1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the bat logo being slightly covered by the cowl, I have to agree with Clipper; it's one of those things where if it stops you from getting the figure, then you probably didn't want it that badly to begin with.

Regarding the bat logo being slightly covered by the cowell, I have to agree with Clipper; it's one of those things where if it stops you from getting the figure, then you probably didn't want it that badly to begin with.

I also agree not to mention it's a very easy fix as demonstrated by Clipper and Tony Mei.

I don't think it's cut. It's just the angle of the photo. If you look at the flash photo, it's pretty smooth and finished off. If that portion was cut, it would have to be sanded, smoothed, finished and painted. Hardly think he took the time to do all that.

image_58.jpeg

I would actually believe him more if he said that he cut it, sanded, smoothed, and painted it lol.
In all of his pictures, he always drapes the cape super high up on the cowls shoulder area which already looks odd. Overall, the flap is way too short though.
19c618620e965f97bd81ce2d73ca25b5.jpg

052344345442f794a96a4f09144d9c71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Batman body modification

The mod is a tricky one. But if you look at these pictures, the bulky body builder look is what they're after.

I admire your effort but your mods made him way too bulky.

I really like Tony Mei's mods
>
14114989_10157326807510035_3627957411632771381_o.jpg

It's possible it could just be the angle. The cowl could be tilted back just a tad and you can already tell the photo on the right is taken from a slightly higher position.

I believe it's just how he has the cape futzed. The tab is still there, but since the cape is pulled off the shoulders and back it makes it appear like the shape has changed.

I am so glad I am not as ocd as you guys. I admire your courage and skill to mod an expensive figure. I am just happy enough to have one.

out of the 43 figures I have I only modded my STRIKE Cap. I can deal with little things like the cowl covering the bat as long as the figure overall looks good. If I have to mod a figure again to make it look presentable(like STRIKE Cap) i wont buy it.

the figure looks great, but the bat symbol is a major focal point to the suit, and like any other batsuit, it shouldn't be covered in anyway IMO. it takes away from the realism and is something that once you've seen, you can't un-see.

Selling off my tech cowl if anyone is after one

Got lucky and was able to secure one on BBTS just now. Thank you to whoever canceled! Thought I missed out on this guy. For any one else still trying to grab one I suggest keeping an eye on there in case another pops up.

Dammit. How do I keep missing it on bbts?!?!? I checked like 30 minutes ago! Ha

Congrats on your order.

I am so glad I am not as ocd as you guys. I admire your courage and skill to mod an expensive figure. I am just happy enough to have one.

:goodpost:

Unfortunately I'm on the SSC waitlist for this guy; if I DO manage to get one I may try something that could easily be reversed and not a permanent fix.

I think everyone that can't get past the bat symbol being covered by the cowl should cancel their SSC order immediately! :wink1:

They should start shipping them ASAP.

When will they? :dunno

How does the whole process work....are the figures shipping to the US when they get released in HK or is there a delay.
Cant understand what the delay is...Im Still waiting on Rey and that has been out for some time now.

How does the whole process work....are the figures shipping to the US when they get released in HK or is there a delay.
Cant understand what the delay is...Im Still waiting on Rey and that has been out for some time now.

When they release in HK, they are then shipped to the US (literally on ships in containers, not via air). Then they have to work through the customs system before they get to Sideshow's warehouse. From there, they are shipped to retailers and Sideshow's customers. The whole process takes about a month to a month and a half from when they are released in HK. That is, unless there are unexpected delays such as a dock worker strike.

Edit: generally it takes even longer to get stock in Europe, although they have fairly recently starting shipping to some countries from an Asian warehouse, so that also affects the process.

Last edited:

I think they should be shipping all these versions by the end of this month now that we are officially in sept.

Btw, if you go to the Rey thread, you will notice that SSC have already sent out 14 day notices to people so at the very least you should getting your 14 day notice for her soon

I think they should be shipping all these versions by the end of this month now that we are officially in sept.

Btw, if you go to the Rey thread, you will notice that SSC have already sent out 14 day notices to people so at the very least you should getting your 14 day notice for her soon

Thanks....yeah I saw that. It seems to be taking longer now from release in HK to shipment from SS.
I really need Wonder Woman to show up soon at this rate...it's my x-mas pressie:lol (from my wife, God bless her) but with these wait times I'm not sure Id have it in Dec.

Back