Hot Toys Die-Cast Iron Man Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If their Captain America shields are any indication, theres a good chance.

but cap's shield is not made of metal (unlike Thor's hammer). it was electroplated to create the metallic effect, and if i'm not mistaken many are saying it's the electroplating itself that cause the paint to chip off.

Playimaginative
5321_10152668132555648_1319919236_n.jpg

Looks like 42 is diecast too. I don't foresee HT doing plastic versions any time soon after seeing these. :( Thus ends my completest Marvel mentality.

mark42_zps8265a03e.jpg

Sallah

The plastic offered so many accessory in terms of battle damage and what not are they even going to offer the same in Diecast.

And how much diecast content is their any way. I mean its going to be a ***** to pose as weight issues will be alone enough to make the arms not stay up it might even wear out the joints. Certain parts can be die cast the chest, helmet, waist, but any die cast in the limbs and you can forget about a flying pose guess that's why they made the Power Pose series.

Last edited:
Those 1/4 die casts are going to be mighty tempting, but if I'm going to make the leap to 1/4 for my IM collection, the only ones I'd really need are the Mark III and Mark I. Could be tempted by the 'all silver' finish of the Mark II. Definitely don't need EVERY armor. That's tough enough to do in 1/6. :monkey1

Looks like 42 is diecast too. I don't foresee HT doing plastic versions any time soon after seeing these. :( Thus ends my completest Marvel mentality.

mark42_zps8265a03e.jpg

Sallah

And I was just getting used to $225 IM figures. I like the diecast, but I can't see forking over $300.00 bucks. :(

Yeah, I'm not getting into the diecast stuff to be honest. If that's the case I'll get the statues they're doing since they're about the price of 1:6th figures. I'm pretty close to being done with 1:6th figures as a whole I think.

Yeah, I'm not getting into the diecast stuff to be honest. If that's the case I'll get the statues they're doing since they're about the price of 1:6th figures. I'm pretty close to being done with 1:6th figures as a whole I think.

I basically had a complete Marvel set going into these (just missing Abigail Whistler). Now knowing that I won't have anything IM 3 for the foreseeable future (outside of Tony Stark) is making me look long and hard at what I am buying. Some things I was on the fence about but would have probably bought just to stay "complete". But if I won't have an IM3 Patriot in my "set"... do I really need stuff like ASM Spidey or Last Stand Wolvie? I don't think I do, not when I wasn't that impressed with either one and have perfectly fine versions of the characters already.

Maybe this is some quick money for HT- Forcing folks into buying more expensive diecast versions just to have these in their collections... but it may end up biting them in the long run.

Sallah

I can't even begin to imagine what the Whiplash Armor version will retail for.

However, the benefits of being selective and the SS flex pay option means that I'll probably be able to stomach getting the figure.

Not so much on the Mark 42 or Iron Patriot though. Very satisfied with the other IM versions already owned.

I basically had a complete Marvel set going into these (just missing Abigail Whistler). Now knowing that I won't have anything IM 3 for the foreseeable future (outside of Tony Stark) is making me look long and hard at what I am buying. Some things I was on the fence about but would have probably bought just to stay "complete". But if I won't have an IM3 Patriot in my "set"... do I really need stuff like ASM Spidey or Last Stand Wolvie? I don't think I do, not when I wasn't that impressed with either one and have perfectly fine versions of the characters already.

Maybe this is some quick money for HT- Forcing folks into buying more expensive diecast versions just to have these in their collections... but it may end up biting them in the long run.

Sallah

It could end a lot of completists to be honest. Its a mindset I understand but glad honestly outside of stuff dealing with Middle-earth I stay away from. Even for stuff like that I don't get everything like the PF's and such. I stick to the statues which is a bit slower pace. I have all the regular Iron Man and War machine armors. I would get the versions for this movie as well but I'm not doing $300+ figures when I can get statues which I like more for less or equal price.

It's ending it with me. I told myself to end it with the HoA set of 7 and the Mark 42 and Iron Patriot but it seems I'll be stopping at the HoA.

Here's hoping they release a plastic version down the line.

I would pay up to 350 :slap for a diecast Iron Man. The difference in aprecacion is from heaven to earth. I love my C3PO Tamashii. my best buy so far. :panic::panic::panic:

Last edited:
Die cast will not replace MMS its in addition to it.

Why would HT release a plastic version? I think it's safe to say now that they are upgrading ALL Iron Man figures to Diecast that way the fans will be forced to pay up. HT will be all like: "It's this $400 dollars Diecast Iron Man or nothing at all. What will it be?"

That explains why we haven't seen a Mark III 2.0 in plastic yet. They already announce that they will release one in Diecast. Same with Iron Whiplash (just imagine that cost of that... wow).

No more plastic MMS for Iron Man.

Back