1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Kirk or Spock or indeed any of the other main contenders apart from BVS Batman so it was an easy choice for me. I do understand why the Donatello figure is doing so well but I'd have mixed feelings if it won. A beautiful figure with a sculpt good enough to rival anything from Hot Toys at a really affordable price is very refreshing.

Problem is it's only available at that affordable price in one country! I'd love to own it but if you don't live in America its either impossible or very costly, especially if you get a defective one and no option to return it. To be figure of the year it really should have more global reach.

I personally chose Kirk and Spock, mostly Kirk, because if you have the figure in hand, I personally think the sculpt is a near flawless portrait of a young Shatner. The clothing is actually well made and is far from looking like doll clothing, and the hands easily switch in and out (unlike HT which can sometimes be a pain). Comes with a fair amount of accessories too for various posing options. Packaging is also very prudent and doesn't take up a lot of space while still coming with just as much accessories as a HT figure.

TOS is classic and I think it's about time the characters were done justice in 1/6 scale.

My honorable mentions were the first Ant-Man figure and all the BvS figures.

Definitely figure of the year 2016. For me though my first figure of 2017.
IMG_20170111_173302_228.jpg

I was a bit disinterested in the wider DC cast in the new movies and decided to sell this guy for the price I got him a few weeks back to fund Deadpool, despite being a great figure. I thought it would give me more incentive to track down the armory Batman to go with my DX11 Joker. Went on a bit of a comics binge over the holidays and just now got around to reading DKR (only started on the second issue, no spoilers please!). This figure gives me more of a DKR vibe than any of the other HT Batman figures and I regret selling it badly, but the prices are a bit crazy on Ebay at the moment to pick it up again.

Could just save for that amazing 1:3 Prime 1 DKR statue.

Got mine last week, what an amazing figure, can't get enough of him.
Couldn't resist taking some shots of him and doing (a little) Photoshop work on them :)

Attachments

• Batman_LOW.jpg
    Batman_LOW.jpg
    987.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Batman_ORIG_LOW.jpg
    Batman_ORIG_LOW.jpg
    822.2 KB · Views: 368
I was a bit disinterested in the wider DC cast in the new movies and decided to sell this guy for the price I got him a few weeks back to fund Deadpool, despite being a great figure. I thought it would give me more incentive to track down the armory Batman to go with my DX11 Joker. Went on a bit of a comics binge over the holidays and just now got around to reading DKR (only started on the second issue, no spoilers please!). This figure gives me more of a DKR vibe than any of the other HT Batman figures and I regret selling it badly, but the prices are a bit crazy on Ebay at the moment to pick it up again.

Could just save for that amazing 1:3 Prime 1 DKR statue.

Same here. Great looking fig but did nothing for me really. I can't stand watching that disgrace of a movie and having it just reminded me of it.

Like you, I sold it.

Unlike you, I sold it for insane profit.

Same here. Great looking fig but did nothing for me really. I can't stand watching that disgrace of a movie and having it just reminded me of it.

Like you, I sold it.

Unlike you, I sold it for insane profit.

BvS was awesome as is the figure

to each their own I guess. I'm personally think the movie wasn't that great, but love the action scenes. everytime I take a look of this figure, it reminded me of how awesome the warehouse fighting scene

Not the greatest comic book movie for sure. I disliked it the first viewing and gave it another chance and ended up liking it a bit more. It spawned an awesome Batman suit design and figure though. Actually spawned a whole line of awesome figures so far.

I thought the film was really good, a bit long winded, but I loved what they were trying to do. Add some gravity and weight to the world, it wasn't supposed to be a super campy and fun film, I think they pulled it off well, trod some good ground of issues that would face the characters, explained well why Batman isn't the Batman we're used to seeing. The characters all had good motivation... well, apart from Lex, I don't really know him as a character but it seems he just wanted to **** about with people.

Not the greatest comic book movie for sure. I disliked it the first viewing and gave it another chance and ended up liking it a bit more. It spawned an awesome Batman suit design and figure though. Actually spawned a whole line of awesome figures so far.

I find that I initially dislike every Batman movie since TDK...I think I'm at an age (41) where my preconceptions heavily influence my first viewing.

But I revisit them because I love the character and always find stuff to appreciate. Now I even like TDKR. :lol

But even with my negative opinion of the movie I still loved the Batfleck costume and his Wayne/Batman. I'm looking forward to JL and especially the solo Batman movie.

Back