Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Agreed, would much rather have the Incinerator Trooper. The bits that look nice about that Flametrooper are the bits similar/the same as the ESB Snowtrooper.

When is this game set? I was under the impression it was post Revenge of the Sith/pre A New Hope? Correct me if I'm wrong. Then why is the faceplate similar to a First Order Stormtrooper? That just makes no sense.

Yes I was going to say the same. Just looking at my Snowtrooper here almost everything is exactly the same.

Your're right, as far as I understand it is in the period of hunting down Jedi after Order 66. So I guess it was left to Sequel designers who are probably so fixed in their design space that nothing other than First Order styles come out ??

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Looks very much like the Mcquarrie snowtrooper concept . They're raiding those as much as poss i think and with good reason :)
cf9ea2066d7070a6af78905bef1b8af2.jpg
6439271498c06db0c6f2d8d1827b1d87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes I was going to say the same. Just looking at my Snowtrooper here almost everything is exactly the same.

Your're right, as far as I understand it is in the period of hunting down Jedi after Order 66. So I guess it was left to Sequel designers who are probably so fixed in their design space that nothing other than First Order styles come out ??

Wow, I didn't know that's what the game was about. I think I stated previously that my dream series would involve Vader hunting down Order 66 survivors. That has definitely peaked my interest in the game.

Looks very much like the Mcquarrie snowtrooper concept . They're raiding those as much as poss i think and with good reason :)

Very, very nice find. So, that means the FO Stormtroopers are inspired by Mcquarrie designs. That's blown my mind a little.

On a separate note, am I the only person that looks at that Flametrooper and sees Jabba's face? Maybe it's just very late (or early) and my eyes are playing tricks on me :lol

Not sure about the FO stormtroopers ..i wouldn't of thought so as have'nt seen anything similar to them in Mcquarties work .
However..there are a lot of his designs scattered throughout both animated series and sequels :)

No worries, hopefully there'll be a Cassian soon to go with him. I'm currently recommending the Sith Trooper :lol

A Hot Toys Cassian Andor would absolutely a no-brainer for me.

But I wouldnt touch those Sequel figures even I were given for free.

A Hot Toys Cassian Andor would absolutely a no-brainer for me.

But I wouldnt touch those Sequel figures even I were given for free.
Same here. With the series coming, Cassian has gotta be a HT figure surely?
The sequel figures can stay in the shop..no chance of thise adorning my displays..tho i do have the first Rey.

I would never allow those Sequel abominations come near my personal SW collection. Im entirely revolted with the idea of their mere presence , which could pontentially contaminate the awesomeness of Lucas's legacy :) (RO is the rare exception, because Gareth Edward has tremendous admiration and respect for George himself).

I would never allow those Sequel abominations come near my personal SW collection. Im entirely revolted with the idea of their mere presence , which could pontentially contaminate the awesomeness of Lucas's legacy :) (RO is the rare exception, because Gareth Edward has tremendous admiration and respect for George himself).

Yes, nothing should ever be allowed to contaminate the precious and flawless legacy of The Phantom Menace!

Wow, I didn't know that's what the game was about. I think I stated previously that my dream series would involve Vader hunting down Order 66 survivors. That has definitely peaked my interest in the game.

Yep that's the whole premise. Although it's not Vader the while time (at all ??) But the inquisitor sister and others.

Have a look at the trailers. He's a force user in hiding until he is "forced" to show who he really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue One just gets better with each passing year.

Yep, it has so much re-watch value.

Out of interest where do people rank it in their top 10 SW films?

For me, it's at number 4, just below Episodes V, IV and III.

For me #1 . Love the OT obviously but have had plenty of years watching those. Solo and R1 are my go to films now...along with a lot of the new books /comics ..love how they are now tying everything together and the extra info available in other formats.
Would recommend the R1 novelization and Rebel Rising to R1 fans ..plus the Solo novel which has a nice little ending i wish they'd have filmed and included .

For me #1 . Love the OT obviously but have had plenty of years watching those. Solo and R1 are my go to films now...along with a lot of the new books /comics ..love how they are now tying everything together and the extra info available in other formats.
Would recommend the R1 novelization and Rebel Rising to R1 fans ..plus the Solo novel which has a nice little ending i wish they'd have filmed and included .

Is the Rogue One novel Catalyst? That's been on my to do list for a while. Heard a few people say it enhances the experience of watching Rogue One, particularly the characters of Krennic and Galen Erso.

No ..but sorry..should've mentioned Catalyst too, great prequel and insight into R1 and yes..Galen/Lyra and Krennics relationship. :) The R1 novel also has extra stuff in there not in the film which is cool.

Last edited:

Is the Rogue One novel Catalyst? That's been on my to do list for a while. Heard a few people say it enhances the experience of watching Rogue One, particularly the characters of Krennic and Galen Erso.

Rogue One is my #1 as well. Have said that for a long time. Best Star Wars film out there at this point for me as an adult. Originals are good and all, but watching them now as an adult just doesn't bring it like as a kid.

I'd definitely read Catalyst. In fact I would Audible it. So much better with music, sound effects etc. and the narrator is excellent. If you create an Audible account as a first timer you get a credit for free. Purchase Catalyst and you've got it for nothing. Can't go wrong.

My list:

ESB
ROTS
RO
ANH
ROTJ
Solo
TPM
AOTC
TFA
TLJ

The Last Jedi is my #1 as well. Have said that for a long time. Best Star Wars film out there at this point for me as an adult. Originals are good and all, but watching them now as an adult just doesn't bring it like as a kid.

I'd definitely read Catalyst. In fact I would Audible it. So much better with music, sound effects etc. and the narrator is excellent. If you create an Audible account as a first timer you get a credit for free. Purchase Catalyst and you've got it for nothing. Can't go wrong.

That's a very interesting choice as your number 1 :horror

Good tip on the Audible account. Started listening to Plagueis that way a few months ago and for some reason never got back to it.

My list:

ESB
ROTS
RO
ANH
ROTJ
Solo
TPM
AOTC
TFA
TLJ

Okay if we're going top 10s

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. A New Hope
4. Rogue One
5. Return of the Jedi
6. The Phantom Menace (I know, I know, but I love it)
7. Attack of the Clones
8. Solo
9. The Force Awakens
11. The Last Jedi

That's a very interesting choice as your number 1 :horror

Well you know, the interesting, informative and incredibly mature debates I have seen online really changed my opinion on TLJ. I don't take these things lightly, it deserves the #1 spot.

That said, my moods do fluctuate (I have medication for that) so who knows maybe tomorrow Rogue One will be my number one again.....

:thwak:rotfl

Back