Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get the terrible image of Dash Rendar from that video game in the late 90's out of my mind. That's how I see him. Always jumping around, off trains and stuff.

I take Han being in the Academy as canon over anything in the new HS movie. Why would a smuggler ever come across such otherwise useless knowledge as Star Destroyer trash dumping protocol?

I take Han being in the Academy as canon over anything in the new HS movie. Why would a smuggler ever come across such otherwise useless knowledge as Star Destroyer trash dumping protocol?

Because he's a good smuggler. Was hardly useless info I would say.

I can't get the terrible image of Dash Rendar from that video game in the late 90's out of my mind. That's how I see him. Always jumping around, off trains and stuff.

Shadows of the Empire. Fantastic game.

Was this the game where you can also play with a Snowspeeder piloted by Dash, fight Boba and Probe Droids etc? I think I have some old screenshots of this game, was pretty cool:

Shadows of the Empire 01-tile.jpg

Amazing that those graphics are just 20 years ago.

I always liked the book better than the game. I remember it being fun, but the controls were clunky as hell. Still, Rendar had a pretty cool story and some important roles that were considered canon until Disney bought Lucasfilm. Rendar was integral working with Luke and Lando as part of Han Solo's rescue from the Jabba, he was the main supplier of resources to Echo Base on Hoth before the evacuation, a temporary member of the famed Rogue Squadron and was a main adversary of Boba Fett.

Rendar never had one of those weird EU storylines that were sorta questionable - his story fit right in and made sense. It's too bad he got cut out, but hey, if Thrawn survived, maybe there's hope for Dash someday.

I liked the book and I had some of the figures. I think I played the game at my cousin's house a bit but never actually owned it.

Shadows of the Empire was a great read and I believe I have that figure line buried in storage somewhere. They reused his ship or at least that model in one of the Rebels episodes which was pretty cool to see.

They specifically mentioned the Outrider in Rebels? Or it was just a ship that looked like it? I never watched the show so this is news to me.

No, they didn't. They just used that ship model and made it canon. At least something.

Shadows of the Empire came out in 1996, so if the Outrider was added in to ANH in 1997, and it's now showing up in Rebels (let's face it, that's definitely the Outrider), maybe Rendar is eventually going to show up at some point after all. Lucasfilm has at least worked his ship in, it seems.

Amazing that those graphics are just 20 years ago.

I always liked the book better than the game. I remember it being fun, but the controls were clunky as hell. Still, Rendar had a pretty cool story and some important roles that were considered canon until Disney bought Lucasfilm. Rendar was integral working with Luke and Lando as part of Han Solo's rescue from the Jabba, he was the main supplier of resources to Echo Base on Hoth before the evacuation, a temporary member of the famed Rogue Squadron and was a main adversary of Boba Fett.

Rendar never had one of those weird EU storylines that were sorta questionable - his story fit right in and made sense. It's too bad he got cut out, but hey, if Thrawn survived, maybe there's hope for Dash someday.

The SOTE book is different from the comic as well. But both fit pretty well inside the SW universe indeed

Back