Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please no... I think they know they held the better one for last. Like they always do.

I hope so because the gunner without the trooper would be lame. What concerns me is that the other shoretrooper ranks & Tank Commander seem to have gotten the axe despite the Shoretrooper captain being a quick sellout.

I'd like to see a Deathstar droid in the works too. I'm sure it could be possible since they've probably designed a 3PO or are in the process of doing so. SSC could handle that but not sure where they are on their 1/6 line these days.

Does the console need to be attached to the stand? Hopefully it stands on its own regardless but it does seem to be the right height when it's next to the stand.

Now I know where the batteries go :)
Sweet!! It would be awesome if it did work. Though with Hot Toy's current prices I wonder how much this guy will cost if that is the case.

Probably going to get two anyway, just so I can do a death star set up.

Hot Toys really seem to be stepping up in the extras department.

Trooper and console
Emperor and throne
Stormtrooper and backdrop
Tarkin and chair.

So glad they are doing this. Gives so much more to the figure display.

Good job Hot Toys !!!!

aab75b6a8cd0403b0c3e9523b67306e0.jpg

Hot Toys really seem to be stepping up in the extras department.

Trooper and console
Emperor and throne
Stormtrooper and backdrop
Tarkin and chair.

So glad they are doing this. Gives so much more to the figure display.

Good job Hot Toys !!!!

And, purely coincidentally, they can also charge more for super bare-bones figures. Thereby guaranteeing that no HT SW figure will ever be below $200.:lol

And, purely coincidentally, they can also charge more for super bare-bones figures. Thereby guaranteeing that no HT SW figure will ever be below $200.:lol

Yes you could be right. I guess the Imperial Guard will be the test of that theory. I still think they'll sell him for slightly under $200. But hopefully we'll soon see if you or I are right :)

Yes you could be right. I guess the Imperial Guard will be the test of that theory. I still think they'll sell him for slightly under $200. But hopefully we'll soon see if you or I are right :)

$205. Just wait for it ...

Ok for the Imperial Guard I'll say $195 due to the simplicity. Still believe they will do some figures below the $200 mark.

Just wish they would release a couple of these long teased figures !!......man.

I want the Gonk Droid. Especially after seeing more BB units. Gonk is iconic.

I'm really hoping you're right. Figs like Tarkin should have been $185 given he's mega simple (he never holds a weapon or even puts on a pair of gloves) but the chair-that-is-nice-to-have-but-no-one-will-ever-use to me lands it at the $220 pricepoint. The Royal Guard will be the interesting one though price-wise.

I want the Gonk Droid. Especially after seeing more BB units. Gonk is iconic.

Yeah, hopefully that proto wasn't just made for Howard's collection display.:gah::lol

It does raise the question though - how much would people pay for a HT Gonk? I can't think of a HT product that is similar as a guide to how it would be sold and the price. $120 (it's very obscure, incredibly simple and has no electronics)? As a sole figure? My assumption all along has been that HT was doing a Jawa and the Gonk would come with him, but that hasn't happened.

The fact that SSC just put up new PO's for their Jawas says maybe the Gonk is coming (in the same way SSC mysteriously put up their e-web months before HT announced their Snowie)?

I have a feeling the Gonk droid will be $190-$200 w/HT's "awesome" electronics and sound. Expensive but not as much as the most iconic droid R2 ($220?). I'm hoping for much cheaper but with current pricing and the addition of bells n whistles to their droids... $$$
Jawa and Gonk 2pk would be great but not likely.

On closer inspection that Imperial Guard looks like he has a brown/red undercloak, and boots.

So looks like no armour which is a good thing cost wise.

C'mon $195 !!! (can't believe I'm saying $195 is good for a bit of red cloth and a moulded helmet on a standard body, oh and a plastic stick....) I've got to get out of this hobby !!

aab75b6a8cd0403b0c3e9523b67306e0.jpg

I have a feeling the Gonk droid will be $190-$200 w/HT's "awesome" electronics and sound. Expensive but not as much as the most iconic droid R2 ($220?). I'm hoping for much cheaper but with current pricing and the addition of bells n whistles to their droids... $$$
Jawa and Gonk 2pk would be great but not likely.

The BB8 two pack is $175. Guessing the Gonks if sold in a 2 pack would be in that range.

Back