1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's say it took him less than a week to sculpt and paint up (I don't know if that's generous), you'd pay for a custom, one of a kind piece of art by someone who is one of the best in his field at a rate of $20-$50 a day?

Yes thats all its worth to me, if its a one off or mass produced its irrelevant for my perceived value of a 1/6 head but I gave myself some leeway considering its custom and came up with $100 (obviously Im not the target consumer).

That's fair enough, but yeah, if you're going to want a freelancer to do a custom job for you for $100, regardless of what it is, he's either going to laugh at you or do the job in an hour. There are some artists who ferociously value their time and worth and do not F about when it comes to costs. That's just what the freelancing world is like.

Eh, pretty sure if you're a film company hiring artists to create maquettes, sculpts, and realistic applications/props they charge a lot. This isn't any different really, not only are you paying for his time, you're paying for his time spent getting skills up to that level... yeah the price is high, but it isn't a mass produced item, this isn't really for the typical collector - at this stage it's more like an art piece, perhaps priced a little too high. But it's his work his price, if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and clearly people think it's too much for what it is.

You don't go into an art gallery and tell everyone it's all too high.

You don't get into an art gallery and see doll heads man. Don't know why people keep bringing that comparison over and over In order to justify someone else's insanity.

You like it and have enough $$$ to LITERALLY flush it down the toilet? Great!

No need to justify (stupid/insane/utterly ridiculous) spending.

You don't go into an art gallery and tell everyone it's all too high.

Not directly, no. You just do that by not buying it.

People can absolutely charge whatever they want for something, but the difference between them and the potential buyer is they have to sell it; people don't have to buy it. Especially a doll head/figure sculpt.

But this is a forum for HT and other action figure collectors, not an art gallery but I can see what you're saying. The response here shouldn't be surprising though. If someone is gonna buy one, well, they must have a lot of money.

HT sculptors must be paid well, I'm sure, but I think they could ask for more money if a wealthy collector commissions them for a one-off sculpt outside of their work for HT. That, *I think*, is why Adam's yet to sculpt for HT while it was said (rumored?) that he was approached by HT before to do a Joker sculpt. Doing a sculpt for mass-production in a mainstream scale (1/6) might lessen the demands for exclusive commissions (of that certain character, at least-- perhaps the character he's most in demand for), thus less earnings for him.

He knows he can gouge the Ledger Fanatics.

He did the Exclusive sculpt for Sideshow's Crimson Guard, so his mainstream price tag must not be much.

1000391_press02-001.jpg

He knows he can gouge the Ledger Fanatics.

He did the Exclusive sculpt for Sideshow's Crimson Guard, so his mainstream price tag must not be much.

1000391_press02-001.jpg
Kato also did the clothing for that figure :lol

"Artists
Idol Workshop (Sculpt), Tim Niver (Sculpt), Pascual Wawoe (Sculpt), Adrienne Smith (Sculpt), Adam Gu (Sculpt), Nathan Eakins (Paint), Seth Rinaldi (Design), Jared Chapman (Design), Joe Allard (Design), Kato Work (Costume Fabrication), Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication), Jesse Lincoln (Development), The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team"

this is off the current custom sculpt topic, but does anyone know of a site where there are pictures of this batman in action, i.e. beating up thugs?

which of jaxons non wired capes do you guys recommend, was thinking the movie accurate version but theres a few different versions he does, just want a good version that lays nicely & aint too long like the HT version.

which of jaxons non wired capes do you guys recommend, was thinking the movie accurate version but theres a few different versions he does, just want a good version that lays nicely & aint too long like the HT version.

Get the movie accurate cape made from the softest fabric, that's the one I got and I'm very happy with it, it sits great on the shoulders and drapes nicely too

Get the movie accurate cape made from the softest fabric, that's the one I got and I'm very happy with it, it sits great on the shoulders and drapes nicely too

Looks great pal, is the outer surface of this cape leather look or is full fabric like the dx12 type of thing

Wait $6500 dollars for a 1/6 scale toy headsculpt :rotfl no way, I got my custom Frist Rate Head sculpt for £30 and it's great to me, obviously not perfect but great quality and paint for the price

Wait $6500 dollars for a 1/6 scale toy headsculpt :rotfl no way, I got my custom Frist Rate Head sculpt for £30 and it's great to me, obviously not perfect but great quality and paint for the price

Visible neck joints are unastetically pleasing. Now way I would consider them.

Back