Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Yep, absolute bs. No-one was fatigued after TFA and Rogue One. The fact is they released a film in TLJ that was extremely divisive and regardless of whether you like it or not, was a mess. They then followed it up with a film they didn’t even bother promoting until a month or so before release. A film that seemed unnecessary and only there to cash in on one of the greatest characters in film history. It was a decent film, but not really needed. Lazy planning, poor filmmaking and lack of inspiration have arrogantly been pinned on fans by blaming “Star Wars fatigue”. As long as the quality is there then there’s always a desire for it. How could a fan of anything get bored or fatigued by seeing more of it? Haha

:goodpost:

Exactly. I hate to always bring up Marvel as a comparison, but it's hard not to sometimes. They do 2-3 movies per year and there is no fatigue there.

But it's amazing how much the execs put their heads in the sand and do not take responsibility to make the required changes. I guess they are slowly getting there with Faverau and Filoni, but it's not enough.

To this day it still utterly astounds me that they had no trilogy plan for arguably the biggest franchise in movie history (well until Marvel overtook them within the same damn company !). Bewildering, and not to mention extremely annoying and frustrating ! Give me a go !

:goodpost:

Exactly. I hate to always bring up Marvel as a comparison, but it's hard not to sometimes. They do 2-3 movies per year and there is no fatigue there.

But it's amazing how much the execs put their heads in the sand and do not take responsibility to make the required changes. I guess they are slowly getting there with Faverau and Filoni, but it's not enough.

To this day it still utterly astounds me that they had no trilogy plan for arguably the biggest franchise in movie history (well until Marvel overtook them within the same damn company !). Bewildering, and not to mention extremely annoying and frustrating ! Give me a go !

Hopefully it all changes when KK goes. I heard on Collider that her contract expires before the planned release of the next movie. I think you mentioned before about giving someone like Favreau the job. Hell I’d even be up for George taking over the reigns again.

Hopefully it all changes when KK goes. I heard on Collider that her contract expires before the planned release of the next movie. I think you mentioned before about giving someone like Favreau the job. Hell I’d even be up for George taking over the reigns again.

Yeah they did mention that, and perhaps that is the plan. Give KK the chance to step down by herself at contracts end. Saves everyones face that way, and we all live happily ever after....

Yeah I'd give it to Favreau in a heartbeat. He has the real love of Star Wars, he's a writer, creator, director, has been part of the Marvel formula from the start, knows everyone in the industry. Hell, name one point against him ??

Yeah Star Wars fatigue is BS.
It’s amazing how intellectually dishonest Lucasfilm leadership is being- releasing a divisive movie and then poorly marketing Solo; which was a good movie, but then blaming the lack or decreased success “Star Wars fatigue.” How about they have a cogent plan, and use their damn brains on what the fans want. I’m glad The Mandalorian is coming because that should be awesome. But I don’t think this 3 year movie hiatus is going to do them any favors; they don’t need to slow down the releases, they just need better stories and plans. Unless the Star Wars “fatigue” is the execs being tired of trying to come up with good stories.

Just to bring things back to this show, can you believe the one-shot Boba Fett comic dropped today and the synopsis from the writer is LITERALLY, the same thing Favreau and company said this show will be about?

I've made peace that this show is not about Boba but I can't lie and say decisions like that just baffle the hell out of me:lol

Just to bring things back to this show, can you believe the one-shot Boba Fett comic dropped today and the synopsis from the writer is LITERALLY, the same thing Favreau and company said this show will be about?

I've made peace that this show is not about Boba but I can't lie and say decisions like that just baffle the hell out of me:lol

Me: wow a new Boba fett comic... I should check that out!
timthumb.jpeg

Oh....its a robot camel....I see.....:slap :lol

Yep, absolute bs. No-one was fatigued after TFA and Rogue One. The fact is they released a film in TLJ that was extremely divisive and regardless of whether you like it or not, was a mess. They then followed it up with a film they didn’t even bother promoting until a month or so before release. A film that seemed unnecessary and only there to cash in on one of the greatest characters in film history. It was a decent film, but not really needed. Lazy planning, poor filmmaking and lack of inspiration have arrogantly been pinned on fans by blaming “Star Wars fatigue”. As long as the quality is there then there’s always a desire for it. How could a fan of anything get bored or fatigued by seeing more of it? Haha

Eh, I put all the blame on Solo myself, since despite being divisive TLJ still made a boatload of money. I never sensed much excitement for Solo at all though, and it was clear from the first trailer that something about it wasn't working and the magic wasn't there. And whether they released it 6 months after TLJ or 2 years later, it still would have only done so-so business.

In any case, putting it all on Kennedy seems a bit silly since she was just as responsible for the success of TFA, R1 (which required a whole lot of saving), and letting Favreau do his thing on Mandalorian. Not to mention somehow getting the GOT showrunners to make a new SW trilogy. So I'm still willing to cut her some slack myself.

