Hot Toys Dog Alien yes or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how to put back the shine on body of the HT Dog Alien?
The color change of the arm from the hand is too noticeable.

i9xLdEtMt1pBT.jpg

Also, anyone know where to get replacement sockets for the shoulder and foot for HT Dog Alien and HT Warrior Alien?

ihWClf4eSfi2a.jpg

Agreed. This and the big chap, despite their inaccuracies, are the best HT aliens so far. Guess it all comes down to personal preference. To me the aliens and AVPR warriors look bad.

dont pay over 180 or else your getting ripped off ,if someone is asking over 200 they are pretty stupid just trying to make money it is cool just dont pay a high price good thing come to those who wait
8539234951_c4c0ae6b4d_b.jpg

Nice, it looks like it has lost its shine? but to me that pic makes it look more like the rod puppet used in the movie

Last edited:
Not bad at all. I got mine from Gohastings a few years back for like $75 on sale or something. Took it out and snapped the arm in half at the elbow when trying to put it on. Sucked :(

Unless someone else buys from the same place and has your luck I think I just saw your youtube review :rotfl

The best alien by far is the Big Chap from Alien. The second best alien though is the dog alien. I've had every alien that hot toys has put out.

The biggest issue I had with the dog alien was putting the leg that did't come already connected on. It was INSANELY difficult and I wound up breaking one of his elbow joints while getting that thing on. *tear drop*

Go with the big chap.

Well that is an old figure now. Most had serious rubber ad broken joint problems. I'm sure most of them that are around are a half way pile of broken goop by now.

Got one loose recently loose in great shape.
Surprised that its not shiny, its quite mat making it look dusty
Quite dull. Anyone tried to repaint or glossy coat?

Doubt i can find that in europe tho :(
any pics of the results?
Can't find any photos online but believe me, it looks so wet and realistic. I used it on my Dog alien when I still had him and I was shocked at how life-like it made him look.

That said, everyone should stay the **** away from HT alien figures. Mod Podge might make them look much better, but in the end they'll still rip and deteriorate.

Got one loose recently loose in great shape.
Surprised that its not shiny, its quite mat making it look dusty
Quite dull. Anyone tried to repaint or glossy coat?

You lose most of the shine on day one from the amount of manhandling required just to get the ****ing leg on. Thats how it happened with mine which Kiva bought off me.

Rubber body and crappy joints. That's already naf to avoid this figure.
It's not bad looking, it's just poorly executed as all HT Aliens.

Also, for me aliens collectibles can exist as statues only, coz any joints kills their natural nerco-eroticism, imho.

Thanks guys :)
Is that mod podge thing need regular application or is it just once and ur good?
I i've seen a great result with Tamiya clear gloss too.

Thanks for the warnings too, i'm mentally prepared now lol.
I've been looking for dog and big chap for a long time, could not pay the high prices with all the horror stories i've read.
I finally found them both at a great prices so i'm ok the risks ^^
Will pose and forget about them :)

Back