1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the back of the cape doesn't sit that well. There's too many folds and pleats and it's hard to futz it. Looking forward to my custom cape for sure. I feel like the wired cape will really add to poses and look that much more dynamic, even if the pose is a simple museum type pose.

Yeah I almost regret going for a non wired cape now but as it stands I still plan to have this Batman standing with the rest of the JL figures when they get here so probably no room for a wired cape. If I end up getting a JL Batman that might change, then I can get a wired cape for this guy.

Thanks @SilverStar17. Yes I've noticed that the original Superman's suit has lines. That's why I used similar material for Superman's cape.

View attachment 360128

You would be correct. As I showed in this image I posted earlier, you could clearly see the material of your cape is more accurate to the material of the actual cape than what the stock HT cape is (even though it is a good cape and drapes nicely).

Batman-V-Superman-Superman-meets-the-press.jpg

Very nice cape you have. Best custom one I've seen, personally.

北京国安;9406811 said:
a37ba3912dccaeb72e89bbc9b4bb94c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Love how it sits so flat on his shoulders. Tempted to get one of these so I have both cape types covered. :lol

北京国安;9406974 said:
Maybe later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Jaxon I'd be extremely interested if you do one that drapes and lays flat on shoulders - I'm not big into wired capes looking like they're blowing in the wind (as much as yours looks great) because that's doesn't happen with Ben's cape, his cape looks thick and drapes in every situation - unless you have one like that already?!

Yeah Jaxon I'd be extremely interested if you do one that drapes and lays flat on shoulders - I'm not big into wired capes looking like they're blowing in the wind (as much as yours looks great) because that's doesn't happen with Ben's cape, his cape looks thick and drapes in every situation - unless you have one like that already?!

Jaxon does non wired capes, I have one on the way right now as it happens.

Been wanting to make my own Batman non-wired movie accurate cape, but never got the chance. Finally made one for myself. Due to poor lighting, the weathering is not visible here. Side by side, Batman is huge.

BATMAN SUPERMAN (1618) ED1A SR.jpg

BATMAN SUPERMAN (1623) ED1A SR.jpg

What happened to your custom Supes cape? Or was this taken before you made it, or perhaps you have a second BvS Supes that you kept stock?

What happened to your custom Supes cape? Or was this taken before you made it, or perhaps you have a second BvS Supes that you kept stock?

Yes i have 2 Superman. The first one was the one with the wired cape. The second one is this one. Gonna make a new non wired cape for the superman.

:clap Awesome job unrealtoys.
Still baffles me how HT got their stock cape so wrong.

Me too. They did a superb job with Doctor Strange cape. But the Batman capes...

Been wanting to make my own Batman non-wired movie accurate cape, but never got the chance. Finally made one for myself. Due to poor lighting, the weathering is not visible here. Side by side, Batman is huge.

View attachment 360339

View attachment 360341

Ohhhh dude, that's an awesome cap also! You and Jaxon are making it really hard to decide XD You both do amazing work!

Really is. I feel like some of the custom work done to make the figure more muscular, is actually over-doing it a little bit (in my opinion). The figure is well beefy enough...

My sentiments also. I can't imagine the body for this (or any other Batfleck figure) being any bigger than what it is. Doing so I feel would start to make the muscularity of it look a bit embellished and unnatural.

Really is. I feel like some of the custom work done to make the figure more muscular, is actually over-doing it a little bit (in my opinion). The figure is well beefy enough...

I guess it depends how you do it.
I have seen a few in person, some have done the muscle mod in a subtle way.

The bvs batman Jaxon just posed with a wired cape also has that mod. Could you tell it if I haven't mentioned it?

Back