Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naughty Guy is a toy shop in Hong Kong. I guess they wanted to get credit to spill the beans.

Regarding this Die Cast line, if they are pricing it at Bandia C3PO type pricing = close to $400, I am out. It is already too much to spend on toys now every figure is over $200 easily, doubling the price basically force me out of this hobby. I have to be realistic on how much I spend on these figures.... so far, I have not pre-ordered any Iron Man 3 Hot Toys, as I am totally waiting out on what exactly they are producing. I cannot see HT actually doing 3 versions (PPS, MMS, DieCast) of an Iron Patriot.... and an addicted completest like me, I kinda wanna keep getting all the Iron Mans or not getting any... haha.

I am so glad I am not a huge ironman fan. I have 1 and that is enough, but for you guys that are this news would piss me off especially if I bought all of the plastic ones. Jesus Christ they really want u fans to support their business with these double and now triple dips of the same figure

Die cast will not replace MMS its in addition to it. Diecast has its pros and cons but I don't think anybody would rather have a Diecast figure over a plastic MMS and I think Hot Toys understands its market and will follow a similar model to what they are doing with the 1/4 figures and offer these 1/6 Diecast figures as a compliment to the regular MMS line.

I more concerned that the any later rereleases will need be all in Diecast after they have already milked the original run of figure they will attempt to rerelease the figure in Diecast considering people are already will to be pay steep prices on Ebay for them.

I think the model they are following is that of Bandai with their Gundam line take Gundam Unicorn for example they offer that particular gundam in many model grades High Grade , Master Grade , Robot Sprits and Gundam Fix Figuration. Same design featured in different sizes and materials to appeal to different buyers.

Their Chogokin is markets exclusively as a product having diecast so here the figures from older Anime is sold as having a certain amount of Diecast.

But the main stay of Bandai is and always will be plastic the same will apply to Hot Toys if the offer Iron Patriot, which In my opinion is the least popular of the 3 main armors, in Plastic it might see as well as it they make it in Die cast.

Last edited:
Who's to day that the due cast and PPS figures aren't the same toy? Both are 1/6 size and made of metal aren't they?

Who's to day that the due cast and PPS figures aren't the same toy? Both are 1/6 size and made of metal aren't they?
PPS: Can't move any of its joints. Can only swap out a part of the body to create another pose

Here you have the Iron Patriot in a pose that isn't possible with a MMS. Look at the knee joint alone. You won't be able to get that with a metal figure, same goes for the Mark 42 figure with its one leg up.

price of the PPS 42 suggests otherwise :p
but happy to be proven wrong lol

No you make a good point. Wishful thinking that they weren't wasting to much time and we had a better chance of just mms in plastic so our collection were similar. It's my OCD. I couldn't add a metal toy to my plastic ones :(

Diecast Iron Patriot photos just posted on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151329018517344.1073741830.58690437343&type=1

599618_10151329018667344_838181625_n.jpg

27157_10151329018792344_1147413963_n.jpg

601122_10151329018772344_806798277_n.jpg

I love how in the shot of it aiming its repulsor the wrist angle is EVEN WORSE than the plastic wrist angle lol. And with no accessories except for the base, not worth anywhere near $300.

So I heard that diecast collectibles like this will have paint chip issues? Is that true?

Back