1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on MOS waiting for the BVS version but the MOS hs is better. I'll still get this new figure then buy the old hs from eBay.

Im actually suprised the suit changed. He found his suit in the crashed ship and I figured he wouldnt be getting a new suit anyhow. To see there are slight changes actually has me wondering how did he tailor his kryptonian suit. Either way. The last suit/figure is perfect to me. This slight change is not enough for me to want another. But for anyone without a supes....they are very similar and either is a good choice to fill that supes space in your heart.

Im actually suprised the suit changed. He found his suit in the crashed ship and I figured he wouldnt be getting a new suit anyhow. To see there are slight changes actually has me wondering how did he tailor his kryptonian suit. Either way. The last suit/figure is perfect to me. This slight change is not enough for me to want another. But for anyone without a supes....they are very similar and either is a good choice to fill that supes space in your heart.

Lois has a fashion sense and made some alterations:lol

:yess: So glad I held off buying MOS Superman. I was so close but I couldn't see Henry Cavill in the MOS sculpt. The body was kind of elongated too. This looks absolutely spot on. That is Henry Cavill and the proportions look better too. I can't get over the head/face sculpt......it is absolutely perfect.

The sculpt looks really off to me. Don't see a need to get this over the MOS I already have. I do love the base though. That is a very unique touch.

While I'm glad HT didn't laze out and reuse the MOS sculpt (besides, a pissed-off Supes is perfect for BvS), that likeness was better, IMO. It's typical HT in that the likeness is stronger from certain angles.

I'm hoping HT will make tweaks, which I think it will, but I'm not a fan of that suit, which I know isn't HT's fault. There's too much unnecessary flair.

yea they're not grand differences by any means but there are some. I've got every Superman figure from HT (and some custom) so this is being bought either way :lol I like this one though so that makes it easier for me
Could be worse, you could have every Batman. :lol
Lois has a fashion sense and made some alterations:lol
I would believe this, and I'm pretty sure other people would too

You know, looking at the pictures again makes me think the head sculpt is smaller than the first MOS. If that is true, I'm going to get this figure whole even if he is very tall and a spare pair of boots for my custom MOS.

If he's yet again oversized, I'm not getting him. Nobody should look taller than my Christopher Reeve Supes! :lecture

Reeve Supes is too short, that's obvious. For a man who was 6'4", that figure is not tall enough.

I like the sculpt on this one. Has some emotion in it and it still resembles Henry Cavill to me. I do think there should have been 2 sculpts though. Batman always gets the interchangeable mouth pieces (even eye pieces) to create different expressions, but Superman always just gets the one each release.

If he's yet again oversized, I'm not getting him. Nobody should look taller than my Christopher Reeve Supes! :lecture

I think he is taller than the first release. See the description of the first release: //www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-man-of-steel-superman-hot-toys-902053/

Damn it guys, now you fools make me wanna mod my Reeve Supes! Maybe I'll sculpt longer calves.

Broke out the tape measure. Here are the actual heights.
- HT Reeve Superman is about 12-3/16 tall (12.1875) which equates to right around 6'1"
- HT Cavill Superman is a little over 12-7/8 (12.875) which equates to between 6'4" and 6'5

For comparison, DW Thor is about 12-3/8" (12.375) equating to a little more than 6'2".

So bottom line is HT line might not be exactly 1/6 scale, but it's pretty close. I think it's been fairly common knowledge that the figs were slightly under 1/6 for quite some time, but certainly nowhere near being a deal breaker, especially when you consider that most 1/6 or 12" lines before HT essentially were one size fits all. The Cavill MoS figure is out of whack, not only with Marvel but with DC, Terminator, PotC, and pretty much everything else. I remember how shocked I was when I put MoS in with the collection. I had seriously thought about packing it up and returning. Instead I just pushed it to the back and semi out of site because I'm OCD when it comes to scale, symmetry, etc. So again not trying to make this a federal case, I'm just hoping that HT goes back to the regular system for the BvS line and subsequent DC movie releases so everything scales nicely together. That's all.

I doubt the height of BvS Supes will change and Batman looks to be just as tall.

12373438_988894624482199_1997374422928518864_n.jpg

Back