1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordering Superman and regular Batman as two separate individual orders at the same time didn't secure you the TC, you had to select the bundle option that included the two figures and offered the TC as an exclusive item if you ordered the bundle.

I ordered the two figures separately and at check out a message displayed that my order was upgraded to special edition. I already have my superman because it was never a twin pack because they don't come together.

Man, I hope there is tons of stock on this figure and the eBay scalpers end up eating theirs. Frakkin a$$holes.

I ordered the two figures separately and at check out a message displayed that my order was upgraded to special edition. I already have my superman because it was never a twin pack because they don't come together.

No it was a bundle, but you're right, the figures don't come together in one box; you still receive them separately when each one releases. The TC just comes packaged with Batman. So the people who selected the bundle option with the EX TC accessory already have their Supermans.

I'm hoping once this and the other Batmen hit en masse, it'll be easier to get an extra crotch stand on the cheap. I love the BvS base, but Supes' waist clasp needs to get swapped out.

Yep.

If it fits around his waist, I think I may actually use the c-clamp the came with Superman on Armored Bats though and use the pole that comes with Armored Bats on Superman. From what I've heard, the body on Armored Bats is pretty top heavy and the ankle joints are a little loose, so it can topple forward easily. The c-clamp may be better suited for him and also, the armor is plastic and a smoother surface than the suit of Superman, so I think the potential for damage would be more at a minimum with the c-clamp on Armored Bats rather than Superman.

Very excited for this Batman to come out. I ordered the two-pack to get the mech helmet, but sold Superman off on ebay right when I got him. I was amazed I made my money back (including shipping and fees). Didn't think to sell him later for a higher price.

Not regretting my decision, though. Hope he went to a good home. I just wanted to make sure I got every Batman accessory available...

Yeah, Supes appears to be in high demand right now. I believe the release of regular Bats helped increase demand for the Supes figure.

Not a lot of sympathy for those who are complaining about high eBay prices. It sucks, but you know that's how the game is played. Batman went up in December. You had plenty of time to purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah months of whining on how the figure looks like a piece of crap and now EVERYBODY screaming for it...lesson learned???

Yeah months of whining on how the figure looks like a piece of crap and now EVERYBODY screaming for it...lesson learned???

That's the collectors way! Lol

I procrastinated on ordering this figure just because of my recent home purchase amongst other things in my life. I was a little taken back to see that it was sold out considering how much hate it initially received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it was a bundle, but you're right, the figures don't come together in one box; you still receive them separately when each one releases. The TC just comes packaged with Batman. So the people who selected the bundle option with the EX TC accessory already have their Supermans.

Yep.

If it fits around his waist, I think I may actually use the c-clamp the came with Superman on Armored Bats though and use the pole that comes with Armored Bats on Superman. From what I've heard, the body on Armored Bats is pretty top heavy and the ankle joints are a little loose, so it can topple forward easily. The c-clamp may be better suited for him and also, the armor is plastic and a smoother surface than the suit of Superman, so I think the potential for damage would be more at a minimum with the c-clamp on Armored Bats rather than Superman.

I've seen the mk45 stand used with armored batman and it looks pretty good.

Not a lot of sympathy for those who are complaining about high eBay prices. It sucks, but you know that's how the game is played. Batman went up in December. You had plenty of time to purchase. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did preorder but had to cancel due to cut backs on spending. I still have the funds to pay for it in my paypal account but Sideshow doesn't take paypal on preorders.
And what about all of those people who don't want to give out their credit cards and only use paypal? If jack-hole scalpers didn't suck up lots of stock on preorders plenty of those would be available to purchase once they arrive in stores over here at normal prices. Yeah, I know how the game is played and people that do this are runining it for people like me who just like the hobby.

I did preorder but had to cancel due to cut backs on spending. I still have the funds to pay for it in my paypal account but Sideshow doesn't take paypal on preorders.
And what about all of those people who don't want to give out their credit cards and only use paypal? If jack-hole scalpers didn't suck up lots of stock on preorders plenty of those would be available to purchase once they arrive in stores over here at normal prices. Yeah, I know how the game is played and people that do this are runining it for people like me who just like the hobby.

Ive bought all over the internet with credit cards and never had a problem. As someone else mentioned these were on preorder for quite awhile before it sold out. If your method of payment is limited it is a more self-imposed limitation. Scalpers dont really target Hot Toys as ROI is very very low, I see them more involved in 6in figures(try buying MOTUC on sale day).

Ive bought all over the internet with credit cards and never had a problem. As someone else mentioned these were on preorder for quite awhile before it sold out. If your method of payment is limited it is a more self-imposed limitation. Scalpers dont really target Hot Toys as ROI is very very low, I see them more involved in 6in figures(try buying MOTUC on sale day).

I agree 100% everyone had the opportunity to pre order and pay up with sideshow & paying for anything by credit card is the safest way as a credit card will cover you if anything goes wrong.
I'd worry more about paying via debit card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed x3. I got complacent with Hot Toys not really selling out as fast as they used to, and actually just planned on ordering one after he was in stock everywhere. Before I got lucky with BBTS this week, the only person I was frustrated with was myself. And still am for not ordering Superman.

I'm excited to get this guy. I ordered the version with the Tech Cowl and Sniper rifle. Now I am just deciding do I want to get Knightmare.

agreed x3. I got complacent with Hot Toys not really selling out as fast as they used to, and actually just planned on ordering one after he was in stock everywhere. Before I got lucky with BBTS this week, the only person I was frustrated with was myself. And still am for not ordering Superman.

Yup same, back in the day these figures weren't guaranteed at all unless you PO'd them, now it's hard to tell. I thought Kylo would definitely sell out so I PO'd him, but he's still in stock. Decided not to PO batman and now I'm on the wait-list. :lol

it's a funny world we live in, lesson learned though! :lol

All I'm saying is that I wish more places took Paypal for preorders and that scalpers suck. If you think scalping is fine then whatever.

Yup same, back in the day these figures weren't guaranteed at all unless you PO'd them, now it's hard to tell. I thought Kylo would definitely sell out so I PO'd him, but he's still in stock. Decided not to PO batman and now I'm on the wait-list. :lol

it's a funny world we live in, lesson learned though! :lol

Kylo is a differnet case. The inital run of Kylo did sell out, just like ANH Obi wan, Han and Chewbacca. However Hot Toys decided to make another run of them. Hot Toys has now shown that they can create more figures if the demand is high enough. This keeps scalpers on thier toes now and they have to really consider hoarding all the figures to increase demand, casue HT might just beat them to the punch.

Back