1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like DCU better then Marvel, but after the Nolan Films all the DC Movies have been poop on a stick. If you think BVS is a good film, your probably 5yrs old and don't know better.

So if we happen to have a different opinion to you, we have the minds of 5 year old's? Unless you're being sarcastic(in which case I apologise) that comes across as incredibly arrogant.

jordanimal said:
1) I was one of the few who enjoyed BvS (directors cut was AWESOME with much needed that was included to help the movie)
2)Affleck is my favorite portrayal of Wayne AND batman, I hope he doesn't leave the role. ever
3) this is my favorite Hot Toy that I own of all the ones out there. I can visit this thread ever day for new pics & each one is awesome

You really aren't in the minority there. Audience scores even for the theatrical cut are in the low 60's, that means the majority enjoyed the movie. If you take the extended cut alone that number rises by at least 10% probably, its a much better version of the movie. As with everything the haters always shout loudest.

I'm certainly no hater of S:TM (HT Reeve Superman is maybe my most cherished figure)but I am tired of that being held up as some masterpiece while bashing this DCEU. It contains at least as many plot holes as BvS and if you take the leap of faith for the sake of the movies to accept Superman, the reaction to him is certainly more realistic in this DCEU than the Donnerverse. Trump's 1930's politics of prejudice and fear with the rise of far right nationalism globally make clear the distrust our species has of the unknown. Any kind of alien, let alone a super powered one, the hostility would be unimaginable.

I'm glad DC have dared to take a different approach to the genre and just wish the execution was a little better at times. If Snyder can't iron out those flaws in JL Affleck should still have faith in his script and whoever he chooses as director for the Batman movie.

You really aren't in the minority there. Audience scores even for the theatrical cut are in the low 60's, that means the majority enjoyed the movie. If you take the extended cut alone that number rises by at least 10% probably, its a much better version of the movie. As with everything the haters always shout loudest.

I'm certainly no hater of S:TM (HT Reeve Superman is maybe my most cherished figure)but I am tired of that being held up as some masterpiece while bashing this DCEU. It contains at least as many plot holes as BvS and if you take the leap of faith for the sake of the movies to accept Superman, the reaction to him is certainly more realistic in this DCEU than the Donnerverse. Any kind of alien, let alone a super powered one, the hostility would be unimaginable.

I'm glad DC have dared to take a different approach to the genre and just wish the execution was a little better at times. If Snyder can't iron out those flaws in JL Affleck should still have faith in his script and whoever he chooses as director for the Batman movie.

Again, my sentiments as well.

Superman in the DCEU is faced with the issues that a being of his sort would genuinely be faced with. You're going to have people who love him, and who despise him. He can't be everywhere at once, so if say he chooses to help victims of the Haiti earthquake instead of victims of the tsunami in Japan if they happened simultaneously, the people he chose not to help while trying to help others are going to wonder why he didn't choose to help them instead and would therefore, begrudge him. That's just one of many issues he'd face.

Like that African woman stated in the UE of BvS (even though she was paid off by Luthor): "To look him in the eye and ask him how he decides which lives count, and which ones do not."

S:TM and S II still remain two of my most cherished superhero films though. If ever faced with the issue, I'd probably get rid of both Cavill Supermans before I got rid of my Reeve Superman.

I didn't think BvS was a bad movie it was decent but not great. Yes alot of issues in the story, but I liked seeing the DC universe on film shape up. I know alot of people dislike this superman, because he is emotionless or to depressed. I like to think they where trying to make him more human (even though he isn't) he felt bad that no matter what he does everyone will just judge him wrongly. That's a normal human emotion we all feel. But we learn you can't please everyone and people will judge you regardless of what you do. I also think they used two versions of superman from the comics that goes with how this superman acts. Superman earth one and the new 52. Earth one was more for MOS. But his actions where not as emotional as the new 52 version but he is feeling them. I have a feeling in JL when he comes back. He will feel alot better, seeing how people mourned for him. And he will be more hopeful and confident in himself. Same for Batman his rage is gone he wants to do good by people like he used to. My perspective on this whole thing.

Thank you for all the love guys!

The "mod" is very simple and requires only one thing, cotton balls.

I stuffed a half a cotton ball on each side of his rib area, two small halfs in his chest and another two for his traps.
Now heres the only bad thing I suppose and this would turn a lot of you off, the suit doesn't close completely since he's "beefed" but the figure imo looks a lot better and accurate.

IMG_4493_zpshn3gndrv.jpg

IMG_4973_zpsrwzcosxc.jpg

Looking awesome, how did you get the cottonballs in there? did you stuff them down the neck opening?

