1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest - whether it's my principles or just that i'm a tight-***e, I won't pay over the odds... £200 is pretty much my limit, I don't think i've paid over that for any Hot Toys figure so far... for Batman i'd maybe stretch to about £230... but i'd want free postage with that!!!

I remember in the good ol' days when a figure was £150 + £25 postage from Hong Kong.

That was the V1 Joker and Original Costume Batman - ahh, memories!

I got a Hellboy for £135 free delivery!

Sorry to derail the thread but this is absolutely inaccurate. When the prototype of CW Ant-Man was shown, there was praise for the full Paul Rudd headsculpt. It wasnt until after its release that a lot of guys started saying it wasn't that good. Before that, guys were dumping the original for the CW version. They even complained that the original didn't come with a full headsculpt.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough since you've only been a member for a year. This is par for the course around here. New version gets announced, guys start praising it over the original...some even dump the original before the new one gets released. New one gets released and most praise it for being "far superior" to the first offering.

Actually, most are usually only marginally better and definitely come with their own shortcomings.

That being said, while it sucks that I missed this one, it'll be last years prom queen soon enough. And when it does, if I don't decide to pick up the newer version ("better"), I'll take advantage of one of the ones that become available for a more reasonable price.

I'm not wrong. Not sure how you remember it so differently. Check back through the thread if you need confirmation. As someone else pointed out, people were just saying the sculpt looked like Affleck and the suit was a poorer design.

He's my favorite figure right now!

wilian_batista_9_1_2017_14_8_49_146.jpg

To be honest - whether it's my principles or just that i'm a tight-***e, I won't pay over the odds... £200 is pretty much my limit, I don't think i've paid over that for any Hot Toys figure so far... for Batman i'd maybe stretch to about £230... but i'd want free postage with that!!!

I wouldn't say you are tight, just sensible. I've said before for a figure to sell at £200 or above it should have the full DX treatment, extra headsculpt and a ton of accessories. £160 for a bare bones figure, £180 if it has a decent amount of accessories. Sadly that's not the way Hot Toys sees things. I might be wrong but I'm not sure this figure was ever available for £200 even on preorder.

Just looking at my preorders for this year they're all £235-£245 apart from Wonder Woman at exactly £200. I know I'm getting ripped off by at least £50 on each figure so I'm stupid for buying them. :lol I try and reason it to myself that people routinely pay way over the odds for branded clothes that are likely made for peanuts or cigarettes/alcohol that provide a short term fix but ultimately shorten their lives...but still whatever way I try and justify it I'm an idiot. :lol

I don't blame UK retailers for those prices btw. It's obviously Hot Toys pushing the prices way up and passing the cost onto retailers. The weak pound is probably adding at least £20-30 to each figure and with the full effects of Brexit still years away its hard to see it improving anytime soon.

I remember in the good ol' days when a figure was £150 + £25 postage from Hong Kong.

That was the V1 Joker and Original Costume Batman - ahh, memories!

I got a Hellboy for £135 free delivery!

Yeah prices are ridiculous now. Buying these figures isn't something I can afford to do lightly. This Batman is my no.1 want right now, I have a SS Joker on pre-order and will pick up WW too... my ultimate aim being to collect the JL... however i'm being really tempted by the BR Batman right now too!!!

Also, re-prices, I have just sold my Art Figures Dredd figure as i've seen the ThreeA comic book versions, which blows it out of the water.... he looks absolutely perfect, and all for around the £155 mark.

Man, a figure has never held my attention like this. Every time I pass my display my eyes still lock on him. Such a great piece. Shame some slept on him!

The weakness of the pound hasn't helped the UK retailers, either. £250 seems the going rate for this guy, I'll get him at some point but not particularly desperate right now.

Yeah prices are ridiculous now. Buying these figures isn't something I can afford to do lightly. This Batman is my no.1 want right now, I have a SS Joker on pre-order and will pick up WW too... my ultimate aim being to collect the JL... however i'm being really tempted by the BR Batman right now too!!!

