Hot Toys Comedian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL, kind of reminds me of the King.

gg.jpg

While the headsculpt is very good, the smile seems a little extreme. But it could also be because of the shadow falling over his eyes due to the mask that the expression has a "creepy" vibe to it...

I hope that they'll include a second head in the style of this:

comedian-header.jpg

No mask, younger hear without the grey and the possibility to put his sigar in his mouth :)

Anyway, even if they don't do this, the figure still looks very good and I like all his weaponry that they included.

I don't know what some you guys are moaning about the smile being to extreme?

1. if you watched the movie (and/or read the comic), you know that he has a lot of that "extreme" smile, they went for that look clearly.

2. the comedian should smile + he is a creepy character, and that smile captures it well!

Comied.jpg

Silk Spectre II + Comedian are a easy pass if they would only make those 2. Because just 2 figures are not the Watchmen.

But if HT also makes Dr. Manhattan + Rorschach + Ozymandias and Nite Owl II it is getting difficult because, then the Watchmen are complete :)
And no doubt they will look up to Hot Toys level also..

watchmen-group-431.jpg

watchmen-group-photo.jpg

watchmen_group_2.jpg

Wouldn't that be a nice sight on your shelf? :cool:

the comedian should smile + he is a creepy character, and that smile captures it well!

Joker is a creepy character known for his smile. HT didn't make a single sulpt with the famous chompers. At least someone known for their smile got one :D

I am watching this line with interest as HT deviates from their normal processes. Silk has 'realistic' hair and Comedian a big bright Mr. Ed smile. IMO kinda cool.

Joker is a creepy character known for his smile. HT didn't make a single sulpt with the famous chompers. At least someone known for their smile got one :D

I am watching this line with interest as HT deviates from their normal processes. Silk has 'realistic' hair and Comedian a big bright Mr. Ed smile. IMO kinda cool.

what would be cool is a Watchmen line that includes:

Comedian, Silk Spectre II, Nite Owl II, Ozymandias, Rorschach, Dr Manhattan

and Archie :)

flip-19.jpg

what would be cool is a Watchmen line that includes:
Comedian, Silk Spectre II, Nite Owl II, Ozymandias, Rorschach, Dr Manhattan
and Archie

IMO Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan are a given, Nite Owl and Ozymandias are a good probability and Archie not so much...

The Watchmen aren't typical hero's and IMO HT Watchmen line isn't typical either (so far). It's cool.

What are the chances that dr. Manhattan is made of semi-transparent material with lots of LEDs all through his body so he can light up? HT loves their light up features.

What are the chances that dr. Manhattan is made of semi-transparent material with lots of LEDs all through his body so he can light up? HT loves their light up features.

I think the chances are pretty small for that to happen, but you never know...

It would look really cool though. Maybe they do something similar as McFarlane did with their Halo 3 Cortana figure, which is a semi-transparant body on a base with some LEDs shining at it...

2300629295_1c9ed46fd0.jpg

I don't know if this would work for a larger, articulated figure, but we'll see.

Well, I checked out all the pics available so far, and I've got to say, this is the first time in a while that I think HT has really struck out! The head just looks... off. I can't quite put my finger on what (though the fact that it's disproportionately large, compared to the body doesn't help. The body, BTW, is pretty much perfect, but that funky head sculpt kind of ruins it for me. Oh well, easy pass, I guess...

I'vre noticed from the photos of him though, they have a small plaque saying that the figure is not yet final, so HT could still be doing stuff to him

Well, I checked out all the pics available so far, and I've got to say, this is the first time in a while that I think HT has really struck out! The head just looks... off. I can't quite put my finger on what (though the fact that it's disproportionately large, compared to the body doesn't help. The body, BTW, is pretty much perfect, but that funky head sculpt kind of ruins it for me. Oh well, easy pass, I guess...

I gotta disagree bat.

I am by no means a Watchmen fan. At first, the combination of Mr. Ed smile along with the hair had me kinda ehhhhh. Pics from the actual movie versus the sculpt, IMO it is a really well done sculpt.

Maybe some people need to rewatch the movie? It's a flawless capture of the expression in that particular scene. You may disagree with their CHOICE of expression, but by no means is it a poorly executed sculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back