1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall this looks very nice but hopefully they do an OT 3PO after this one - there's just too many little differences I think that would end up bugging me about trying to use this one as an OT 3PO.

The obvious lack of silver lower leg/foot, the TFA-specific torso wiring (hate that big thick printer ribbon one up front), the slightly broader/fatter body, the subtle sculpt differences in the suit (stuff like the missing large "Phillips head" screws where the legs meet the hips.)

They've used real pistons but made them thicker than is screen accurate. They aren't as thick/noticeable as the Tama ones (which may have a broader range of movement than these) but they also aren't screen accurate size like the Sideshow ones (which were "cheats" that just slid and weren't functioning pistons.)

Agh now all I see is adult diapers

man-wearing-diaper-2.jpg

Yeah, he does have the pants-pulled-up-too-far look, but the TFA suit does have that.

MEH.... VERY Happy with the SSC versions.....(backward thumbs and all)

Totally not needed....

3PO liiks like crap.....nice waist line....R2 looks great.

MEH.... VERY Happy with the SSC versions.....(backward thumbs and all)

Totally not needed....

3PO liiks like crap.....nice waist line....R2 looks great.

HT R2 has sculpt errors on the dome (e.g light below main eye too small) so SSC R2 is more accurate, but HT may have had to do that because of the DC. Still like the look of the HT R2 more though - the DC is awesome.

These definitely look like they are die cast as well. If that is the case I am absolutely sold. I have the Tamashii and the Sideshow version. When it comes to display I would love to have one in pieces on Chewies back, which the tamashii is perfect for.

I'm gonna have to think on these two...although I'm betting the HT R2 will look and feel less toy-like.

They look good for what they are, for sure! But I'll wait for OT versions to trade in my SSC ones. Once the thumbs are fixed on SSC Threepio, he looks pretty good (from shelf viewing). Sure the weathering is a little heavy-handed, but from a couple feet away (which is how I see him 90% of the time on the shelf), he looks pretty good. And I'm still not sure why SSC R2 gets such a bad rap. In hand, he feels light, and hollow, but if you're not playing with him, and simply posing him on the shelf, and changing the poses every so often, he's an excellent figure. Lots of display options, and the light features look fantastic (and 10x easier to access than Hot Toys).
But then again, Hot Toys can really impress when figures are released, and I've changed my mind before....
TankExciting.jpg

I'm going to stick with the Tamashii C3P0 and get the TFA R2 when it comes out. I actually do like the red arm btw haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 3 year old Tamashii 3PO is still my favorite... Pass on this one but will pick up R2 since Tamashii cancelled its R2.

My 3 year old Tamashii 3PO is still my favorite... Pass on this one but will pick up R2 since Tamashii cancelled its R2.

I'm about to buy the Tama but this obviously puts doubt into my purchase. But just because it's HT does not mean it will be done better than the Tama. Is the HT diecast?

The R2 HT I will purchase tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY similar to the Tamashii.

It's almost as if Hot Toys waited for Sideshow and Bandai's agreement to reach the deadline, and then signed an agreement with Tamashii or Bandai to release these to figures.

For me, C3PO is a pass, I will keep my Tamashii. For R2, I will sell the Sideshow and get this one.

Untitled-2.jpg

I'm about to buy the Tama but this obviously puts doubt into my purchase. But just because it's HT does not mean it will be done better than the Tama. Is the HT diecast?

The R2 HT I will purchase tho.

It's not because of the die cast that I like - is only part of it - but the fact the figure captures C3PO(Anthony Daniels) very well even without hip articulation... in another word the human anatomy was done on this figure perfectly. It looks so natural in every angle. I can't describe it accurately unless you have it in hand... something about this figure that I adore so much. Only thing I am missing is R2, and from most of the reviews, SS R2 is not delivered up to hot toys standard.

Back