Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares if the movie is good or bad? These are figures. Only thing that should matter is the character and the costume. I bought a couple Avengers figures from Age of Ultron, because the characters were great, even if the movie was not.

OK fine, the characters in the suicide squad were awful too! Margot Robbie is pretty hot though.

The death of the Death Star Trooper....?

PT has come to roost.

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

For one, it's just one PT figure. For all we know, HT might just be using Anakin to test the waters and see if people are even interested in PT figures. If it doesn't sell well, they'll have learned something about demand for the PT, while knocking out a core character that people would have wanted for their collections. Let's be real, if there's a defining PT character, it's a General Kenobi, so I think Anakin is HT seeing what kind of market there is for this line right now. If Anakin sells well, they'll feel better about making Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Qui-Gon.

In terms of the Death Star Trooper, there's still Force Friday, Star Wars hype leading up to TLJ, and Han Solo movie merchandise. If this guy doesn't go up for preorder going into the fall of 2018, we have a problem.

I think there's still plenty of opportunity for this guy to show up.

With nothing of interest being shown for Force Friday, does that increase the odds of this guy going up for PO in 2017, or are we still waiting for the Han Solo movie merchandise?

That's anyone's guess at this point. My personal feeling is that HT will concentrate on TLJ reveals/PO until Disney lift the embargo on "Solo:A Star Wars Story". Then, DST might be one of the first to go up for PO.

They are probably waiting for the Solo movie hype where this trooper will be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, still nothing from Hot Toys... I'm beginning to think this guy won't be up for PO till the end of 2018. Hope I'm wrong though.

HT DS Trooper 01.jpg

Did they change the face a bit from the original we saw in 2016? Looks thinner and the nose looks different too.

Also if that console is lighted (which would be awesome) HT please just make it a switch and not a remote.

Probably a switch under a panel with an easily strippable screw to access the panel. :lol

Back