1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't even waste your breath, it's an argument that can't be won until actually see the movie and understand.

Usually turns out to be the case, myself included at times, admittedly. However, I also acknowledge that my first impression of something isn't my final end all be all opinion about something. My first impression of the tactical suit isn't overly positive, but I'm not worrying about it because I know it's obviously just a situational suit that probably won't even show up in the film for more than 10 minutes and even then, I may end up liking it after seeing it in action in the film and its purpose. I'm not going to make my blood pressure skyrocket over one picture. My first impression of the Ant-Man CW suit wasn't positive either, but it grew on me.

Just like the way people whined about the casting of Affleck as Batman. Now many of those very same people are saying he's arguably the best portrayal of Bats. Again, when he was announced it wouldn't have been my first choice, but I wasn't going to form an opinion until actually seeing him in the role. You never know.

Usually turns out to be the case, myself included at times, admittedly. However, I also acknowledge that my first impression of something isn't my final end all be all opinion about something. My first impression of the tactical suit isn't overly positive, but I'm not worrying about it because I know it's obviously just a situational suit that probably won't even show up in the film for more than 10 minutes and even then, I may end up liking it after seeing it in action in the film and its purpose. I'm not going to make my blood pressure skyrocket over one picture. My first impression of the Ant-Man CW suit wasn't positive either, but it grew on me.

Just like the way people whined about the casting of Affleck as Batman. Now many of those very same people are saying he's arguably the best portrayal of Bats. Again, when he was announced it wouldn't have been my first choice, but I wasn't going to form an opinion until actually seeing him in the role. You never know.

My only complaint about the suits in JL is that we went back to older movie tactical armor look. Something like Nolan's complex suit which is my least favorite batsuit.
The thing I love about the BvS suit is that we finally have something close to the comic book, which looks more like a fluid armor, than a tactical armor.
What I was hoping is that since he is with other heroes, we would finally see batman in a more colorful scheme than the black or dark gray color. Be cool to see a more blue and gray scheme.
Hell, even the oval batlogo.

or like this

My only complaint about the suits in JL is that we went back to older movie tactical armor look. Something like Nolan's complex suit which is my least favorite batsuit.
The thing I love about the BvS suit is that we finally have something close to the comic book, which looks more like a fluid armor, than a tactical armor.
What I was hoping is that since he is with other heroes, we would finally see batman in a more colorful scheme than the black or dark gray color. Be cool to see a more blue and gray scheme.

or like this

this would be perfect since its justice league a lighter tone, less scary. but the solo batman better have the bvs suit and dark

or like this

Yeah, I would definitely agree with that. Feels more like a regression than a progression. However, if it's intended purpose is to be a tactical suit, I can understand that it would obviously have a tactical look, and since TDK trilogy's main suit was intended to have a tactical look in general, the two (suits) would have similarities. The only difference is in this universe, it's intended for a specific purpose, whereas in TDK trilogy, that was the main suit.

I'd have to agree that it's my least favorite bat suit as well, but I liked TDK trilogy's tactical suit. It made the suit feel more realistic and had a purpose. However, as mentioned above, that would make it more of a "purpose" suit than his actual regular suit. Even then though, the tactical look just feels like it works better with Bale's portrayal of Batman than it does with Affleck's. Bale's Batman was more precise and tactical with his fighting style, relying solely on martial arts, whereas Affleck's is more of a brawler and bruiser who just pummels you (the style I prefer).

We'll see how it's utilized in the film.

Sooooo yeah..

this guy turned out pretty awesome

14317366_10207118016564563_6583058034131361341_n.jpg

A few nagging little quibbles on him but overall, great figure

Well since the gloves aren't flexible like that on the figure, i would say no. But you can get a close approximation of the pose itself

Thanks Opt! I know the gloves won't flex...more concerned about getting the arms in the right position. Much appreciated!

People are really getting bent up over one of the special purpose Batsuits with very little background context? Let alone from a movie that hasn't been released yet.

How old are we?!..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People are really getting bent up over one of the special purpose Batsuits with very little background context? Let alone from a movie that hasn't been released yet.

How old are we?!..

Throw in the obvious point that these same people complaining will pre order this day one. :clap

How old are we?!..

Not old enough apparently! :lol
I will give it a chance in the film and probably buy the HT figure

Back