Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Well May 4th and as expected nothing from Hot Toys Star Wars related.

At least Jon Faverau plays ball.

Top line says WANTED. But the bottom line is not aurebesh ?? I guess it would say The Mandalorian going by the letter count.

dc86a1b6e01aae32deb98e528dd64a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hype level for this show, for me, is through the roof. Need a mandalorian figure now! At this rate I might even go to force Friday and wade through all the kylo ren figures to buy some Mandalorian ones:lol

The hype level for this show, for me, is through the roof. Need a mandalorian figure now! At this rate I might even go to force Friday and wade through all the kylo ren figures to buy some Mandalorian ones:lol

I am insanely excited for this show. I’ll probably buy any and all HT figures they produce, I know the Mando himself is a day 1 preorder for me already lol

We already have 2 seasons confirmed right? There’s no reason why, if popular, this couldn’t carry on for several seasons. It might even get to the point where it begins to set up some of the stuff in the sequels, just like The Clone Wars made Attack of the Clones better.

I am insanely excited for this show. I’ll probably buy any and all HT figures they produce, I know the Mando himself is a day 1 preorder for me already lol

Yep me too. Just hope he has some worthy sidekick or cool characters Hot Toys can make a figure of. Personally I hope he comes across Tusken Raiders on Banthas and Hot Toys makes a Tusken. That's one of the main OT aliens I really want !

Well May 4th and as expected nothing from Hot Toys Star Wars related.

At least Jon Faverau plays ball.

Top line says WANTED. But the bottom line is not aurebesh ?? I guess it would say The Mandalorian going by the letter count.

dc86a1b6e01aae32deb98e528dd64a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's indeed "The Mandalorian" written in Mando'a ;)

Favreau just gets Star Wars and Star Wars fans. I know we hear every time a new movie is released about how each director was raised on Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back was the first thing they saw when exiting the womb. This is the first one I actually believe.

Favreau just gets Star Wars and Star Wars fans. I know we hear every time a new movie is released about how each director was raised on Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back was the first thing they saw when exiting the womb. This is the first one I actually believe.

Yeah totally. That gets so old, it's almost like they have it written into their contract to come up with a story of how Star Wars changed their life from when they were 3 years old.

But yes Favreau is the real deal. Considering he wrote one episode on Xmas day ! Even Dave Filoni was taking a break on that day :lol

Seems he has had this idea for a while too. It all should hopefully play out on screen as a decent story.

It's rare that I've wanted the summer to be over before it starts !

Yeah totally. That gets so old, it's almost like they have it written into their contract to come up with a story of how Star Wars changed their life from when they were 3 years old.

But yes Favreau is the real deal. Considering he wrote one episode on Xmas day ! Even Dave Filoni was taking a break on that day :lol

Seems he has had this idea for a while too. It all should hopefully play out on screen as a decent story.

It's rare that I've wanted the summer to be over before it starts !

I hear you, I haven’t been this excited for Star Wars since Rogue One. It seems to have leaked Favreau will also be the show runner for the 2nd season. Then again that was kind of a given.

Regardless of how people feel the sequels have been handled, there’s some amazing potential for announced future projects. The Cassian series, the Benioff and Weiss Old Republic films and possibly an Obi-Wan series. Add this to more seasons of The Mandalorian and the next 5 years are so are looking very bright. It seems Disney have learnt their lesson a bit, and are getting things on track. Now all they need to do is stuff Rian Johnson’s project and all will be well again.

I hear you, I haven’t been this excited for Star Wars since Rogue One. It seems to have leaked Favreau will also be the show runner for the 2nd season. Then again that was kind of a given.

Regardless of how people feel the sequels have been handled, there’s some amazing potential for announced future projects. The Cassian series, the Benioff and Weiss Old Republic films and possibly an Obi-Wan series. Add this to more seasons of The Mandalorian and the next 5 years are so are looking very bright. It seems Disney have learnt their lesson a bit, and are getting things on track. Now all they need to do is stuff Rian Johnson’s project and all will be well again.

Man, 100% !

Only addition, let's hope Favreau takes Kennedy's job in a year or two......and Filoni takes over from Favreau.

So, no new SW movies until 2022. Time for HTs to dive deep into this series and finish off releasing the un-released figs from the previous movies.

So, no new SW movies until 2022. Time for HTs to dive deep into this series and finish off releasing the un-released figs from the previous movies.

