Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get this I shall paint the visor big red to match the POTF gunner. And I would seriously consider buying the gun too if they made it, so long as it makes a clicking sound when it turns.

Why don't they just use fabric/pleather gloves on bendy hands? It looks great on military figures. Besides do they really need specific hand sculpts? they're just operating controls

I can't afford to buy all of the Star Wars figures despite my desire. With that said, i think i will purchase whatever is released from the original POTF line.

I actually created an emblem to place onto my 1/6 DST helmet for a custom and it was royal pain in the *** to get it to sit flat because of the complex curve. This helmet has even more curve than the DST one.

Depends on how its made, especially white

If its a laser cut piece of white vinyl would be pretty easy depending on the thickness of the the vinyl
If its a professional decal that's precut to the actual shape its pretty easy too.
Both those versions would be more like a "spiderweb" instead of a solid circle so easier to apply smoothly.

If its a home printed waterslide decal then it would have to be the white kind (since you can't print white) with the design "negative printed" using black. Then cut out in a circle by hand. I found the white decal paper to be thicker than the clear and does not go on as smoothly.

Yes curved surfaces are always more challenging. have to take more time and use more water/solution and work it a bit more.

Some pics from STGCC.

29659206005_e17cae98a7_b.jpg

29368363160_2a74a6fc54_b.jpg

29034511913_93b00756e8_b.jpg

29368338350_4858389933_b.jpg

29548009262_4c3f666baa_b.jpg

29548011862_213401e0f1_b.jpg

Can we confirm if the death star gunner suit sleeves are the same stitch pattern / material as the HT vader?

Waiting for this guy and the trooper to go up for pre order. Also the Gonk droid which seems to have gone missing.

Is this the first time they've shown him with an Imperial emblem on the helmet? That's a almost a deal breaker for me so I'm gad they added it.

I think I read somewhere that the chest armour - which is the same as the sand trooper cauldrons - is actually a piece of protective clothing used for youngsters learning to ride motorbikes.

This guy and the trooper makes me want the ANH Vader even more. I resisted so far. But Vader + DS gunner/trooper + stormie sounds soo good.

I caved and bought the anh vader. Wasn't disappointed!! I've never bothered with any of his lights or sounds and think he looks amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I want to want this guy but I'm still having a problem with the shirt. where is it ribbed like that in the movie ??

(Gunner from the end of the movie)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 1.57.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 1.57.56 PM.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 293
Back