Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I sucked it up and bought the 4 pack on Sideshow with free shipping. I'm sure I'll break down and buy another 4 pack after these ones get to me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 would do it for me..... for just the original 7..... but I bet some of the HPP armors look great in them. Of course you would need extra for the IV Secret Project and/or the MKIII Gun Metal Grey.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

7 would do it for me..... for just the original 7..... but I bet some of the HPP armors look great in them. Of course you would need extra for the IV Secret Project and/or the MKIII Gun Metal Grey.

I love wasting money more than most but I think those two are off the table for me haha

Same here, I've been waiting for a long time to set my HOA up. I got a billy bookcase for Christmas and will be doing a 2 x 3 HOA setup. I am still setting up my room and the billy but i have the HOA walls all wired up and have 2 powers cords for the bases all ready to go.

View attachment 156872
Did you wire up the top row to one power plug, and the bottom row to another? If so, may I ask why you decided to do it that way as opposed to wiring both rows to the same power plug? I'm not judging your approach; I'm not anywhere close to an electrician and am looking to understand. I have a set of these on the way and was thinking of wiring all of them to one plug, and I just want to make sure there isn't a reason not to do that. I've been following this thread and it seems like that is an approach that some are taking.

Did you wire up the top row to one power plug, and the bottom row to another? If so, may I ask why you decided to do it that way as opposed to wiring both rows to the same power plug? I'm not judging your approach; I'm not anywhere close to an electrician and am looking to understand. I have a set of these on the way and was thinking of wiring all of them to one plug, and I just want to make sure there isn't a reason not to do that. I've been following this thread and it seems like that is an approach that some are taking.

I am by no means an electrician. I learned how to do it from this forum and Google lol

I have the top row and bottom row powered separately. I ultimately chose to have them wired up separately just because if I ever need to move them, it seemed to make more sense to have them separate. Otherwise, if I ever move them I would have to move all 6 pieces at once which just seems like it would be more trouble than making a few extra wires. Once I got started making the battery replacements, I got on a roll so it didn't much extra time/effort

I could have very easily had everything connected to one wire and I am sure it would be still working the same

I am by no means an electrician. I learned how to do it from this forum and Google lol

I have the top row and bottom row powered separately. I ultimately chose to have them wired up separately just because if I ever need to move them, it seemed to make more sense to have them separate. Otherwise, if I ever move them I would have to move all 6 pieces at once which just seems like it would be more trouble than making a few extra wires. Once I got started making the battery replacements, I got on a roll so it didn't much extra time/effort

I could have very easily had everything connected to one wire and I am sure it would be still working the same
OK, thanks!

Anyone have spare stickers by any chance? Looking for the MKII, III and IV for a diorama. None on eBay at the moment.

I just picked up two sets of four of these and want to interconnect 7 of them for a hall of armor. I also want to do the electrical mods described here to eliminate the need for any batteries. Question #1: if I want to have two power cords coming from the "Hall" - one for all the base lights, and another for all the side walls, will two of these work? Power Adapter. Is one of the two "tips" that comes with it the correct size?

Question #2: If I changed my mind, and decided to wire all lighting together so that I can use only one power adapter for all hall of armor lighting, will the same power adapter work? Correct amperage?

TIA for your help. I want to get the power adapters ordered now, while I'm finalizing my thinking of how I am going to display these.

I just picked up two sets of four of these and want to interconnect 7 of them for a hall of armor. I also want to do the electrical mods described here to eliminate the need for any batteries. Question #1: if I want to have two power cords coming from the "Hall" - one for all the base lights, and another for all the side walls, will two of these work? Power Adapter. Is one of the two "tips" that comes with it the correct size?

Question #2: If I changed my mind, and decided to wire all lighting together so that I can use only one power adapter for all hall of armor lighting, will the same power adapter work? Correct amperage?

TIA for your help. I want to get the power adapters ordered now, while I'm finalizing my thinking of how I am going to display these.

They're so much bigger than you can imagine, especially if you have a bunch of them.

Here is my latest setup. It should take like 89 batteries, but I wired it to use 0.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

:goodpost:nice set up. Put some Iron men in them.

Haha I had to zoom in because I was trying to figure out what was in each hall and I'm fairly sure I saw Joey

These guys are sold out at SSC???

These guys are sold out at SSC???

I just bought another one a week or two ago and it seemed like it was the last one because it went sold out the next day

Oh I cry... I'll never complete my HOA recreation now :lol...

Back