So i'm very happy to say Batman will be arriving today. Does anyone have a good reference to a nice building esque rooftop/gargoyle to display him on?

I think the biggest problem with the DCEU is David Goyer. In my opinion, he is overrated as a writer. He's doing the same thing to Superman, that I didn't like about what they did with Batman in the Nolan movies, which is rush the development of the character. In the Nolan movies, Batman operates in Gotham for only a couple of years (at most), then retires. Comes back for a brief stint (and almost no one in the city actually sees the guy in action), and they build a statue to him. Supes appears in MOS, at the end of the movie, operates for a couple of years, then is "killed" by Doomsday in BvS. In regards to both heroes, they don't give the characters enough time to be heroes or saviors. The folks at Warner Bros., seem to think that every major moment in these characters' existence has to happen in the first movie or two. In BvS, they make a point of suggesting that Robin is dead. But as they never introduced a Robin, or had him working with Batman for any length of time, there is no significance to his death. I'm guessing that in JL, they will show the formation, and the destruction of the JL all within 2 movies. And it's too bad. I liked MOS and BvS (with a few gripes of course).
But I do love THIS FIGURE!!!! Easily the best Hot Toys representation of Batman. The customizations people are doing look pretty good (although I think some are going a little too bulky). But I'm very happy with mine right out of the box!

In the Nolan movies, Batman operates in Gotham for only a couple of years (at most), then retires. Comes back for a brief stint (and almost no one in the city actually sees the guy in action), and they build a statue to him.

Agreed that was stupid. But still, as a whole, the Nolan Films were the best thing that's ever happened to DC in like, forever. And I'm a Keaton fan.

What we have today, is laughable. A disgrace, much like the amazing D. Trump would say.

Like I said, I WISH we had "bad" DC films like TDKR today.

TDKR is The Godfather compared to BvS. I actually think is as bad as B&R. It's just trash. More so than SC, and that was incredibly bad.

Rumor going around Dwayne The ROck will pick up the batman mantle after JL

No there isn't. I'm just so frantic about Ben potentially leaving the role I'm lashing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest problem with the DCEU is David Goyer. In my opinion, he is overrated as a writer. He's doing the same thing to Superman, that I didn't like about what they did with Batman in the Nolan movies, which is rush the development of the character. In the Nolan movies, Batman operates in Gotham for only a couple of years (at most), then retires. Comes back for a brief stint (and almost no one in the city actually sees the guy in action), and they build a statue to him. Supes appears in MOS, at the end of the movie, operates for a couple of years, then is "killed" by Doomsday in BvS. In regards to both heroes, they don't give the characters enough time to be heroes or saviors. The folks at Warner Bros., seem to think that every major moment in these characters' existence has to happen in the first movie or two. In BvS, they make a point of suggesting that Robin is dead. But as they never introduced a Robin, or had him working with Batman for any length of time, there is no significance to his death. I'm guessing that in JL, they will show the formation, and the destruction of the JL all within 2 movies. And it's too bad. I liked MOS and BvS (with a few gripes of course).
But I do love THIS FIGURE!!!! Easily the best Hot Toys representation of Batman. The customizations people are doing look pretty good (although I think some are going a little too bulky). But I'm very happy with mine right out of the box!

I have to disagree. I think they're actually taking time to develop this Superman rather than rushing his development. Both MoS and BvS were considered his developmental stage, in my opinion. Now that many people have coalesced and mourned the loss of him after his sacrifice, I imagine that in JL, he will be widely revered and consequently, be more comfortable in his role and sure of himself.

I personally enjoyed both MoS and BvS more than the Nolan films.

I have to disagree. I think they're actually taking time to develop this Superman rather than rushing his development. Both MoS and BvS were considered his developmental stage, in my opinion. Now that many people have coalesced and mourned the loss of him after his sacrifice, I imagine that in JL, he will be widely revered and consequently, be more comfortable in his role and sure of himself.

I personally enjoyed both MoS and BvS more than the Nolan films.

Good post.
For me I think the problem MoS and BvS have had, that the MCU doesn't is simple... familiarity!
Everyone knows Batman and Superman, and everyone has an opinion on who they are and how they should be portrayed.
The Avengers characters however were relatively unknown – Hulk is the only character people had reference too... no surprise he's the character that's been harded for Marvel to get his own movies right!
Going forward this will be a problem for Marvel - Iron Man especially, RDJ IS the character and it will be hard for them to relaunch him when the time comes

Back