

Wasted interview. All the questions are of products/lines which are already a given. Why can't they ask more hardhitting questions about things in development hell :slap

I'm struggling to think of a single interview where any hard hitting questions were put to and answered by Howard/Hot Toys...

Getting this.

Off topic, what's the average year of birth for the PT haters? I know individually they run the gambit but I wonder what decade has the highest concentration.

15 Iron man suits :thud:

I'd own Ep III Anakin, it was the best look IMO. I wouldn't want burnt parts but I would want both Jedi / Sith head sculpts. Re-creating the march to the jedi temple would be killer :yess:

This isn't new news really, it was published last year in Milk or one of those magazines. Good to hear it being reconfirmed though, I want ANY Star Wars character that HT does, of course I have my favourites which I wish they would do first. Jesus id even be excited for Jar Jar! But I'm pretty excited for an Episode 3 Anakin. Could look amazing on display, leathers and cloak will be great.

This isn't new news really, it was published last year in Milk or one of those magazines. Good to hear it being reconfirmed though, I want ANY Star Wars character that HT does, of course I have my favourites which I wish they would do first. Jesus id even be excited for Jar Jar! But I'm pretty excited for an Episode 3 Anakin. Could look amazing on display, leathers and cloak will be great.

Did they confirm it was Anakin from Ep3? I thought they said they were planning on either doing Anakin or Obi-Wan and that they hadn't decided which and from which movie.

Getting this.

Off topic, what's the average year of birth for the PT haters? I know individually they run the gambit but I wonder what decade has the highest concentration.

I was born in 1988, I saw Episode 1 in theaters at the age of 11 and I hated it. I saw the OT special editions in theaters in 95 or 96 an hated them too.
Although the PT sucked, I did like some characters. TC-14 was a nice touch. I loved Darth Maul, even though he died too soon. Ok, thats all I liked.

Getting this.

Don't think you can use this criteria to classify PT haters. I was born in the mid 70s and appreciate the PT... almost as much as i do with the OT .

Wow -- never seen Pix jump the gun before like this. Nor did I know he was such an Anakin/Hayden fan.

:dunno

No gun jumping here. I figured it would be interesting to hear what people wanted/expected out of this release before we knew too much.

Per the Anakin/Hayden remark, you forget I had this made:

AS1.jpg

:lol

Don't think you can use this criteria to classify PT haters. I was born in the mid 70s and appreciate the PT... almost as much as i do with the OT .

Was going to say the same, age is irrelevant. I read some pretty interesting articles about why people hate the prequel trilogy. I think it's mostly up to personal preference..

I was 10 when Star Wars hit theaters in '77 and I am indifferent regarding the prequels. I love OT but I admit PT had "moments" and "characters" which I enjoyed. I was a fan of Clone Wars cartoon so I can't say I hate PT but much rather have characters from OT.

Anakin's a pretty surprising choice for HT to follow up ESB Luke with. Imagine the frenzy if they had announced a ROTJ Luke, ESB Han or ROTJ Fett as their release for next year.

And so how many HT SW figs will we have in the ten years from the Luke Bespin announcement? Like five total? Really thought that announcement was the beginning of a new era in SW collecting and the flood gates would open, but it's just been a trickle.

Are you at all familiar with HT's release MO as it applies to every license they own outside of Batman and Ironman? :lol

Anakin's a pretty surprising choice for HT to follow up ESB Luke with. Imagine the frenzy if they had announced a ROTJ Luke, ESB Han or ROTJ Fett as their release for next year.

And so how many HT SW figs will we have in the ten years from the Luke Bespin announcement? Like five total? Really thought that announcement was the beginning of a new era in SW collecting and the flood gates would open, but it's just been a trickle.

Watchmen they did father / daughter therefore, father / son isn't really too surprising.... HT has a thing for family .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back