1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Read a few pages back. I've been posting about the bundle pack. They have more Superman figs coming to meet orders for singles and bundles so they are expecting cancellations and/or extra to fulfill WL orders for both figures.

seeing this made me sign up for the wait list for supes! it gave me a little hope to find him for retail :p hope I get lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, thanks for bolding that for me bud.
I should have done that or added the "in my humble opinion" to make an opinion. :lol

Being a collector for many years now, You do get jaded.
Dont get me wrong, of course, its always supercool getting new figures, and always feels like Christmas...but I'm talking about that REALLY REALLY BIG christmas present that you had when you were a kid. Like the "getting that videogame system you've been begging for christmas feeling".
That's what I got when I opened up the box on this figure.
And I even just received Civil War Captain America two weeks before getting this figure, so you would think that the excitement would have simmered down a bit after just receiving a figure. But when I opened up the box and found out how bad ass this figure is, I had a hard time containing my excitement.
To finally see a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns interpretation of the suit on screen...and Hot Toys nailing the figure, it felt like that first Hot Toys figure again.

I'd like to think I have a pretty good collection, I think this one takes the cake for the best figure for me.
As I said...Figure of the decade for me...uhm...in my humble opinion. :wink1:

:exactly:

I also think that excitement is enhanced when it's one of our personal favorite characters.

No mods. Straight out of the box, with just futzing.
Figure of the decade for me.
I'm usually a modder, and that almost every single figure I have, have some form of mods.
But this beast is almost perfect for me.

Always love your toy photography, Remy :clap

Ok, I have this figure on preorder from Bbts and I'm starting to get worried. I've noticed that other online vendors and local comic book shops have received their shipments and I have yet to receive a e-mail telling me that my order will be coming soon like some other bbts customers have. I know that Sideshow under ordered their stock and that's where bbts gets theirs from. I'm thinking Sideshow filled as many orders as they could and tried to cover as many wait lists as they could and then sent bbts a tiny, limited number just to cover a small portion of what they owed them to placate them. I'm probably being paranoid but it's starting to get old waiting for bbts to fill my order.

No mods. Straight out of the box, with just futzing.
Figure of the decade for me.
I'm usually a modder, and that almost every single figure I have, have some form of mods.
But this beast is almost perfect for me.

Very nice dude! :clap

And not to worry about what anybody else says, if it's your figure of the decade then more power to you!!

Just an impromptu iPhone image of him as he currently looks in my display. The cowl doesn't cover the logo on mine in the least. However, what I do have an issue with is futzing with is the cape on his left shoulder to get it to stay as flat as possible against his shoulder. I have his head turned that direction so the cowl causes it to sort of push up a bit. He looks perfect for me right out of the box though.

image.jpg

Very nice dude! :clap

And not to worry about what anybody else says, if it's your figure of the decade then more power to you!!

Thanks man. :)

Just an impromptu iPhone image of him as he currently looks in my display. The cowl doesn't cover the logo on mine in the least. However, what I do have an issue with is futzing with is the cape on his left shoulder to get it to stay as flat as possible against his shoulder. I have his head turned that direction so the cowl causes it to sort of push up a bit. He looks perfect for me right out of the box though.

View attachment 302704

With the cape being long, what I did was tuck the bottom of the cape underneath the base which keeps the cape flat on his shoulder.
Now, i am using a generic base which is not as thick as the stock, but I think the cape is still long enough to be able to be tucked under the stock base.

Ok, I have this figure on preorder from Bbts and I'm starting to get worried. I've noticed that other online vendors and local comic book shops have received their shipments and I have yet to receive a e-mail telling me that my order will be coming soon like some other bbts customers have. I know that Sideshow under ordered their stock and that's where bbts gets theirs from. I'm thinking Sideshow filled as many orders as they could and tried to cover as many wait lists as they could and then sent bbts a tiny, limited number just to cover a small portion of what they owed them to placate them. I'm probably being paranoid but it's starting to get old waiting for bbts to fill my order.

Dont worry too much. Mine should arrive about end of November. Says my local eshop which I trust. So still there is batch of figures on its way.

Dont worry too much. Mine should arrive about end of November. Says my local eshop which I trust. So still there is batch of figures on its way.

Yeah, I hope I'm worrying about nothing.

the sculpt alone makes me put bats way over supes.

but rey... tfa rey?? wah. opinions are opinions i suppose, but rey is such a simple figure. the body is just a reuse, the sculpt isn't as dead-on, and the outfit is pretty routine for HT to do.

im not going by what character/movie/whatever is my favorite, but technical achievement for FOTY status. i mean i ****ing hate these movies, but I won't let that get in the way of seeing how amazing these figs have been.

Fair enough, but for me Rey still makes for a very impressive figure with all the different layers and all the cool scavenger accessories that come with it. And I'm also one who absolutely loves the headsculpt on it.

Batfleck definitely has a fantastic, dead-on likeness and looks imposing as hell on display, but the body's proportions are still off a bit from the movie, and the stiff and awkward cape is such a huge pain that I have to knock a few points off just for that. And the figure still requires a bit of modding if you want it to look as good as it can be. I still freakin love the figure of course, but I just don't think it's quite the home run everyone else here does. :)

I already got in touch with him for a custom cape, and I don't even have my figure yet. Looks fantastic, straight out of the comics. So much better than the movie cape.

b1ab47ac759bb78329f8266851308631.jpg

0cc2aa071c8d03f5748c47fb83f5fdd2.jpg

Back