Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow did make whole bounty hunters line. Purely obscure background characters known only thanks to literature. And for that, they deserves a big hug. Better than nothing.

Well in 1980 they were definitely known to me, though yeah, it was partly due to Kenner and Topps though all of the bounty hunters are seen onscreen in possibly one of the five most iconic SW scenes (Dengar barely, but all the others are more clearly seen.)

Sideshow lost the plot when they went clone crazy. The clones ruined the line. Cool at first, then overkill.

Yeah I think someone said a while ago that SSC made over 100 1/6 clones. If that's true, that's both nuts and sad.

First EVER reply back from Hot toys!!!

WOW!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-221433_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415-221433_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 234
I don't want to spoil your joy, but this is a regular automatic response. They generally don't care what their customers think.

True, unfortunately.
They listen when the fans tell them about some accuracy issues or similar things, from time to time only though.

I don't want to spoil your joy, but this is a regular automatic response. They generally don't care what their customers think.

Yep, sadly so. Someone posted a great gif of a post inbox marked suggestions with a shredding machine on the other side. :lol

Unfortunately that's how it is. Only thing that maaaybe works is to constantly annoy them on FB and Instagram. But even that is certainly no given.

I just really wish they would open up to fans and maybe give them the chance to vote for a fan favourite Star Wars and Marvel figure once or twice a year. Would win them a lot of customer kudos imo.

Unfortunately that's how it is. Only thing that maaaybe works is to constantly annoy them on FB and Instagram. But even that is certainly no given.

Are you suggesting we all post the picture of the Death Star Trooper prototype on all of their Facebook posts moving forward? Hundreds of pictures on every post? Is this your suggestion Hoody? Should we mobilize?

Are you suggesting we all post the picture of the Death Star Trooper prototype on all of their Facebook posts moving forward? Hundreds of pictures on every post? Is this your suggestion Hoody? Should we mobilize?

Yep, that's what I'm saying ! "Freaks.....Assemble !!!" :lol :lol

No, but pictures, gifs or simply a comment or a like to someone elses DST pic/gif sends them the message and takes the image to the top of the list I believe.

Sure they may not read it, but they surely don't sift through all the complaining on here.

Hulkbuster comments. CarProPads.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hottoys/posts/

No joy spoiled.
I was just surprised to get ANYTHING back,lol.
Unfortunately,no,they don't care what their customers think.
Asmus seems to be the only ones that do.

Yep, that's what I'm saying ! "Freaks.....Assemble !!!" :lol :lol

No, but pictures, gifs or simply a comment or a like to someone elses DST pic/gif sends them the message and takes the image to the top of the list I believe.

Sure they may not read it, but they surely don't sift through all the complaining on here.

Hulkbuster comments. CarProPads.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hottoys/posts/

So three thumbs up, no comments.......just goes to show no one REALLY wants to show their support for this. Thanks to the guys who did if you're on here.

So three thumbs up, no comments.......just goes to show no one REALLY wants to show their support for this. Thanks to the guys who did if you're on here.

Almost no one is really able to see any later comment by default after a first dozens or so. So this is hardly any proven point of anything ;)

Almost no one is really able to see any later comment by default after a first dozens or so. So this is hardly any proven point of anything ;)

C'mon of course you can expand the comments. But anyway doesn't matter. It's just frustrating. I wish HT would be a bit closer to their fans and give some transparency.

Someone mentioned SDCC is cancelled for this year. Perfect opportunity for HT to have a virtual con where they can show off their prototypes etc to the world and take high res photos and video without perspex covers and people in the way etc.

If they were smart they could use an online event to also enable online voting for prototype figures. If DST was getting 50 votes and some other figure 2000 votes, then I'd be OK with that. A bit of simple transparency would go a long way as far as HT showing figures and not making them.

Anyway I'll go back in my hole now.

C'mon of course you can expand the comments. But anyway doesn't matter. It's just frustrating. I wish HT would be a bit closer to their fans and give some transparency.

Someone mentioned SDCC is cancelled for this year. Perfect opportunity for HT to have a virtual con where they can show off their prototypes etc to the world and take high res photos and video without perspex covers and people in the way etc.

If they were smart they could use an online event to also enable online voting for prototype figures. If DST was getting 50 votes and some other figure 2000 votes, then I'd be OK with that. A bit of simple transparency would go a long way as far as HT showing figures and not making them.

Anyway I'll go back in my hole now.

Well said , thats reallly a great idea.

It's incredible that this month it's been exactly 4 1/2 YEARS :)mad::() since Hot Toys first showed their never-released Death Star Trooper figure. What a lost opportunity, and part of that frustrating pattern HT has so often fallen into - showing a figure, sometimes over and over, but then never releasing it.

I just finished my third and last (SW, ESB and now finally this one, ROTJ style) Death Star Trooper custom using the Hot Toys DST helmets that came with HT Leia/Wicket. Just waiting on the unique and unusual DL-21 pistol, also used by Dengar, Walrusman and Hoth Rebels, for this ROTJ-style version - currently he has a captured Rebel Commando rifle (which a DST does use against the Ewoks at one point in the movie.)

What has been fun is doing the distinct variations of DST from the three OT movies - there are differences in nearly everything from movie to movie: blaster type, holster type (or no holster,) boots, tunic/jumpsuit, shoulder logos, gloves, belt (both buckle types and greeblies.)

I guess we'll never know if HT would have done a variant DST for ROTJ like they did for the ROTJ-style stormie. The ROTJ style has the TIE Pilot jumpsuit (mostly - the officers still seem to have the ANH style tunic) and so there may have been enough difference for HT to do a variant, maybe using their Imperial Gunner jumpsuit.

I was SO excited for the HT DST and I guess these customs were my way of getting over my extreme disappointment in not getting it.

50811297168_affc95173b_o.png

Back