1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys C-3PO - TFA Version

I love how I just bought SS's backward thumb version a year ago and now this is revealed. Nothing like companies playing games with people's money and passion. I think SS should either step back from the Star Wars line or lower their prices and let hot toys be the high end collectible.

I'm sure these will be much more $$$ than SSC versions :lol

Aww come the **** on!! I can't be the only one pissed about this. The shared licence thing works great when it's good, but this kind of crap makes me feel duped. I just bought 2 friggin' R2s and 2 friggin' 3po's, after getting the Tama and luckily breaking even on my Medi's. Double dipping and re-releasing at this rate leaves a seriously bad taste :mad:

It's certainly not the best. I have the Tami 3PO and SS R2 but now I'm looking at these and thinking Wow I need these in my life! I think it maybe time to make a disciplined life change and just stick to buying HT star wars realeases otherwise I'm going to have 2 or sometimes 3 of each character from different companies and a massive overdraft! :gah:

Eh... I'm a proof-is-in-the-pudding guy. To me the HT stormie helmet sculpt was an 8/10 when it should have been a 10. I'm excited and hopeful, but waiting on better HT 3PO facesculpt pics before I'll say "every way possible." Frankly, we don't need another "close but no cigar" 1/6 3PO.

I agree on the stormie front. IMO they missed the mark on the helmet sculpt by a long way.

Hmmm... 3PO does look a bit odd at the mid section and legs. His head looks great. His hands look a little wonky too although at least the thumbs will be correct.

13731538_10210952269589633_3410076534887987103_n.jpg

Looks fantastic, but I'll wait for an original trilogy version with a silver leg and hopefully a thinner mid section. I'll never use the red arm.

I'm sure glad I have the Sideshow 3PO and R2. Really appreciate the quality of those. Don't need these copy cat Hot Toys versions..what a waste! Unless you missed out on the better Sideshow versions. 3PO is better due to the dented helmet and weathering..R2 is better due to the amazing amount of accessories you get with it. Easy pass on these. I'm really dumbfounded as well that we're getting a Hot Toys Snowtrooper. Sideshow knocked that one out of the park. Had no need whatsoever to be remade. Hot Toys IS NOT the second coming of christ..jessus! lol..and even when god himself presents us with the almighty Hot Toy, people still complain about "the perfect and most superior company."

I'm sure glad I have the Sideshow 3PO and R2. Really appreciate the quality of those. Don't need these copy cat Hot Toys versions..what a waste! Unless you missed out on the better Sideshow versions. 3PO is better due to the dented helmet and weathering..R2 is better due to the amazing amount of accessories you get with it. Easy pass on these. I'm really dumbfounded as well that we're getting a Hot Toys Snowtrooper. Sideshow knocked that one out of the park. Had no need whatsoever to be remade. Hot Toys IS NOT the second coming of christ..jessus! lol..and even when god himself presents us with the almighty Hot Toy, people still complain about "the perfect and most superior company."

Haha. That made my day. Laughter is the best medicine.....

This just like putting your fingers in your ears, and going: "lalalalala, I can't hear you!" :lol

I have the Tamashii C-3PO and the SSC R2. That's enough. I collect everything C-3PO so there's a chance I'd grab the HT version but it's too much too soon.

Back