1/6 Hot Toys - Ahsoka series - Zombie Death Trooper (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they were just regular Stormtroopers wearing silly ribbon until the very end of the show, where they suddenly became zombies.

The gold seams and repair work is just another reference to Japanese culture and the practice of Kintsugi- same thing Kylo Ren did to put his helmet back together.
Hmm, the Japanese used that for ceramic/pottery bowls, not armor. :lol

Hmm, the Japanese used that for ceramic/pottery bowls, not armor. :lol
…Yes, and Han Solo is based on a cowboy archetype, but he doesn’t ride a horse.

Should the fact it’s not a direct representation stop a sci-fi writer referencing a Japanese cultural practice for their own purpose, especially when it’s fairy widely known that Star Wars is heavily influenced by old samurai movies and often described as a samurai western when it’s not being called a space opera?
Its just using an obvious source for inspiration.

Also, if you’re willing apply the Japanese philosophy of kingsugi to Thrawn then its usage also serves his character and troops a little and isn’t purely a design implementation intended solely to sell yet another trooper variant figure.

…Yes, and Han Solo is based on a cowboy archetype, but he doesn’t ride a horse.

Should the fact it’s not a direct representation stop a sci-fi writer referencing a Japanese cultural practice for their own purpose, especially when it’s fairy widely known that Star Wars is heavily influenced by old samurai movies and often described as a samurai western when it’s not being called a space opera?
Its just using an obvious source for inspiration.

Also, if you’re willing apply the Japanese philosophy of kingsugi to Thrawn then its usage also serves his character and troops a little and isn’t purely a design implementation intended solely to sell yet another trooper variant figure.
And yeah you'd think cowboys and bigfoots would be natural enemies, not best buds. And hell, hot rods that cocky dudes would boast about being the fastest around weren't even invented in the cowboy days. Archetype logic is defo important.

And yes, while SW is indeed not sci-fi, no writer should have impediments placed on their cultural appropriation of anything they choose. Canceling should be for shows pre-streaming era, not for writers/artists. :lecture

Who knows, stormies that look exactly like repaired Japanese ceramic bowls could be a hot thing in SW in the coming years. :dunno

Last edited:
“Star Wars: The Power of The Dark Side” Exhibition & Pop-Up Store | HONG KONG:

HT 9.jpg

I wish Hot Toys had added swappable armor parts with those troopers. Preventing us from army building those is basically leaving money on the table. When it comes to that one, they'd have to put it up for PO first anyway.

I personally love the gold but the ribbons are too much. Less is more, leaving off the ribbbons definitely would have been better

If I get him I'd definitely remove the ribbons if possible as they look a bit naff.

As for the gold, my view is that it's overkill and too on the nose replicating the Japanese art. Broken pottery was repaired with lacquer, and the joints coated with powdered gold, silver or platinum so as not to hide the repair, but tell the object's story.

Such an act of beautification seems at odds with the purpose of these troopers.

If I get him I'd definitely remove the ribbons if possible as they look a bit naff.

As for the gold, my view is that it's overkill and too on the nose replicating the Japanese art. Broken pottery was repaired with lacquer, and the joints coated with powdered gold, silver or platinum so as not to hide the repair, but tell the object's story.

Such an act of beautification seems at odds with the purpose of these troopers.
But not at odds with Thrawn the art and culture lover, so in this case I think it fits

But not at odds with Thrawn the art and culture lover, so in this case I think it fits
Agreed. That was a nice touch to Thrawn’s love of art, plus connecting it the ST with Kylo Ren’s helmet.

I saw the ribbons as what grounded the Great Mother’s magick over the troopers. I’m still not entirely convinced all of Thrawn’s troopers aren’t zombies. Obviously there were the ones that died on screen and came back to life and walked all zombie like but it’s also possible the others are in more of a hypnotic state and zombies in that regard. Marrock showed that these things can speak and act on their own despite being magickally animated. They’re one of the aspects I’m most interested in learning more about. Hopefully they either explore that on the shows or let Zawn fill in the gaps in a book.

Back