Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Just picked up a bunch of these... For people in the UK, can you recommend any particular AC/DC adaptor?

Read a alot about people using the wrong one and blowing some of the LEDs and its just made me a little nervous!

First post of this thread has a link to a $5 power supply listed on ebay and there is info how to wire the walls

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...3782-hot-toys-custom-hall-armor-projects.html

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I would never leave that room :lol

That is an incredible set-up you have.

Awesome display! Some really nice pieces in there

show the other!

Once the two additional cases are in place and I can reorganise a little, I'll be doing a full photo shoot of my entire display - I'll post a link when it's done. With other things going on, it'll likely be late September / early October :)

It took me longer than expected, but I've done a photo shoot and posted a collection thread here

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/show-your-shelves-/152695-veovis-collection.html

Hi bro i hope you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you for that kind of cabinet? Is that custom made?

Yes, they needed to be custom made because the rooms are odd shapes. The two major cabinets were each in the £35k - £40k area.

Yes, they needed to be custom made because the rooms are odd shapes. The two major cabinets were each in the £35k - £40k area.

Thanks man saved some of your photo ! Atleast now i have something to base my set up btw very nice cabinets and collection one of the best ive seen kudos!

I need to get one more hall so I can start building the "Party" level to my workshop dio. Well, one more bay and HT to release more damn suits. :lol

Hokietwo,

Did you upgrade your LEDs as they look much brighter than the stock ones?

Todd

Been waiting since the summer to finally get my HOA fully set up, with power cord from Ebay and everything!

View attachment 156281

Same here, I've been waiting for a long time to set my HOA up. I got a billy bookcase for Christmas and will be doing a 2 x 3 HOA setup. I am still setting up my room and the billy but i have the HOA walls all wired up and have 2 powers cords for the bases all ready to go.

HOAWired.jpg

Hokietwo,

Did you upgrade your LEDs as they look much brighter than the stock ones?

Todd

Hi sorry just saw this. I didn't do anything other than the wiring we all are putting together for the side walls. I will say my Mancave gets so dark you cannot see your hand at night, it was more the darkness helping the photo look brighter than anything I did to the HOA.

Same here, I've been waiting for a long time to set my HOA up. I got a billy bookcase for Christmas and will be doing a 2 x 3 HOA setup. I am still setting up my room and the billy but i have the HOA walls all wired up and have 2 powers cords for the bases all ready to go.

View attachment 156872
I look forward to seeing that, I have that bookcase and had considered doing similar.

Looks awesome! Your pics remind me that I really need to wire my side lights together.

Nice, what doors are they? What's the case to the right?

I have the billy in brown, may get some doors.

Nice, what doors are they? What's the case to the right?

I have the billy in brown, may get some doors.

They are the morliden doors: MORLIDEN Glass door - 15 3/4x38 1/4 " - IKEA

It is two Besta units. I was going to get another Besta to put next to it but I really wanted the HOA displayed

image1.jpg

Those look really sharp!

I finally got mine setup. For now I am using a Besta 50 inch cabinet on its side. I plan to order a custom glass door for the front. This setup should take 33 batteries. I am using 0 thanks to the feedback from this forum. I made a bunch of batteries out of wood dowels and connected them together with a series of 1 to 4 connectors with the 5.5 mm plug. I have them going to a remote controlled Belkin power strip, so I can turn them all on or off with a click of a switch. I didn't have room for 7, so this will have to do. Now I just need them to start making more Diecast suits. :)

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

Back