1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I believe that the nitpicking on DCEU movies so far is because these characters are just more well known and closer to heart to many. Hence, there are more opinions on how the characters are potrayed and projected as.. No worries, nitpick or not.. Hater or lover of DCEU, cinema goes will still go to watch the movie because of the love of the characters.... So, I don't see any point someone attacking or someone defending the movie(s).

I came across a youtuber "Samuel Otten" who actually did many podcast over analysing the movie scene by scene.. I guess for a casual movie goer like me, suprised that there are people who willing to spend hours of their time analysis details, choice of words, dialogs choice of cinematography angles. I am not in this field of work but fun to listen to all the explanations.

Sorry if my post came across as defending the BVS coz I am guilty as charged. Personally, I loved the movie.. Watched it over 3-4 times...

Hahaha.. Let's cheer up and thank DCEU, MCU for bringing us the loved characters in our lifetime, and hot toys bringing such awesome figures...

P/S: The cameos are unnecessarily added because it's required to path a route for future DCEU, it's similar to StanLee's cameo in all the MCU movies which are unnecessary but fun to watch.

I am just another guy from southeast asia pitching in my 2 cents here in this forum while still waiting for my local retailer to get their share of the BvS twin pack.
(Yes, it's been 6 months since the release and I've not received my pre-order item......)

Thank you everyone here for sharing nice photos of your figures quenching my thirst for the figure in the meantime..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Personally I believe that the nitpicking on DCEU movies so far is because these characters are just more well known and closer to heart to many. Hence, there are more opinions on how the characters are potrayed and projected as.. No worries, nitpick or not.. Hater or lover of DCEU, cinema goes will still go to watch the movie because of the love of the characters.... So, I don't see any point someone attacking or someone defending the movie(s).

I came across a youtuber "Samuel Otten" who actually did many podcast over analysing the movie scene by scene.. I guess for a casual movie goer like me, suprised that there are people who willing to spend hours of their time analysis details, choice of words, dialogs choice of cinematography angles. I am not in this field of work but fun to listen to all the explanations.

Sorry if my post came across as defending the BVS coz I am guilty as charged. Personally, I loved the movie.. Watched it over 3-4 times...

Hahaha.. Let's cheer up and thank DCEU, MCU for bringing us the loved characters in our lifetime, and hot toys bringing such awesome figures...

P/S: The cameos are unnecessarily added because it's required to path a route for future DCEU, it's similar to StanLee's cameo in all the MCU movies which are unnecessary but fun to watch.

I am just another guy from southeast asia pitching in my 2 cents here in this forum while still waiting for my local retailer to get their share of the BvS twin pack.
(Yes, it's been 6 months since the release and I've not received my pre-order item......)

Thank you everyone here for sharing nice photos of your figures quenching my thirst for the figure in the meantime..

:goodpost:
And I still can't imagine what's taking so long for those figures to get to your part of the world. Have they offered any explanation?

And I still can't imagine what's taking so long for those figures to get to your part of the world. Have they offered any explanation?

Looks like the local distributor had not even received the 2nd batch of the product.. So I can only wait patiently..
If they tell me I am not getting it, I am gonna freak out and BURN THEM DOWN!!!!!
Just joking...

Looks like the local distributor had not even received the 2nd batch of the product.. So I can only wait patiently..
If they tell me I am not getting it, I am gonna freak out and BURN THEM DOWN!!!!!
Just joking...

I'm not a lawyer but I think you'd be well within your rights to burn them down should that happen. :lol

I'm not a lawyer but I think you'd be well within your rights to burn them down should that happen. [emoji38]

Hahaha. It's ok. I am a good person. i will just as for money enough to buy 3 Batman figure on ebay....

Hahaha. It's ok. I am a good person. i will just as for money enough to buy 3 Batman figure on ebay....

Your patience is admirable. If any figure is worth the wait its this one.

(In response to the posts about that nice $80 batsignal previously)
A more affordable idea is customizing this inexpensive lamp from Walmart. I bought one pvc plumbing part from Ace hardware and had the other stuff laying around (made the lens out of top loaders just scratched up, bat is cardboard, old chargers, cords etc. and some spray paint) Looks great lighting Batman from below. Plugs in and an LED bulb creates no heat.
0304171014.jpg

I've said it before – everybody has an opinion of Batman and Superman because they know them so well... nobody had a clue who Iron Man or Thor, Captain America etc. were before the MCU and had no references (movies/TV) to go off!

(In response to the posts about that nice $80 batsignal previously)
A more affordable idea is customizing this inexpensive lamp from Walmart. I bought one pvc plumbing part from Ace hardware and had the other stuff laying around (made the lens out of top loaders just scratched up, bat is cardboard, old chargers, cords etc. and some spray paint) Looks great lighting Batman from below. Plugs in and an LED bulb creates no heat.
View attachment 328132

Someone's been watching Cosplay Chris.

