1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty common, at least for me. UPS is slow as ******, usually takes 6 days to reach me in Kansas. 3 or 4 days pass before tracking updates again.

Thanks guys. I'v never had hem not update the tracking, so it started freaking me out. I can't believe the time has finally come!

What is the cape mod?

There's two different ones. Cutting the bottom end of the cape so it's not on the floor pushing the cowl up. Also you'll need to cut it in a way where it mimics the original jagged design.

The second mod is peeling the side lining of the cape and trimming the side of the cape so that the cape flows a lot better and isn't stiff

33c44c73489b87bd0c7cdba2db562cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My official conversion date is tomorrow...till they charge and ship I won't see it till late next week or early the following. Prove me wrong SS! :wink1:

Tinman say it ain't so! Shoooott. Same for me. Except wife and I PCS to Florida next Wednesday!!!! I was hoping to get it at my old address by then D:

Battfleck is my fave Batman too, not necessarily because of his portrayal, but because:

• The Batsuit is the closest to the original comic style (though I've been disappointed by how dark the HT version appears)
  • It's a good balance between real-world and fantasy (previous versions were too much of one or the other, eg. no meta-humans in the Nolanverse)
  • Batman has a 20-year history of crimefighting that can be explored in prequels (unlike the Nolanverse when he was only in action for six months to a year)
  • We get to see big-screen versions of both The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman

This Batsuit has grown on me but I wouldn't call it my favorite. If I were to pick a comic style outfit I would have picked something more along the lines of his seventies look (gray suit with yellow oval Bat emblem, blue cowl, cape, gloves, gauntlets, and boots, and yellow belt). Either that or something along the lines of the Jim Lee look from the Hush storyline.

As far as Batman having history in this universe I guess I'm a bit iffy on how I feel. Personally I think it loses some impact to just throw us in with this version of the character and be told this is where he's at with no history. I would have rather gotten a solo Batman film before Batman V Superman with a Batman a few years or so active but maybe hadn't dealt with a big super villain yet and was taking on more street level/mob crime before. Affleck still did a good job with what he was given but overall I would have gone about it differently.

I wanted to ask if anyone had good, proper lighting pictures of the OSK Bruce sculpt? I have an image for a shelf in my mind that would require a Bruce Wayne, but that sculpt hasn't sold me. Looks almost faded in color, if that makes sense. I don't want to invest in a half ass custom, I would rather wait for the inevitable Hot Toys Bruce then.

Battfleck is my fave Batman too, not necessarily because of his portrayal, but because:

• The Batsuit is the closest to the original comic style
  • It's a good balance between real-world and fantasy (previous versions were too much of one or the other, eg. no meta-humans in the Nolanverse)
  • Batman has a 20-year history of crimefighting that can be explored in prequels (unlike the Nolanverse when he was only in action for six months to a year)
  • We get to see big-screen versions of both The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman

All excellent points, especially the second.

"I thought she was with you."
ecd37031d08650ac2e7051ac22141839.jpg

Got my Bats Exclusive today. Unfortunately, the sniper rifle is ridiculously undersized, so much so that I left it in the box. The only other complaint I have is really more of a general one concerning a lot of recent figures. Does anybody else remember the days when it was nearly impossible to get the hands off the wrist pegs? Now it seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way. I spent about half an hour just trying to get him to hold the grenade launcher because the hands kept popping off the wrists.

Other than those two things, I'm really liking him. The cowl over chest logo is really a non-issue. All it takes is minor futzing and it looks as it did in the movie (disclaimer: it is covering the logo in my pics because I have his head tilted down).

Anyway, here's some crappy lighting phone pics.

c9492b8803950cbba22af4bc679143a2.jpg
87a3fc23d033ba21e38ab34275c12538.jpg
d57643ab8ca290c2eac6338ddebae6a5.jpg
c1aa3396ca6fbc0a6904ce123cccb0a4.jpg
80c6d816f9c6c3061d05175ded1cfe26.jpg

This Batsuit has grown on me but I wouldn't call it my favorite. If I were to pick a comic style outfit I would have picked something more along the lines of his seventies look (gray suit with yellow oval Bat emblem, blue cowl, cape, gloves, gauntlets, and boots, and yellow belt). Either that or something along the lines of the Jim Lee look from the Hush storyline.

That would be my preference also, but as I said the Battfleck suit is the *closest* so far.

I would have rather gotten a solo Batman film before Batman V Superman with a Batman a few years or so active but maybe hadn't dealt with a big super villain yet and was taking on more street level/mob crime before.

Me too, and I would've even liked to see a second Supes movie. But there was obviously a studio imperative to fast-track JL. Hopefully we'll get some pre-BvS solo Batflicks.

All excellent points, especially the second.

Thank you sir!

"I thought she was with you."
ecd37031d08650ac2e7051ac22141839.jpg

Got my Bats Exclusive today. Unfortunately, the sniper rifle is ridiculously undersized, so much so that I left it in the box. The only other complaint I have is really more of a general one concerning a lot of recent figures. Does anybody else remember the days when it was nearly impossible to get the hands off the wrist pegs? Now it seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way. I spent about half an hour just trying to get him to hold the grenade launcher because the hands kept popping off the wrists.

Other than those two things, I'm really liking him. The cowl over chest logo is really a non-issue. All it takes is minor futzing and it looks as it did in the movie (disclaimer: it is covering the logo in my pics because I have his head tilted down).

Anyway, here's some crappy lighting phone pics.

c9492b8803950cbba22af4bc679143a2.jpg
87a3fc23d033ba21e38ab34275c12538.jpg
d57643ab8ca290c2eac6338ddebae6a5.jpg
c1aa3396ca6fbc0a6904ce123cccb0a4.jpg
80c6d816f9c6c3061d05175ded1cfe26.jpg
I am looking to buy the sniper rifle. Let me know if you're willing to sell it :D

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

Back