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Eh, I put all the blame on Solo myself, since despite being divisive TLJ still made a boatload of money. I never sensed much excitement for Solo at all though, and it was clear from the first trailer that something about it wasn't working and the magic wasn't there. And whether they released it 6 months after TLJ or 2 years later, it still would have only done so-so business.

In any case, putting it all on Kennedy seems a bit silly since she was just as responsible for the success of TFA, R1 (which required a whole lot of saving), and letting Favreau do his thing on Mandalorian. Not to mention somehow getting the GOT showrunners to make a new SW trilogy. So I'm still willing to cut her some slack myself.

I don't know about that. When I look at what's happened I see it like this.

Ep7 everyone was super excited for a new SW movie = everyone goes = heaps of money.
Rogue One = a grown up gritty movie more aimed at the older fans = fans still on a high and excited plus a great movie = Decent money.
Ep8 devisive, but everyone was still on a high from previous 2 and were still going to see Ep8 to see it for themselves. = still big money made
Next movie post TLJ, Solo (because of the backlash and fans making their decision on TLJ good or bad) = less money. Sure there are all the other factors with Solo too, timing, marketing etc. But after & because of TLJ I think a lot of fans were turned off Star Wars. I certainly was.

So to be honest having success on the first one is pretty much a no brainer. People would have turned up to see the main characters drink a glass of water.

Rogue One was lucky that it turned out that good. Only that dude they got in at the last minute saved them.

As far as The Mandalorian, I think she's learnt her lesson and is letting the pro's like Faverau & Filoni do their thing. Sure she may have decided to put him in there, but maybe it was others like Iger who decided to get people from the "#1-team" = Marvel team involved. (Faverau, Waititi etc)

So considering the money these people earn, and the experience they have, I am totally amazed how she could go into this without a plan.

Perhaps it was all Georges fault for nominating her to the position ??

But this is just my opinion on her professionally. I am not against women in these positions. It's great for women to be in these positions, however I would have exactly the same opinion if it was a guy or wookie in that same job.

Kennedy is doing a good job in my opinion. Solo just didn’t have enough going for it to be a success and Disney need to be careful not to release too much SW - not like Marvel that has a very brought spectrum of heroes to focus on. Not enough people were interested in seeing some random Solo adventure.
Episode IX will be a success I’m sure.

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

giphy.gif

Most interesting stuff is divisive. So there’s the question if we want something that’s not divisive at all - like most Marvel movies that are just pleasing the fans in every way and therefor extremely forgettable - or movies that dare confront people’s expectations. I very much prefer the last and I hope Lucasfilm will keep being somewhat brave even if it means a reduced sale of merchandise and that some fans won’t be satisfied. SW shouldn’t be forgettable, every movie should matter and create its own (divisive) space - — Solo is entertaining, but didn’t bet anything and was quite forgettable, so maybe that’s also why it didn’t do very well.

I’m not fatigued. I’m still trying to keep up.

Just saw a shot of Boba Fett 3.0 and I like. Losing the scope and shining the helmet up looks very nice.

I'm in for a Mandalorian figure (provided the show doesn't suck...) I think its an awesome design

Most interesting stuff is divisive. So there’s the question if we want something that’s not divisive at all - like most Marvel movies that are just pleasing the fans in every way and therefor extremely forgettable - or movies that dare confront people’s expectations. I very much prefer the last and I hope Lucasfilm will keep being somewhat brave even if it means a reduced sale of merchandise and that some fans won’t be satisfied. SW shouldn’t be forgettable, every movie should matter and create its own (divisive) space - — Solo is entertaining, but didn’t bet anything and was quite forgettable, so maybe that’s also why it didn’t do very well.

TLJ was indeed very

Intredasting.jpg

Something similar to the ESB Boba Fett deluxe is the way to go here. Interchangeable armour pieces (for when he upgrades). With an added Pedro Pascal head sculpt this could be quite an expensive figure. May need two of these for each display option. Has anyone noticed that he has a Shoretrooper Squad Leader shoulder armour piece?

Has anyone noticed that he has a Shoretrooper Squad Leader shoulder armour piece?

Damn, good eye.

I agree with the added armor upgrade would be a great addition, but kinda hope he keeps the helmet on. Maybe some added storyline mystery to an unveiling in season 2? Plus I’d probably never use the sculpt... unless he’s all scarred up. I picture a clean handsome Chilean actor’s sculpt on a roughed up warrior doesn't seem right to me. Also I’m more about the helmets and armored figures than the human sculpts. I hope they release his buddy, RA-7 looking hunter droid too. Really looking forward to this show!

His left knee armor is similar to Fett/Mando’s too and Enfy’s Nest has the right side.

Well, at least it gives Hot Toys a chance to re-use parts haha. Finally some use for that Squad Leader prototype.

Back