Hot Toys Dog Alien yes or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is still holding up well. Applied mod podge 5 or 4 years ago I think.

30019386880_fb428314fd_b.jpg

Nice! Are there any side effects to using Mod Podge on these figures? Like, can in restrain flexibility of the rubber, or flake or anything like that? And does the Mod Podge (Lord, I hate that name) fade or dull down with time or remain constant? Lastly, has your Dog deteriorated at all since you got him, anywhere?

Noticed no side effects, doesn't effect flexibility of the rubber, no dulling and lastly no deterioration on mine. I got it when it was first released by Hot Toys. :)

Thanks for the reply, mate That's great news. So no deterioration whatsoever? Do you have any recent pics of it?

How come you didn't treat its dull-itis btw?

It's still holding up.
I didn't treat mine for the simple fact that I never got around to it. I forget to pick up a sealant everytime. lol

It's still holding up.
I didn't treat mine for the simple fact that I never got around to it. I forget to pick up a sealant everytime. lol

With no deterioration whatsoever? How and in what conditions is it displayed?

Nope. None.
It has been in my detolf cabinet since day 1 when it first came out in Hong Kong. Temp between 95° and 35° (Florida weather) but no exposure to direct sunlight. I handle it roughly twice a month while dusting.

Nope. None.
It has been in my detolf cabinet since day 1 when it first came out in Hong Kong. Temp between 95° and 35° (Florida weather) but no exposure to direct sunlight. I handle it roughly twice a month while dusting.

Well... that's amazing.

How come some people have had problems with this thing? Seems like, if taken care of, no special products or actions are needed. I'm not sure whether treat mine upon arrival or take my chances.

The rubber does become dull and you have to be careful not stretching it too much. But it's a great looking figure though I wish the mouth could close. Though I personally love Alien 3 and the dog, if you only get a single xenomorph I would get the new Alien warrior. It doesn't have much articulation, but as you have to be careful with the dog you'll have the same problem there.
158121197e986df0d39cc554097e0839.jpg

The rubber does become dull and you have to be careful not stretching it too much. But it's a great looking figure though I wish the mouth could close. Though I personally love Alien 3 and the dog, if you only get a single xenomorph I would get the new Alien warrior. It doesn't have much articulation, but as you have to be careful with the dog you'll have the same problem there.
158121197e986df0d39cc554097e0839.jpg

I love that dome. Whith this being my favourite Alien, and my particularity with mintness etc, I bought two. Both MISB, but will open and display one. While the other one acts as sanity backup should the first one deteriorate or go rogue in any way. Allows me to be brave with rubber sealers, too, should I want to go there.

I got a Warrior 2.0 a month or so ago and am hoping to open it soon. Didn't know it suffered of any other issues than jaw-deterioratitis (when uncareful)?

It is my experience that these figures should be opened and posed once.
If left undisturbed, they seem to hold up. This rings true for all except the 1st Aliens Warrior. That piece of garbage falls apart like a sandcastle in a tsunami just by thinking of it.
I can feel mine degrading as I type this. :slap

Last edited:
Below is my Dog Alien. I have not applied "Mod Podge" so you can see its dull but I did purchase a stand to give is a dynamic pose. When the Warrior 2.0 figure was shipping I had thoughts of selling my Dog. Later I realized that the Dog is the best HT Alien and i'd be a idiot to sell it. In many ways it looks like a "maquette" more than a figure. Im very happy this this bad boy is in my collection......

I totally agree. There's something about it that makes the overall impression that of a screen used prop, or maquette-y. Despite its​ shortcomings. Can't wait to open mine.

Nice pose too. Looks terrific. Has yours deteriorated in any way outside of the rubber dulling?

Been debating a HT Xeno so from comments here he's the better of them all? Local shop has one and also has the brown AvP Xeno

The Avp Alien is also a good catch. Very durable and I believe it comes with a posable facehugger.

Hello
Sorry for bad english but i hope you guys understand me :)
I found a product that sounds very well for holding the shine on rubber/latex on the Dog Alien.
Lock at this :
https://www.modulor.de/hilfsmittel-chemie/fluessiggummi-gummispray/
I know this side is in german but i can try to translate for you.
In short - this product is liquid rubber . you can spray it . you can paint it. It is abrasion resistant and you can take it over many materials.
This product is perfect for models . After the coat with this liquid rubber is dry, it is saltwaterresistant and also resistant of the most acids and leach.
This product stay elastic .On extreme temperatures it stays elastic. It is food safe.

What you Guys think about it ?
Have everybody try a product like this on the Dog Alien or Rubberfigures from HT?

Is there a smaller chance of fading the rubber's color or shine if you use silicone gloves, or something similar?

Or, maybe cover the leg and body in kitchen plasticwrap before you take on the durability test that is attaching this guy's leg?

Anyone tried this? Theoretical win, or fail waiting to happen?

Thoughts?

It is one the best Alien figures Hot Toys has done.

100_5780.jpg

Woa the paint job looks really good here. Another couple of pics posted it's all muted and like he's been rolling around in cocoa powder. Surely the paint couldn't have deteriorated that much?!

Back