Has anybody gotten there cape from jaxon yet? I feel like im getting the runaround from this guy.

I'm going to assume he's a good guy and not trying to screw anyone over. Maybe these capes are pretty time consuming, especially when he's making a couple of different types, and who knows how many orders he has. Don't know if he's doing them by himself or not either. When you're dealing with collectors, the product needs to be as close to perfect as possible because you know how we are! I would say be patient and check in with him every now and then to get an update on his progress. I understand how you feel because he's making one for me too!

Someone's been watching Cosplay Chris.
Yep. Not as fancy, but it works for me. I have the Hot Toys Nolan Bat Signal which is amazing and has a remote control but it eats batteries (there is on/off/remote settings and the remote setting uses power even when not lit) and there is no USB or plug.

That's fine. Just as much as you're free to state your opinion that you like something, others are free to state their opinion that they dislike something. That's what makes for good discussion. However, the issue I find is many of the people who dislike it don't really come up with a good argument as to why it's bad. Nothing that isn't refutable at least. Often just citing back to what the critics said simply because they're professional critics, so they must know what they're talking about. I personally think citing any authoritarian source in a discussion is a weak argument because just because someone is an expert in something doesn't invariably mean they know what they're talking about or that what they say is correct. In fact, it makes it easier for them to fudge things because it's presumed you'll just take their word for it since they're an "expert". What it comes down to is either your argument is good, or it's bad, regardless of what kind of background you have in something. You're going to have to come up with a cogent argument that demonstrates why the opposing argument is bad as opposed to merely citing to authority.

Fixed that for you. :wave

Is it possible that perhaps people are going out of their way to find fault with the film just because?

Sorry...your point being? This doesn't even make sense. Alt Left...wtf is that :huh. Don't be so easily baited by political satire to the point you just have to jump in and say something as incoherent as the plot points you blindly need to defend.

And while possible, certainly not necessary for people to go out of their way to find fault with this movie. Why would you, it has so many. Some of you guys defend this movie with such fervor you'd think you had some financial stake in it or something. You seem to be so...enamored with it you can't simply state all the reasons why you like it without being offended by someone else simply stating why they didn't like it. Again...it's called a D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.

Last edited:
Sorry...your point being? This doesn't even make sense. Alt Left...wtf is that :huh. Don't be so easily baited by political satire to the point you just have to jump in and say something as incoherent as the plot points you blindly need to defend.

And while possible, certainly not necessary for people to go out of their way to find fault with this movie. Why would you, it has so many. Some of you guys defend this movie with such fervor you'd think you had some financial stake in it or something. You seem to be so...enamored with it you can't simply state all the reasons why you like it without being offended by someone else simply stating why they didn't like it. Again...it's called a D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.

11045887445_59867d367c_o.gif

Apparently you didn't read the first part of my post (which wasn't directed at you, but you still quoted) that defends open discussion on the topic and states that people who dislike it or like it are both free to state their opinion? :cuckoo: Instead being quick to opt for haughty derision in thinking that those who do like it are only in denial that it's a poor film merely because that's what you thought. Since you keep emphasizing discussion, you might want to try reading the discussion as opposed to blindly jumping in and going on a harangue.

Feel free to dislike it for your own personal reasons. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't care. I had no issue understanding and following the plot points. However, I'd go out on limb and actually say that those who don't like it can't stand the fact that there's people who do, seemingly feeling the urge to tell them that they're merely going to great lengths to justify a "bad" film from what I've observed. :wink1:

Anyone have problems with the batsuit pealing leaving the under suit color? Cause that's happened to mine and It sucks.

Anyone have problems with the batsuit pealing leaving the under suit color? Cause that's happened to mine and It sucks.

Dude! That does suck! I haven't seen that happening elsewhere yet. Can you please post photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup this what I mean. I don't know if you can make it out but it's also happened under the logo. I repaint mine so any time I see it I just dab a bit of paint to cover it but it's still noticeable due to it pealing. Hopefully none of you have this problem cause you see this on your figure it's frustrating. 20170305_103204.jpg

I'm going to assume he's a good guy and not trying to screw anyone over. Maybe these capes are pretty time consuming, especially when he's making a couple of different types, and who knows how many orders he has. Don't know if he's doing them by himself or not either. When you're dealing with collectors, the product needs to be as close to perfect as possible because you know how we are! I would say be patient and check in with him every now and then to get an update on his progress. I understand how you feel because he's making one for me too!

Yeah I've ordered a cape from him before and had no problem. Like with all custom parts you just have to give it some time and it'll eventually show up. No real need to badger them about it.

Back