1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it- sculpt is different and I think it's Cavill no doubt about it.

Yeah I'm not really feeling the likeness as strong as on the MOS figure. And while the costume color might have been a bit off before, the color here seems even more off to me, especially with that super bright red they're using.

I know right? I mean I'm not trying to put Tony Mei out of business or anything, but have they learned nothing from the capes he makes?

Yeah I'm not really feeling the likeness as strong as on the MOS figure. .

:exactly: In context (Superman suit) folks can say, it is a ringer for Cavill however, it appears to be one of the HT releases that have a hint of likeness where you change the context (place in suit and tie) most folks wouldn't get who it's supposed to be. If it was all dressed in the proper black attire, I could mistake it for Danny (Grease).

I am glad they tried an expression, it is always fun with different features.

Looks more like John Stamos. It doesn't look like Cavil...the first one looks better, imo. I guess I'll be waiting for JL. Also, when are they going to include more than one sculpt? Red eyes is a no brainer...:dunno

Did they make the shoulders broader than the MOS fig? Seems like it. Not sure if that limits the poseability and restricts the fig from doing the Supes flying pose perhaps?

Revised HS looks fine, the frown is a bit much but that expression works when facing him up against Batman I suppose.

I too am sticking with my MOS figure, see no reason to trade up. Plus HT is probably going to jack up the price.

Did they make the shoulders broader than the MOS fig? Seems like it. Not sure if that limits the poseability and restricts the fig from doing the Supes flying pose perhaps?

Revised HS looks fine, the frown is a bit much but that expression works when facing him up against Batman I suppose.

I too am sticking with my MOS figure, see no reason to trade up. Plus HT is probably going to jack up the price.
possibly, combined with a flatter cape/trap area and it could give the impression of wider shoulders

After seeing all the photos on the first page, I think this figure looks really cool.

I think the suit and the body look excellent. It looks like they lengthened the cape from the MoS figure. I really like how they flattened it against it shoulders, as opposed to him looking like he has huge traps as it does on the MoS figure. Based on the photos, the figure looks like it's going to be pretty large, like its predecessor. The sculpt is between decent and good for me. While not horrible, I think the likeness on the MoS sculpt is a bit better. I'd liken it to the difference between Thor's TDW sculpt and AoU sculpt. I do think they nailed the hairstyle though. It seems like they modeled the sculpt after the first photo that was revealed of Supes, where he was standing in the rain.

I have the MoS figure, and I'll be picking this one up as well once it goes up for PO.

I like the costume more on this one than on MoS, but I think the MoS headsculpt is better than this one.

Same here. The suit could be a little tighter though. I love how it looks, but I hate how it creases in dynamic poses...

Definitely getting this Superman as I missed out on the Man of Steel version, the only downside is that they should have included a LED laser eyed headsculpt with this one. It looked super cool in the latest trailer.

Shoulders do look revised to have more definition for sure. Shouldn't limit poseability though

I like this better than the MOS version. When I look at that sculpt I see Superman, not Cavill (or at least my interpretation of Supes). Might be in for the two-pack if it is under $500.

I'm surprised many don't like the head sculpt. I think it looks dead-on like Superman in the trailers.

I'm a Batman-only collector, though, so my main issue is how to get that tech cowl. I might have to buy both and sell the extra Superman...

Looks like Matt Bomer.

Matt+Bomer+Premiere+Time+z9xOzJKELzwl.jpg

Back