1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the repaint on the batsuit made it the lighter grey looks amazing in hand. 20170131_191313.jpg

Everyone thinks negative , Dwayne Johnson said good things about the future of the DCeu . I trust the word of the Rock, Ben Affleck is still playing Batman and he is still producer of the Batman . He just dropped out of the director seat. Aquaman is looking great, they found black manta today

Thank you for all the love guys!

The "mod" is very simple and requires only one thing, cotton balls.

I stuffed a half a cotton ball on each side of his rib area, two small halfs in his chest and another two for his traps.
Now heres the only bad thing I suppose and this would turn a lot of you off, the suit doesn't close completely since he's "beefed" but the figure imo looks a lot better and accurate.

I have the stock cape and stuffing the traps closes up that gap from suit to cape fairly well.

Just some acrylic paints applied lightly

IMG_4493_zpshn3gndrv.jpg

Really awesome work on this! I always thought people were focusing too much attention before on making the arms or pecs bigger, when it was really the torso that needed to be bigger and wider. And you captured that perfectly.

Everyone thinks negative , Dwayne Johnson said good things about the future of the DCeu . I trust the word of the Rock, Ben Affleck is still playing Batman and he is still producer of the Batman . He just dropped out of the director seat. Aquaman is looking great, they found black manta today
True maybe he thinks someone else could direct a better superhero movie. From his statement he can't do both at the level they require.

I'm not afraid of Ben leaving at all. Him stepping down as director is nothing to be ashamed about and for those complaining, REALLY?
The dude was to portray the gd Batman, write AND direct? Never been done on a franchise of this scale has it?

This way we possibly get Fincher (I pray) or another director that Ben admires to take the reigns while his focus is on Bruce.

Him leaving should be the last of everyones worries. Him being comfortable is important and it looks like a lot is being taken off his shoulders.

Really awesome work on this! I always thought people were focusing too much attention before on making the arms or pecs bigger, when it was really the torso that needed to be bigger and wider. And you captured that perfectly.

My man, you're not the only one. It's as if they were going for the TDKR body or something, some customs are out of control!

Did the repaint on the batsuit made it the lighter grey looks amazing in hand. View attachment 320471
Beautiful!

If JL, and WW fail certainly Affleck is going to want out. I mean, I think he wanted out as soon as the reviews for BvS came out, but certainly if JL has a similar reception he's really going to want to get out of there. At that point, though, WB may also be more then willing to oblige, and let him out of his contract as they may want to finally put this universe out of it's misery. Plus, I think Affleck does have a little leverage in the sense that I'm sure WB wants to keep working with the guy even with Live by Night being a bit of dud. So there may be some give, and take there to get both parties what they want.

You say put it out of its misery like it's a total disaster. In terms of RT scores it might be but that's not the whole story. MOS got decent box office results for a reboot, made a lot more than Batman Begins which was a much better movie imo. BVS should have sailed past the $1b mark but nearly $900m was by no means a disaster either. SS squad actually did very well for its slightly lower budget and less iconic lead characters.

If JL gets critically savaged again but brings in close to or just past $1b I doubt WB would cancel the whole show. I also don't think Affleck has been harmed at all by the BVS backlash. Nearly all those negative reviews actually lavished praise on his portrayal of Batman, it was Snyder and the part of Superman that got the brunt of the criticism.

I don't think this DCEU is beyond saving by any means. The reception to JL will be really interesting. People complained when Snyder was given a free hand, now it seems people are already moaning that he's having ideas forced on him. BVS was too dark and dour...apparently, I'm sure someone will criticise JL for being too light.

I just hope they keep it simple with a clear linear plot. We'll have already had Superman, Batman and WW's backstory so they don't need to go there. Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash need only brief intros, they can have their histories fleshed out in their solo movies. Don't let Snyder edit the theatrical cut lol or it will be choppy as hell again.

I'm not afraid of Ben leaving at all. Him stepping down as director is nothing to be ashamed about and for those complaining, REALLY?
The dude was to portray the gd Batman, write AND direct? Never been done on a franchise of this scale has it?

This way we possibly get Fincher (I pray) or another director that Ben admires to take the reigns while his focus is on Bruce.

Him leaving should be the last of everyones worries. Him being comfortable is important and it looks like a lot is being taken off his shoulders.

My man, you're not the only one. It's as if they were going for the TDKR body or something, some customs are out of control!

Beautiful!

So Ben is still writing the script for the movie or at least having a hand in it?

I guess he cant have walked away thinking its crap then or he'd be condemning his own work. :lol

Yeah, other than it being choppy, I really enjoyed BvS. I actually liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, other than it being choppy, I really enjoyed BvS. I actually liked it.

Yes, the ultimate edition BvS is really enjoyable and the first version I saw actually.
Watched the theatrical cut out of curiosity and couldn't believe how badly edited it was. With the length of post production time they had, that was hard to understand.

Affleck worked on the story but the fact that there's no mention of writing duties in his statement ("I cannot do both jobs" - acting/directing) seems to indicate he's not writing the screenplay.

Yes, the ultimate edition BvS is really enjoyable and the first version I saw actually.
Watched the theatrical cut out of curiosity and couldn't believe how badly edited it was. With the length of post production time they had, that was hard to understand.

The UE is miles better than the theatrical cut. I liked the theatrical cut when I first saw it, but after seeing the UE, the UE is BvS to me.

I personally like this DCEU and like it better than the MCU. Starting over at this point would do more harm than good in my opinion. It's like you're basically pandering to the critics and asking them, is this good now?

Like you said, as long as the films don't tank at the box office, I think they're going to continue. Plus, after Infinity Wars, the MCU in my opinion is pretty much done for all intents and purposes, so the DCEU will pretty much have the stage as all their main characters will still be playing.

