Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am down for 3 of the Death Star trooper. It is currently the most needed imperial. He is in 4 movies including rogue one. I would buy any ot imperials and rogue one figures. I am sure the next preorder will be some marvel release or another Harley Quinn. SMH 🤦*♂️
Long live the Death Star trooper.

Ugh - thought this might have been news. Some of these threads become like festering wounds when they pop up again.:lol

I've dived into making a second custom DST because I just feel it's now been too long for this fig to get the "omg - they finally put it up for PO!" treatment. I still think they made this proto with Solo in mind but bailed out when the scene involving the DSTs prominently was cut, and Solo then bombed.

Yeah, that DST helmet that comes with the Leia/Wicket looks a little wonky shape-wise. You'd assume they'd use the helmet they had on the DST prototype figure (though even that one, while overall looking good, doesn't seem to taper out wide enough.)

Yeah, that DST helmet that comes with the Leia/Wicket looks a little wonky shape-wise. You'd assume they'd use the helmet they had on the DST prototype figure (though even that one, while overall looking good, doesn't seem to taper out wide enough.)

At this point I would buy one even if the helmet remained off. I would buy 3 if they got it right or at least pretty close.

Hot Toys has to know this is a much requested figure AND one that could generate multiple sales.

But do they ? Sometimes I equate all the comments here on this thread to like yelling "I want xxx" in the forrest where no one can hear you.

FB seems to be the only effective place to communicate with them. Suggestions to SS probably go nowhere. It's very frustrating.

It really needs a coordinated effort. But many are not willing to get off their ass and show support on Facebook.

I'd be up for starting an offensive and post a link here whenever an opportunity on FB comes to "communicate" our wants to HT.

Who would be interested in that ?

But do they ? Sometimes I equate all the comments here on this thread to like yelling "I want xxx" in the forrest where no one can hear you.

FB seems to be the only effective place to communicate with them. Suggestions to SS probably go nowhere. It's very frustrating.

It really needs a coordinated effort. But many are not willing to get off their ass and show support on Facebook.

I'd be up for starting an offensive and post a link here whenever an opportunity on FB comes to "communicate" our wants to HT.

Who would be interested in that ?

I was just going to suggest something similar.
I've saved the pic from the previous page.
Next time HT post anything on their FB page,I will post the pic and ask them to release the DST.
I will use Instagram as well.
"This is the way".

I was just going to suggest something similar.
I've saved the pic from the previous page.
Next time HT post anything on their FB page,I will post the pic and ask them to release the DST.
I will use Instagram as well.
"This is the way".

Sounds good. "This is the (only) way" I think. :)

Main thing is to get the most likes and comments. This gets their attention.

I did this a few times already posting these images on their FB page

Hot Toys Death Star Trooper proto 1.jpg Hot Toys Death Star Trooper proto 2.jpg Hot Toys Sandtrooper proto.jpg Hot Toys quarter scale Stormtrooper 03.jpg

And I posted their Snow Commander too from time to time

Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander proto.jpg

Yep, while it's good to do it from time to time, perhaps a concentrated effort with a lot of people supporting it would show it's worth Hot Toys while.

In the end, they only do the main popular characters because the volume & therefore money made is largest. So need to show them that.

How can you tell when Hot Toys hasn't had a Friday SW release? When the Death Star Trooper goes to the top of the board.

You can try adding the following pic combo of the unreleased OT Trooper figures on Hot Toys Facebook page then:

Hot Toys unreleased figures.jpg

Back