Also, re-prices, I have just sold my Art Figures Dredd figure as i've seen the ThreeA comic book versions, which blows it out of the water.... he looks absolutely perfect, and all for around the £155 mark.

I have some Batman stuff for sale if you are interested. I will message you.

I'm very happy to have gotten this figure... I don't think either of the JL suits are an improvement (the non-tactical one still has unnecessary panels and such on the abs and shoulders), and if they release a SS version, I would bet that it won't come with all of the accessories. I'm guessing it'll be a little stripped down (but with addition of re-breather and maybe handcuffs). Based on the JL pics, I'm not liking any of the new costume designs. I'm sure it'll look better on film, but the still pics don't get me excited.

I don't think Hot Toys are worth the retail price, let alone the mark ups on the secondary market. This Batman is an anomaly. I can't quite figure out why he is sold out everywhere. My only guess is that he had a really small production run due to having multiple Batman figures on the market at the same time and the potential of a Suicide Squad version being released.

I would agree with this assessment. And according to SSCs, there are more coming :pray:

Whether that's true or not is still to be determined BUT HTs is usually not prone to leaving money on the table...still a lot of demand for this figure.

Last edited:
I'm not wrong. Not sure how you remember it so differently. Check back through the thread if you need confirmation. As someone else pointed out, people were just saying the sculpt looked like Affleck and the suit was a poorer design.

Yeah, I agreed some said the head looked like Affleck but that wasn't EVERYONE's opinion. You want to state things as absolutes as if everyone is saying the same thing...they aren't. Nothing you are stating negates my statement. There are collectors in our community that will dump this figure the minute the new one gets released and or announced. It's happened with a multitude of figures and yes even Ant-Man :slap

Those of us who want this one at a reasonable price have to be patient and time it right if it doesn't get re-released by HTs. I'm simply saying the best time will be around the release of the new Batman whether it is SS Batfleck, JL Batfleck or whatever else HTs pulls out their arse...a new announcement/release is a new opportunity to own this one.

Yeah, I agreed some said the head looked like Affleck but that wasn't EVERYONE's opinion. You want to state things as absolutes as if everyone is saying the same thing...they aren't. Nothing you are stating negates my statement. There are collectors in our community that will dump this figure the minute the new one gets released and or announced. It's happened with a multitude of figures and yes even Ant-Man :slap

Those of us who want this one at a reasonable price have to be patient and time it right if it doesn't get re-released by HTs. I'm simply saying the best time will be around the release of the new Batman whether it is SS Batfleck, JL Batfleck or whatever else HTs pulls out their arse...a new announcement/release is a new opportunity to own this one.

No, of course it wasn't everyone's opinion. I'm sure there were a couple of people who ditched the old Ant-Man for the new one, but that's a tiny minority.

It really depends. It seems like this figure has struck a chord with a lot of collectors so I wouldn't expect many to drop them as soon as the sparkly new version comes along.

That's always the case. Again, you need to look around more often. The new figure is always the cats meow...until another figure is released. And in some cases, it doesn't even have to be the same figure. Guys will dump it to fund other figures.

Similar things were said about the MMS 117...then the DX 10 came out...then the DX 13...:huh

It's just the nature of the beast. NOT saying this figure is the flavor of the month but right now it's peaked or peaking = not a good time to buy. Wait until some new shiny fig is released and that's the time to start hunting this down.

I'm not saying guys will dump this en masse...I'm not saying sure you guys that have it now will hate it later. I'm just saying there are those who will move on. You can attempt to quantify that number as a "tiny minority" but that's still an opportunity for those of us who missed it to get it...and at a reasonable price point.

If I'm getting a Batman Ffig from Justice League it won't be the regular Batman. The new tactical suit is growing on me however. Even though I enjoyed Arkham Knight, I don't like the proportions and how that suit looks completely over designed.

Darker color aside this is my favorite Batman HT has produced. I hope the SS Batman makes it into production so I can buy another one. I do like the JL Batman but I prefer a more non armored looking Batman without a visible body armor. Hopefully the solo Batman movie goes back to that design.

Back