You say put it out of its misery like it's a total disaster. In terms of RT scores it might be but that's not the whole story. MOS got decent box office results for a reboot, made a lot more than Batman Begins which was a much better movie imo. BVS should have sailed past the $1b mark but nearly $900m was by no means a disaster either. SS squad actually did very well for its slightly lower budget and less iconic lead characters.

If JL gets critically savaged again but brings in close to or just past $1b I doubt WB would cancel the whole show. I also don't think Affleck has been harmed at all by the BVS backlash. Nearly all those negative reviews actually lavished praise on his portrayal of Batman, it was Snyder and the part of Superman that got the brunt of the criticism.

I don't think this DCEU is beyond saving by any means. The reception to JL will be really interesting. People complained when Snyder was given a free hand, now it seems people are already moaning that he's having ideas forced on him. BVS was too dark and dour...apparently, I'm sure someone will criticise JL for being too light.

I just hope they keep it simple with a clear linear plot. We'll have already had Superman, Batman and WW's backstory so they don't need to go there. Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash need only brief intros, they can have their histories fleshed out in their solo movies. Don't let Snyder edit the theatrical cut lol or it will be choppy as hell again.

Sure, they've made money, but the critical reaction no doubt matters to Affleck. He's come a long way from his Dardevil, and Gigli days, and he takes pride in the quality of his work. JL could make 2 billion at the box office, but if it gets panned like BvS did, Affleck is going to want to run to the hills. Even if people think his performance was fine, he's not going to want to be associated with a poorly made film. Affleck, and WB can talk all that want about wanting to do this movie, but I'll believe it when I see it. It was only a week or two ago when Affleck confirmed on Kimmel that he'd be directing the movie, so I see no reason to believe his, or WB's statements now. They have every reason to lie, anyway, so they don't cut the legs out from underneath JL. Also, he's been very non committal on the project for a few months now with statements that always leave a little doubt as to whether or not he'd actually do it. Always talking about the script, and if he can't get it right he's not going to do it. He's left himself a perfect out if he wants to leave, and here we are. He's left the director's chair, and time will tell if he's going to hang up the cape, and cowl as well.

The UE is miles better than the theatrical cut. I liked the theatrical cut when I first saw it, but after seeing the UE, the UE is BvS to me.

I personally like this DCEU and like it better than the MCU. Starting over at this point would do more harm than good in my opinion. It's like you're basically pandering to the critics and asking them, is this good now?

Like you said, as long as the films don't tank at the box office, I think they're going to continue. Plus, after Infinity Wars, the MCU in my opinion is pretty much done for all intents and purposes, so the DCEU will pretty much have the stage as all their main characters will still be playing.

JL is likely guaranteed to make at least 800 million just by merely existing, but if it gets panned by critics, and has a less then enthusiastic audience reaction I don't see it breaking a billion, which means the franchise isn't growing or getting better, and the returns are just going to continue to trend downward for each successive film. I doubt that's what WB had in mind when they foolishly dove head first into this shared universe nonsense without a thought or a care in the world other then the dollar signs they saw after Avengers made a cool billion at the box office.

I reread all the internet gossip columns and stared into the eyes of stock photos of affleck on google search and am positive he is staying with batman to the end of the universe run. I'm positive.

But on the off chance I missed something - WB can always do stop animation shots with the HT batfleck and CGi in costume changes.

Exactly, marvel run is about over . There is no movie left after that I would care for, unless they get x men

Sure, they've made money, but the critical reaction no doubt matters to Affleck. He's come a long way from his Dardevil, and Gigli days, and he takes pride in the quality of his work. JL could make 2 billion at the box office, but if it gets panned like BvS did, Affleck is going to want to run to the hills. Even if people think his performance was fine, he's not going to want to be associated with a poorly made film. Affleck, and WB can talk all that want about wanting to do this movie, but I'll believe it when I see it. It was only a week or two ago when Affleck confirmed on Kimmel that he'd be directing the movie, so I see no reason to believe his, or WB's statements now. They have every reason to lie, anyway, so they don't cut the legs out from underneath JL. Also, he's been very non committal on the project for a few months now with statements that always leave a little doubt as to whether or not he'd actually do it. Always talking about the script, and if he can't get it right he's not going to do it. He's left himself a perfect out if he wants to leave, and here we are. He's left the director's chair, and time will tell if he's going to hang up the cape, and cowl as well.

I would like to think Affleck doesn't make such hasty decisions based on the opinions of critics. If the movie does well financially and goes down with a decent proportion of the fan base(obviously you'll never please everyone, some fans even hate the TDK) he shouldn't care what a single critic says.

I would like to think his depressive demeanour post BvS was more frustration at the critical backlash than any sense of shame in the movie. At worst it had a mixed reaction with fans and if you take the extended cut alone its more good than bad. A quick look at how the critics scores don't tally with the audience score on RT confirms this. RT rate Batman Forever higher than BvS and SR bizarrely gets 75%. :lol

As I've said before the idea of any Disney led conspiracy or whatever is pure fantasy but I do believe critics are applying incredible double standards to this DCEU. They fixate on this 'Martha' scene which was lazy for sure but worse than Superman turning back time? I don't think so. The fact that Superman Returns went down so well with critics says a lot. A film doing little more than badly impersonating the CR movies they love because it fits with their preconceived idea of what Superman should be like.

Affleck's Batman has been a big hit, the speed at which these figures have sold out makes it pretty clear fans are crying out for more. As I understand things he is still pulling the strings and choosing the director for his Batman movie. The premise sounds pretty awesome, he should have the courage of convictions to see it through. If he walks away on the because of critics he'd go down a lot in my estimations...not that he'd care about that obviously but just my opinion. :lol

Back