1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT is slipping for sure.
MOS version definitely looks better, too bad it's oversized.
I'm not even close to being excited by these figures though..
Disappointed to say the least.

Anyone noticing any differences between this and HT's MoS Superman? I see little besides the belt. The head sculpt looks new, and less accurate...also looks like he has more facial hair, or had rather. I dunno.

IT looks all right, but I dunno about upgrading from my MoS Supes.

gotta love this place. when the MOS version was released so many ppl modded the heck out of it (collar, cape and repainting the suit-all which usually came out looking great sometimes not so much) because it wasn't good enough outta the box. Now so many folks coming out of the wood work saying the MOS is better :lol :rotfl: :slap:

Anyone noticing any differences between this and HT's MoS Superman? I see little besides the belt. The head sculpt looks new, and less accurate...also looks like he has more facial hair, or had rather. I dunno.

IT looks all right, but I dunno about upgrading from my MoS Supes.

The suit, boots and head are all new. Even the body looks to have some tweaks to it (specifically the shoulders)

gotta love this place. when the MOS version was released so many ppl modded the heck out of it (collar, cape and repainting the suit-all which usually came out looking great sometimes not so much) because it wasn't good enough outta the box. Now so many folks coming out of the wood work saying the MOS is better :lol :rotfl: :slap:
Hey now, I have no qualms about my MoS Supes :lol I did no mods or anything, I just left it as is, and I really like it. This is mostly since I bought it for the huge discount last year ($127 I think), and since I have a soft spot for the film.

Plus idk about which is better, it's too soon! :panic: I just wanna know more details man.

haha my post wasn't directed at you FSLAR :wink1: more to all the posts I'm seeing that say "MOS figure looks better than this"

The lower half was though informing you of the what's been changed with this fig vs the MOS fig :hi5:

haha my post wasn't directed at you FSLAR :wink1: more to all the posts I'm seeing that say "MOS figure looks better than this"

The lower half was though informing you of the what's been changed with this fig vs the MOS fig :hi5:
I'm gonna have to read this thread then :lol oh my. But I really do want to know what's difference...cause if it's roughly the same costume with a possibly worse likeness (Can totally change, I believe in HT), then I will just keep my much cheaper MoS :lol

the accessories are one thing I know weren't changed though, besides the stand

I'm gonna have to read this thread then :lol oh my. But I really do want to know what's difference...cause if it's roughly the same costume with a possibly worse likeness (Can totally change, I believe in HT), then I will just keep my much cheaper MoS :lol

the accessories are one thing I know weren't changed though, besides the stand

You can kinda see the differences here. The trim is completely new along the waist/ribs, cuffs and belt area as well as the new 'S' shield. Boots are also new. He's also a bit bulkier this time around. They've also added Kyrptonian glyphs at the shoulders which looks like HT as replicated as well if you look close enough
maxresdefault.jpg

Still unsure but will likely get suit and boots loose. Figure is 31.4 cm, meaning he will tower over most 12 inch figures.

You can kinda see the differences here. The trim is completely new along the waist/ribs, cuffs and belt area as well as the new 'S' shield. Boots are also new. He's also a bit bulkier this time around. They've also added Kyrptonian glyphs at the shoulders which looks like HT as replicated as well if you look close enough
View attachment 229534
Hmm, yeah. It's a bit subtle, but I see some differences. From the promo pics, the overall suit has darker shades.

Hmm, yeah. It's a bit subtle, but I see some differences. From the promo pics, the overall suit has darker shades.

yea they're not grand differences by any means but there are some. I've got every Superman figure from HT (and some custom) so this is being bought either way :lol I like this one though so that makes it easier for me

they could at least have done the red eyes to go with this, a very missed opportunity to really separate this version from the MOS one.

The suit, boots and head are all new. Even the body looks to have some tweaks to it (specifically the shoulders)

Agreed. Sometimes, I think a lot of people like to find flaws in things rather than positives, just for the sake of complaining about something because it's easier to criticize than praise; especially in anonymity.

What I find humorous is that when the first photo of the upper torsos for the Supes and Bats figures was released yesterday, people were stating how much the sculpt on that one looked like it was simply a recycle of the MoS sculpt and that they hoped HT would produce an entirely different sculpt for BvS since he looks a bit different in BvS than he did in MoS. HT reveals a new BvS sculpt to go with this figure, and now some people are clamoring they would have been better off just recycling the MoS sculpt because the new sculpt doesn't look as good as the MoS sculpt. It's almost like you can't win with some individuals.

While I do concede that the MoS sculpt bears a slightly better likeness, I don't think the BvS sculpt is all that horrible as what people seem to be making it out to be. I think they captured the slicked hair really well and the facial expression looks stoic and serious, like many of his facial expressions shown thus far in the trailers for the film. I really like the body of the figure, the texture of the suit and I think it's awesome how they flattened the cape against his shoulders (although even without the collar mod on the MoS Supes figure [which does look cool and more accurate] I still think it looks great). Being that the cape seems to be a bit longer, I think it would be pretty cool if HT adds a dirty effect to the bottom of the cape, similar to how they did with TDW LA Thor and AoU Thor.

I have all three figures from the MoS line and the Christopher Reeve figure, and being that I'm a staunch Supes fan, I will without a doubt be picking this figure up.

I love it! Hot Toys did a fantastic job with the MoS Superman and this is certainly another winner!

Back