Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

... kinda hope he keeps the helmet on. Maybe some added storyline mystery to an unveiling in season 2? ...
I'm a bit torn on weather he should keep the helmet on or not.

In the little footage we've seen so far (other than behind the scenes dressing) he is wearing it in every scene.
So we can assume he does wear it allot (which is fine by me).

On the one hand seeing Fett's human face (even indirectly by way of Jango) took away allot of that mystique.
Although if they were going to put a face to him, Temuera Morrison was a great choice.

On the other, character like Weaving's V, Urban's Dredd (not so much), impressively carried a film on the strength of their voice/presence and emoting through a mask, to great effect.
I imagine they will want to establish a sort of cold, mysterious, impersonal, faceless hunter first. And have that carry much of the intro and setup of the character.
It really is the essence of the character's mystique, what made Fett appealing to begin with.
So does revealing the human face rob the character of that?

On the other, this isn't just one movie, but ongoing series, can a character solely emoting through a mask carry it for that long?

Do we need the inevitable helmet removal and reveal to humanize him? Maybe save it for further down the line, when you are convinced there may be little to no humanity to the character, then you are finally later faced with the person inside, the impact is more powerful.

Plus Pedro Pascal is a terrific actor, has a great look and presence, it would be a shame to waste that.

For interviews, they've invoked Clint Eastwood, obvious reference to the Dollars (Man with No Name) Trilogy, and of course by extension Toshiro Mifune's Yojimbo which came first.
Both these templates, for the character type, very much exploited the great actors faces and physical presence.
Although physically for me Pascal reads more like the Latino Charles Bronson. :)

Pedro+Pascal_Shot_01__9068--+%28dani+brubaker%27s+conflicted+copy+2016-08-25%29.jpg

In the end I am hoping for an inevitable helmet removal.

As far as the figure, ideally they would follow the show, if he never removes it, I don't need Side Show to create a Pascal specific sculpt.
If he does however, the ideal version would be a removable helmet. If not that, at least swap-able heads.

I highly doubt anyone would produce a whole series where you never see the face, or any face expressions, from the main character.

No sign of Jango Fett, now this :impatient:

OK I'm dreaming here, but imagine if Pao and Bistan were in the Cassian Series for a couple of episodes.

The costumes and expensive animatronics exist already, and it would be a cool tie-in to Rogue One.

1/6 versions of these guys would be epic !

Screenshot 2019-05-17 at 18.30.05.jpg

Very cool designs, but Hot Toys are not very alien friendly it seems. Would love to see HT take a stab at Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Greedo, Bossk, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard etc. I sometimes wish HT had a major competitor, with the same quality standard as HT, focusing on alien figures (and I don't mean Sideshow!).

Very cool designs, but Hot Toys are not very alien friendly it seems. Would love to see HT take a stab at Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Greedo, Bossk, Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard etc. I sometimes wish HT had a major competitor, with the same quality standard as HT, focusing on alien figures (and I don't mean Sideshow!).

Yes it might push them a bit more, or at least give us some more options. However I guess whoever would potentially do them it's always a question of how many would sell.

Just so damn cool though.

OK I'm dreaming here, but imagine if Pao and Bistan were in the Cassian Series for a couple of episodes.

The costumes and expensive animatronics exist already, and it would be a cool tie-in to Rogue One.

View attachment 454118

Just give us quality fully articulated 3 3/4 figures like "golden age of Hasbro" first.

Yeah it's a shame. Judging by the detail on something like the new Hellboy, their SW aliens would look freakin amazing.

Surprising considering its no way as hard nailing the likeness of the aliens compared to a human actor that peope will nit pick about.

Surprising considering its no way as hard nailing the likeness of the aliens compared to a human actor that peope will nit pick about.

Yes, you're totally right. I mean Yoda or Groot or Rocket are as close as we get I guess. But I guess that's what Hot Toys prides themselves on, the human headsculpt.

The well known aliens will surely come at some point.:pray: Maybe in this movie gap period or I'm sure there will be aliens in the Mandalorian or Cassian series.

I just want a good Tusken Raider above all, and a few others.

View attachment 454118

I love Platoon Leader Pao! :D I'd rather have Moroff as an action figure than Bistan though.

Well May 4th and as expected nothing from Hot Toys Star Wars related.

At least Jon Faverau plays ball.

Top line says WANTED. But the bottom line is not aurebesh ?? I guess it would say The Mandalorian going by the letter count.

dc86a1b6e01aae32deb98e528dd64a14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mandalorian is going to be the best thing since Rogue One. Mark my words!

I didn’t see any Tusken Raiders but there was a concept art where the Razorcrest is parked next to a Sandcrawler so it’s possible we may see some of them. There’s definitely Jawas though, I assume he makes his way to Tatooine. I’d love to see a new Hutt too.

The Mos Eisley Spaceport Cantina is seen in the teaser trailer to The Mandalorian.

Agreed, John Favreau and Dave Filoni will make "Star Wars great again" with the Mandalorian.

Until we get C-3PO, Lando EP5 and Scout Trooper I don't want anymore Star Wars Hot Toys

Back