1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Batman with TC and SR last Saturday, finally had time to unbox it today. Took it out for a couple of minutes early this morning for some quick shots under natural light. It's amazing how this figure turned out, I'm thankful that I took a leap of faith and POd this soon after our distributor opened slots last year (and I'm happy a was able to find a friend who wants to get Superman so I could get the TC).

Really love the figure. I wish the faceplates on mine had more consistent paintjob though. One's a bit pale, one's a bit reddish than the rest, while the neutral mouth had the darkest stubble (which I like).

15590217_10154136740281592_4765155292352051012_n.jpg

15492609_10154136740251592_2350167605792825114_n.jpg

15400460_10154136740241592_2338687224077116838_n.jpg

Nitpicking here: not a knock on the figure (which is awesome if you like this rendition of Batman) but a knock on the design of the costume in the movie: why would an ultra-realistic vigilante Batman wear a gold-colored belt with his black and gray costume? It just looks odd to me. A yellow belt is fine on the more comic-booky Batmen with yellow ovals on their chests, but on this guy it just seems strange. If I owned this figure the first thing I would do is paint that belt black.

Nitpicking here: not a knock on the figure (which is awesome if you like this rendition of Batman) but a knock on the design of the costume in the movie: why would an ultra-realistic vigilante Batman wear a gold-colored belt with his black and gray costume? It just looks odd to me. A yellow belt is fine on the more comic-booky Batmen with yellow ovals on their chests, but on this guy it just seems strange. If I owned this figure the first thing I would do is paint that belt black.

Black itself is bad camo even before getting to the gold you probably should have nitpicked that first.

Got my Batman with TC and SR last Saturday, finally had time to unbox it today. Took it out for a couple of minutes early this morning for some quick shots under natural light. It's amazing how this figure turned out, I'm thankful that I took a leap of faith and POd this soon after our distributor opened slots last year (and I'm happy a was able to find a friend who wants to get Superman so I could get the TC).

Really love the figure. I wish the faceplates on mine had more consistent paintjob though. One's a bit pale, one's a bit reddish than the rest, while the neutral mouth had the darkest stubble (which I like).

looks good in the natural light! very realistic

Yeah I'm wondering this too. I've been checking out his new wired cape and it looks pretty damn good. A bit more smooth and rubbery than it should be, but still a massive improvement over the awful stock cape.

Kinda wish he told me he was working on a wired cape when I ordered his first one. GD it. I still haven't received the first one yet. My tracking says it went through San Fransisco on the 12th of this month.

The only concern I have about it is how thick it appears to be in the front, and how it makes the tab on the cowl stick out. I'm wondering if it might be possible to glue that portion down somehow to make it flatter...

I have to say that I'm surprised how many people like the "angry" mouthplate (not just on this figure, but on all figures that include one)... I've never been a big fan of any of them. As much as I love this figure and happy it comes with the posing option, I don't think I'll ever pose it with that mouthplate.

Just got mine this week! I haven't opened the accessories set yet - definitely worth picking this up.

Lucky you for getting a cowl that has a tip which sits flat on the chest! It sucks that the placement of capes can be inconsistent as well. Yours is a bit further up :)

Back