For sure, it’s a great thing from a collector’s point of view. It also means we’ll probably get more figures from the tv shows than we think.

For sure, it’s a great thing from a collector’s point of view. It also means we’ll probably get more figures from the tv shows than we think.

Yeah, I totally didn't think of it in that way. To be honest I was a bit bummed that they were taking 3 years hiatus, then every 2. But you're both right, potentially means more figures from TV shows, and PT/OT........or less Star Wars figures in general. And they'll focus more on Marvel and whatever else is hot. Avatar etc ????

Down side to that is I will be pretty old by the time they finish the next two trilogies. I mean they don't even have info on the other 3 movies.

Yeah, I totally didn't think of it in that way. To be honest I was a bit bummed that they were taking 3 years hiatus, then every 2. But you're both right, potentially means more figures from TV shows, and PT/OT........or less Star Wars figures in general. And they'll focus more on Marvel and whatever else is hot. Avatar etc ????

I wouldn't take it as gospel that we'll only get 3 Star Wars movies in the next 8 years or so. They'll probably wait and see the reaction to Episode IX. If it's successful then they'll no doubts want to add more movies in. I mean it's only a year since they were looking at making 2 SW movies a year for eternity. This kind of sums up the lack of leadership and forward thinking where SW is concerned. They really need an overall creative mastermind at the helm, as KK clearly doesn't understand SW. Also, if The Mandalorian is successful (and there's no reason to think it won't be) then how long will it be before they start making the Star Wars Story movies straight for Disney+? I could see a situation where we get at least 1 a year in that form.

I wouldn't take it as gospel that we'll only get 3 Star Wars movies in the next 8 years or so. They'll probably wait and see the reaction to Episode IX. If it's successful then they'll no doubts want to add more movies in. I mean it's only a year since they were looking at making 2 SW movies a year for eternity. This kind of sums up the lack of leadership and forward thinking where SW is concerned. They really need an overall creative mastermind at the helm, as KK clearly doesn't understand SW. Also, if The Mandalorian is successful (and there's no reason to think it won't be) then how long will it be before they start making the Star Wars Story movies straight for Disney+? I could see a situation where we get at least 1 a year in that form.

Yeah, you're probably right. And if it's one thing Disney likes it's money, so the chances of more content is probably higher.

To be honest I've been way more excited by the TV shows from the announcement of the details of the Mandalorian, and Cassian. So this relatively long gap between movies shouldn't really bother me much. But going to the movies is still a pretty cool thing.

I could totally see that an Obi-Wan movie was planned next, but that got cancelled/moved to TV (if that format proves popular). Therefore they have a gap in their movie plans, at least until when the next one starts.

With a bit of luck they'll get to 2 TV series a year. Mandalorian and Cassian in opposing years, and then maybe introduce Obi-Wan or something else in addition later on.

All that said, if they do go to more TV content, then need someone at the helm who loves and understands Star Wars more than KK. Marvel did what it did predominantly due to Feige and his vision for big picture, and his love and devotion to comic book heroes. Without that, there is too much risk for failure.

That just shows how much shame should be on the Star Wars Execs at Disney to be so reactionary instead of having a solid plan. It really is so disappointing for a fan who just wants awesome Star Wars content and to know that this franchise literally prints money but yet, they blame everything going wrong on "Star Wars fatigue".

Star Wars fatigue is the biggest BS I've heard. As long as Hot Toys releases the previous prototypes of Imperials that they skipped, I'll be happy.

Star Wars fatigue is the biggest BS I've heard. As long as Hot Toys releases the previous prototypes of Imperials that they skipped, I'll be happy.

Who'd of thunk that in 2019, we wouldn't have at least one of every Imperial Trooper variant, let alone a PO? I still want my Shoretrooper Squad Leader, Hovertank Driver, and Range and Mimban Troopers.

And they better not skip the Knights of Ren from Ep. IX:lol

Yep, absolute bs. No-one was fatigued after TFA and Rogue One. The fact is they released a film in TLJ that was extremely divisive and regardless of whether you like it or not, was a mess. They then followed it up with a film they didn’t even bother promoting until a month or so before release. A film that seemed unnecessary and only there to cash in on one of the greatest characters in film history. It was a decent film, but not really needed. Lazy planning, poor filmmaking and lack of inspiration have arrogantly been pinned on fans by blaming “Star Wars fatigue”. As long as the quality is there then there’s always a desire for it. How could a fan of anything get bored or fatigued by seeing more of it? Haha

Back