Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

for those that want dimensions for the Hall its 59" long and 15" deep.

now for pictures

DSCF6386_zps9248e818.jpg

DSCF6383_zpse294a1d8.jpg

DSCF6408_zps1119332d.jpg

That is mighty impressive!!! I wish I could afford this. Wonder if anyone bought more than 7 and plan to stack them into one big hall of armor when the IM3 stuff comes out.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

Question about the stickers, do they only show up when the blue light above them is on or does that just make them brighter? Like can you put them on and not see them without the light? Don't know if that question makes sense.

they are always visible. they are just white with no light on and don't show up as much as with the light on.

That is mighty impressive!!! I wish I could afford this. Wonder if anyone bought more than 7 and plan to stack them into one big hall of armor when the IM3 stuff comes out.

The wine cellar looks nothing like the Hall Of Armour. It's a cyllinder underground. I have pics of the concept art somewhere.

59" long, is that following the curve or going straight from one edge to the other?

This might help with dimensions

15dc686d-3d69-40f8-abda-4f2c5f00ca20_zps49cac3d9.jpg

Units are in inches

Last edited:

they are always visible. they are just white with no light on and don't show up as much as with the light on.

Thanks, would have been nice if they only showed up with the blue light on but o well.

Thanks.
I am now going to be able to get the garage floor cut out next time i am up at work.!
:yess:
Are you making the glossy black floor Tony has? I always wanted his garage layout with the HoA embedded into the wall. Was thinking of making a set up like that in the future in a custom shelf but I'm curious what type of garage floor you're making.

Are you making the glossy black floor Tony has? I always wanted his garage layout with the HoA embedded into the wall. Was thinking of making a set up like that in the future in a custom shelf but I'm curious what type of garage floor you're making.

I was planning on one entire half of the garage.
Big enough to fit the HOA, the IM3 Elevator and tools and tables. Plus the record player i already made.
For the floor, i just intended to send screen caps to my local signwriters and have them make is in glossy vinyl.
It's basically high gloss floor with a bright white dot at the edge of each panel. I'd guess full scale will be 40" between the lights. Call it 1000mm, for a 166mm width in 1/6th.
I am unsure if my local can print it wide enough to have it on one sheet but i shall ask them.
Might be easier to get a few lengths of black sheet and apply the dots for the lights myself.
Actually.......
Yep. Just checked. Doesn't have that floor in IM3!
It's just concrete in IM3...
That's simple enough then.

Got my set of 7 today--slapped them together and realized that I greatly underestimated how massive this set is. Ended up putting them on my dresser instead of on top of my detolfs. I need to get an adapter for the lights and start putting the figures I have in it but not today. Unpacking them all took more time than I thought it would. Also, I didn't realize this until after I put the boxes away but the clear pole stand is inside one of the corner padded pieces in the box. Check each one until you find it. Of course, I found where it was hiding in the last box I had to put away so now have to unpack all the boxes I to get them out.

Dumb question: how is everyone planning to display their Mark I in the HOA? Unlike the other suits, the MkI has a clearly visible head sculpt under the helmet (as well as partially visible forearms). What is the best way to conceal the head details so that it looks like an empty suit ? Maybe something as simple as a piece of dark cloth between the head and the inside of the helmet to cover the eyes?

Dumb question: how is everyone planning to display their Mark I in the HOA? Unlike the other suits, the MkI has a clearly visible head sculpt under the helmet (as well as partially visible forearms). What is the best way to conceal the head details so that it looks like an empty suit ? Maybe something as simple as a piece of dark cloth between the head and the inside of the helmet to cover the eyes?
That's your best bet.

Quite tempted to buy these now, but since I only have 3 of the suits not sure if buying the 7 HOA would be a waste considering I don't know if I will end up finding the other suits for a reasonable price.

Also if I did only purchase 4 it won't let me do a payment plan so I'm up for that plus the shipping to australia. I do have $130 worth of reward points which could take a dent out of the price for the 7

Decisions :gah:

Quite tempted to buy these now, but since I only have 3 of the suits not sure if buying the 7 HOA would be a waste considering I don't know if I will end up finding the other suits for a reasonable price.

Also if I did only purchase 4 it won't let me do a payment plan so I'm up for that plus the shipping to australia. I do have $130 worth of reward points which could take a dent out of the price for the 7

Decisions :gah:

I'd hunt the suits before committing to 7 of these shells myself.

You could grab the 7 and just stuff 4 other figures in there as place holders for now too :huh

I'd hunt the suits before committing to 7 of these shells myself.

You could grab the 7 and just stuff 4 other figures in there as place holders for now too :huh

The next dilemma is to find out where I would even display all 7, only recently started collecting hot toys. Enough reasons not to buy these but just can't bring myself to say no:lol

The next dilemma is to find out where I would even display all 7, only recently started collecting hot toys. Enough reasons not to buy these but just can't bring myself to say no:lol

Yeah, that's a problem for many people including myself - space :gah:

Back