Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an amazingly detailed set they built for just a few seconds of DS cannon footage.

Great pic. That thing that the stormtrooper is on looks very much like the main controls to the Tracktor beam that Ben Kenobi shut down.

131431z0yhzccccvk9ichc.jpg

Gloves can use some improvement but I've got no complaints if that's the figure on my shelf.

If not, I'm sure someone can make custom stickers

It's tricky on a complex curve surface like that though.

Funny that the ANH DST isn't supposed to have (shoulder) emblems yet does, and the Gunner should have the emblem but doesn't.:gah:

For me, it's the plastic looking chest piece that sets this figure back.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if that is a sculpted piece or a fabric covered piece. Depending on the image, I go back and forth on what it's made of and can't figure it out.
I've never seen a good image of the screen used upper body armor so I'm not sure how it's supposed to look.
Still, I love the modern looking Sallet helmet (my favorite medieval helmet design) and always wanted these guys in 1/6 so this is a must buy.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would look fine on the shelf but I find the pants to not be the best fit and find the change of material between the upper clothes and pants seems a little stark. Maybe if the pants were more rich in color or if they weren't under such harsh lights it would be fine.

But really the stupid gloves are the only real issue.

I'm pretty sure its the same BMX chest protector they used for the Sandtrooper pauldron just worn correctly instead of on the shoulder.
Huh, I never realized that's what they used either for the Sandie pauldron or the same for the Gunner body armor. I don't own the HT Sandie yet, (mine will arrive on Monday!) so I'm not sure if they made that from fabric or if it's molded. I'm looking forward to finding out in person. :)
Thanks for the info.

These are great editions to any SW Collection if figures were in the $100 range. But I can't be doing $220 for these background / environment filler characters. Just too much. I'm not knocking the figure just going to be to steep to even consider or even welcome any sort of temptation

I'm having a hard time figuring out if that is a sculpted piece or a fabric covered piece. Depending on the image, I go back and forth on what it's made of and can't figure it out.
I've never seen a good image of the screen used upper body armor so I'm not sure how it's supposed to look.
Still, I love the modern looking Sallet helmet (my favorite medieval helmet design) and always wanted these guys in 1/6 so this is a must buy.

I'm pretty sure its the same BMX chest protector they used for the Sandtrooper pauldron just worn correctly instead of on the shoulder.

Yes, I believe the cauldron/chest armor is plastic which looks.. well, like plastic. :yuck

I love the helmet, but like others have said, the gloves and those BDU pants have got to go.

Yes, I believe the cauldron/chest armor is plastic which looks.. well, like plastic. :yuck

I love the helmet, but like others have said, the gloves and those BDU pants have got to go.

There is the possibility of buying a parted out SSC TIE pilot uni and a parted out HT gunner helmet/head, boots, holster and belt when they come out and bash together a better looking ROTJ version. Not sure if the SSC TIE Pilot gloves are any better, or would hold the blaster. Very doable, or just wait for the inevitable HT ROTJ Gunner variant you know they'll make because, it's Hot Toys. :lol

It's tricky on a complex curve surface like that though.

Funny that the ANH DST isn't supposed to have (shoulder) emblems yet does, and the Gunner should have the emblem but doesn't.:gah:

Not really. On 1:1 helmet is more difficult, trust me.

That is exactly what it is

Not really. On 1:1 helmet is more difficult, trust me.

That is exactly what it is

I actually created an emblem to place onto my 1/6 DST helmet for a custom and it was royal pain in the *** to get it to sit flat because of the complex curve. This helmet has even more curve than the DST one.

Back