1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's put this into perspective. If the head was 100% accurate including paint detail, had an animatronic system that allowed for mouth movement, facial expressions, and speech that was equipped to handle every line from the movie, an AI brain that enabled the head to control the body and move on its own, then maybe I'd consider paying that much. But I'd still pass.

If a person likes something enough they will find a way to obtain it even if that means spending 6k. He is a good artist no doubt but I have always found his work to be a bit overrated.

Hey man if you've got the money to burn and you want a 1 of a kind headsculpt that is pretty much out of this world then fair play to you. It is an insane amount but if you've got that much to spend on a 1:6 head then I'm guessing it's not going to really impact you. If I had that much money I can't truly say I wouldn't do stuff like this :lol

We are all in this hobby to get the best representations of our favourite characters, if you've got the means to do that then why not.

And fair play to Adam for charging as much. If he can, then why shouldn't he? Clearly people are willing to pay it and he shouldn't have to apologise for that. Never apologise for making money.

Its a good sculpt id probably pay, max, $100.

Let's say it took him less than a week to sculpt and paint up (I don't know if that's generous), you'd pay for a custom, one of a kind piece of art by someone who is one of the best in his field at a rate of $20-$50 a day?

Let's say it took him less than a week to sculpt and paint up (I don't know if that's generous), you'd pay for a custom, one of a kind piece of art by someone who is one of the best in his field at a rate of $20-$50 a day?

Yes?

It's a doll head man. It's not custom made furniture, or things that would enhance your expensive house to gen next level.

Jesus.

The subject matter is irrelevant. It's a one off hand painted sculpture that's had hours and hours of work put into it. If what he charged would end up him being on less than minimum wage, then what's the point!

If I could afford $6000 for a single 1/6 headsculpt I'd have to very rich, in which case I'd get those 1/2 scale Prime 1 statues instead. :lol Back in the real world I'll stick to 1/6 figures and $50 custom sculpts from OSK.

If someone will buy it at that price, that's their money then. It's a nice headsculpt but if I had that much disposable income at one time I'd rather buy a shelf full of figures.

Funny now that I remembered, a couple of my non-collector friends once joked (pretty sure they meant it) that I had more money than sense when they saw 2 huge boxes in my studio containing 2 sixth-scale plastic cars (89 Batmobile and Tumbler) that cost me more or less $1300. I laughed with them but at the back of my head, I was thinking that I love these things and I could afford them so why not.

I guess our lack of sense/absurdity/stupidity depends on who we're talking to, our bank account and/or our personal threshold for spending on something :lol

Back