Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot this guy was even previewed. I would definitely get it, I love the simplistic Imperial look but still very awesome. I should have trusted my gut and gone "First 12" with HT even if this guy might not ever actually come out. Them in front of the Kenner figures would have been an amazing display.

he was also previewed in a hot toys catalogue.

Attachments

• 20200411_170433.jpg
    20200411_170433.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 182
Dome looks nice but that mask is all kinds of wrong. Still, better than the other offerings at the time.

Dome looks nice but that mask is all kinds of wrong. Still, better than the other offerings at the time.

Is it? LOL Oh damn!!!! What I notice: they got the dome low enough compared to HT. (before the adjustment on the ANH one) And I think Marmits hit closer to 15 years ago now.

I had never wanted a Vader fig more than I did then. Marmits were $80 -$100 a pop back then. Expensive for the time, but I speculate the Vader kit would have been $120ish to $140. Total speculation. Still have unopened Stormtrooper and Fett kits. Just so beautiful imo

They had previewed the black pauldron Sandtrooper, but that too never released.

Is it? LOL Oh damn!!!! What I notice: they got the dome low enough compared to HT. (before the adjustment on the ANH one) And I think Marmits hit closer to 15 years ago now.

I had never wanted a Vader fig more than I did then. Marmits were $80 -$100 a pop back then. Expensive for the time, but I speculate the Vader kit would have been $120ish to $140. Total speculation. Still have unopened Stormtrooper and Fett kits. Just so beautiful imo

They had previewed the black pauldron Sandtrooper, but that too never released.
Still have my modified tie pilot and at at driver on display. I just replaced the boots and gloves.

The ESB Marmit Vader mask was the good one. That being said, even though Marmit stuff still holds up these days accuracy wise vs HT and SSC, the vinyl made the sculpts a bit soft.

Still have my modified tie pilot and at at driver on display. I just replaced the boots and gloves.

I'm not a huge fan of the TIE pilot but the AYAT driver - with some work - can look very accurate.

I live in hope that we will one day see the Death Star Trooper - many of the Star Wars characters I wanted are in figure form (though I am a late starter and am relying on the secondary market) - Governor Tarkin, Director Krennic and the Death Star Gunner - but the Trooper remains. I would also gladly pay handsomely for Hot Toys versions of examples of the various Imperial uniforms and ranks represented by so many unattested actors without lines.

I live in hope that we will one day see the Death Star Trooper - many of the Star Wars characters I wanted are in figure form (though I am a late starter and am relying on the secondary market) - Governor Tarkin, Director Krennic and the Death Star Gunner - but the Trooper remains. I would also gladly pay handsomely for Hot Toys versions of examples of the various Imperial uniforms and ranks represented by so many unattested actors without lines.

Director Krennic himself has now weighed in.:yess:

Hopefully now HT will listen.:lecture:lol

4 years since this got teased... time flies.

Yes, and with corona, even if they would want to make these figures, we'll get more delays.

Besides the Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper, Snow Commander and 1/4 Stormie, I would also like to get General Veers in AT-AT armor, that would be a great figure. An a Death Star Droid figure, could come from Sideshow if HT doesn't want to make him.

SWDeathStarDroidVader1.jpg

Oh well, I can dream...

Yes, and with corona, even if they would want to make these figures, we'll get more delays.

Besides the Death Star Trooper, Sandtrooper, Snow Commander and 1/4 Stormie, I would also like to get General Veers in AT-AT armor, that would be a great figure. An a Death Star Droid figure, could come from Sideshow if HT doesn't want to make him.

View attachment 483030

Oh well, I can dream...

This droid reminds me of the one in the Mandalorian. Also very cool looking, but quite detailed so no chance. Especially considering they haven't even gotten to C3PO yet.

Although that said, I'm fine with my weatherd SS version. He's not my favourite character anyway.

Death Star Droid - Hasbro made one in their 12" line and was nice, but I'd like SSC or HT to make their variant

Death Star Droid 01.jpg

View attachment 483030

Oh well, I can dream...

RA-7 is a great design. And appeared in many movies and tv shows. Definitely deserves some love.

Yeah why Sideshow never made Veers, Death Star Droid and others like Ackbar is simply mind boggling, especially when you look at the long list of crap they did make.

Sideshow did make whole bounty hunters line. Purely obscure background characters known only thanks to literature. And for that, they deserves a big hug. Better than nothing.

Yeah why Sideshow never made Veers, Death Star Droid and others like Ackbar is simply mind boggling, especially when you look at the long list of crap they did make.

Yeah I think I was talking on a Facebook group and they mentioned that Sideshow never made a Jar Jar figure, I couldn't believe it lol. Like you said, after every 3rd random guy they made, Jar Jar isn't made? I didn't realize Ackbar wasn't either, that's baffling.

Sideshow lost the plot when they went clone crazy. The clones ruined the line. Cool at first, then overkill.

Back